which florida airport for miami departure?

just booked on navigator of the seas out of miami on jan 7th. Got fortunate and booked 8316, a hump cabin. Have a dilema though, airfare into miami airport is almost 200.00 highr than airfare into FLL. We are planning on staying in hotel the night before the cruise. Anyone have anyexperience with this issue. I wonder if it would be better to just pay the extra and fly into Miami or fly into FLL and pay dearly for transportation to maimi hotel

I'm sure you will get lots of advice from those that have done this, but it seems to me like you could do a one way car rental for less than the $200 difference in the airfare. I think some companies have a drop off right at the Miami port. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Hi, we flew into Fort Lauderdale the day before rented a car and stayed at a hotel in Miami. The hotel actually had a drop off for the rental car right there. I can't remember the name of the hotel it was a few years ago. It worked out fine. We went down by the Bayside Marina that night and had dinner and walked around it was really nice. (Is it called the Bayside Marina?) Anyway... have a great time. Oh and we took the Royal Caribbean shuttle back to the airport when the cruise ended. Good Luck.:)

You don't have to pay dearly for the transportation to Miami. You don't say how many of you there are, but for $18pp you can get a shuttle right outside of the baggage claim in FLL and will take you to hotel in Miami. And on the way back we get a taxi for $65.

You could do the car rental which is a pain in my book because you have to return the car.

Or you could do the above shuttle down and cruise line transfer back which would be $30 per person.

Even if you fly to Miami it will be a $26 taxi ride to the port.

Sue is right on for 2 people take the Go Shuttle. Consider Hertz for a rental if you are traveling with 4 people , the drop off is about 1/2 mile from the port and a nice walk (10-15 minutes) if the weather is decent, nothing that makes my wife uncomfortable, or take their free shuttle, either way it's easier than going through the airport, and most airlines offer great rental discounts.

just booked on navigator of the seas out of miami on jan 7th. Got fortunate and booked 8316, a hump cabin. Have a dilema though, airfare into miami airport is almost 200.00 highr than airfare into FLL. We are planning on staying in hotel the night before the cruise. Anyone have anyexperience with this issue. I wonder if it would be better to just pay the extra and fly into Miami or fly into FLL and pay dearly for transportation to maimi hotel

I'm booked on this cruise too!! I think you're on the starboard side - we're almost directly across from you on port side!!! (or vice versa).....Can't wait for this cruise!!

M.

I second the recommendation for SAS Shuttle. Steve and his group do a great job and are very reasonable. Last December we paid $15 each to and from FLL to Miami port.

Several other I've referred to them have been pleased as well.

I second the recommendation for SAS Shuttle. Steve and his group do a great job and are very reasonable. Last December we paid $15 each to and from FLL to Miami port.

Several other I've referred to them have been pleased as well.

SAS is absolutely the best I have used in So FL. We used them 3 weeks ago. $15/person each way (plus $5 tip). They called us when we landed and meet us when we got outside. On the return from the port, again meet us within 3 minutes of exiting customs. Highly recommend.

I have stayed in FLL hotel (Marriott) and also stayed at Marriot Bayside in Miami.

You don't have to pay dearly for the transportation to Miami. You don't say how many of you there are, but for $18pp you can get a shuttle right outside of the baggage claim in FLL and will take you to hotel in Miami. And on the way back we get a taxi for $65.

You could do the car rental which is a pain in my book because you have to return the car.

Or you could do the above shuttle down and cruise line transfer back which would be $30 per person.

Even if you fly to Miami it will be a $26 taxi ride to the port.

Sue, has it been awhile since you've done this. Rates have gone up. Shuttle to Mia hotel from Ft Lauderdale is $21 now (maybe higher because of where I went?) Wasn't SAS. Taxi is $80. Town Car is $70 plus tip.

Coming back we used a shuttle service for $20. Can't remember the name, but they're all over the place at the port looking for passengers. They use big white vans

Sue, has it been awhile since you've done this. Rates have gone up. Shuttle to Mia hotel from Ft Lauderdale is $21 now (maybe higher because of where I went?) Wasn't SAS. Taxi is $80. Town Car is $70 plus tip.

Coming back we used a shuttle service for $20. Can't remember the name, but they're all over the place at the port looking for passengers. They use big white vans

Last year, I guess they went up, thanks for the info.

the shuttle service will only work if i am not staying in a hotel the night before though...correct?

the private shuttle will take you to the port or to a hotel. If you are talking about the cruise line shuttle then yes it is day of cruise only.

You can reserve a shuttle ahead of time from FLL to the cruise ship. Easy enough to Google. We've reserved one for the three of us in November to take us from the Liberty of Seas in Miami to the Emerald Princess in Fort Lauderdale (jumping ships). We debated about a one-way car rental and decided it was just too much trouble, considering the price of the shuttle.

when we cruised on Liberty of the Seas we flew into FLL for the same reason...we were able to save $250 on the flight and the cost of the shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise was definatly worth it. Its an easy drive down and doesnt take long. We used floridalimo.com to book ours

Fly into FLL and take the Supper Shuttle. I did that 3 years ago and it was well worth it. I stayed at a hotel near the Bayside Shopping Center. From the hotel to the cruise ship was a 5 min cab ride. Flying into FLL will be way cheaper in the long run. Enjoy you cruise Larry

Booked floridalimo a few years ago to get us from FLL to MIA the night before the cruise. They never showed up. We had a CF#, tried calling, and never got a response. We arrived in FLL about 6 pm EST. We had gotten rave reviews from them (CC), but NEVER even saw them or heard from them. We were tired, so the three of us paid total $56.00 for a taxi to our hotel in MIA. It was worth it! floridalimo?? NEVER again! Fortunately, we didn't pay them up front.

Archived