Just got on the equinox! Checking in-hotel-etc

PrincessCarolyn

Hi everyone! We stayed at Hilton fort lauderdale marina which is very close AND has gorgeous views- we could even see the ship from from the Hilton. Anyway wanted to let you all know that boarding in this new state if the art terminal IS fantastic!!!

At the hotel the staff told us at 10:30 not to bother going over to the pier but we did anyway because we had nothing to do... Shuttle was $12 and took 5 minutes. Check in was so efficient. There's a TON of staff directing you to where you need to be. It took UNDER ten minutes and we were in the ship and up on deck 14 in the ocenaview cafe.

I can access email and texts today if anyone has questions: 203 297 3900 TEXTS ONLY or email address below :)

Carolyn

Have a wonderful cruise. I can feel your excitement from here.

I will patiently be waiting anything you may have to say about your cruise and the ports as we will be on the same one in February.

Take care of that ship for the rest of us. :p

Have fun! We are sailing on her Dec. 4th. Look forward to hearing your feedback. Silly question but----can you let me know the brand of shampoo and conditioner provided, also the hair dryer. Can't decide if i should bring my own!!! Happy Sailing!!

Hi everyone! We stayed at Hilton fort lauderdale marina which is very close AND has gorgeous views- we could even see the ship from from the Hilton. Anyway wanted to let you all know that boarding in this new state if the art terminal IS fantastic!!!

At the hotel the staff told us at 10:30 not to bother going over to the pier but we did anyway because we had nothing to do... Shuttle was $12 and took 5 minutes. Check in was so efficient. There's a TON of staff directing you to where you need to be. It took UNDER ten minutes and we were in the ship and up on deck 14 in the ocenaview cafe.

I can access email and texts today if anyone has questions: 203 297 3900 TEXTS ONLY or email address below :)

Carolyn

Just got off the Equinox a few hours ago. The ship was fantastic and the crew was quite friendly; however, the food was terrible (the worst I have had on any cruise ship). I will make a few suggestions:

BLU (for AquaClass guests only, though Suite guests are allowed based on availability)

Do not have the airline chicken breast, for it does not taste good and it tends to be oversalted. The beef choices are not great, but acceptable. Service is attentive, but very, very slow.

ROOM SERVICE

Pizza is horrible... Celestes (the type you buy in the frozen products section at Publix) would taste better! Avoid the apple pie and the cheesesake, which were awful as well. On the positive side, the club sandwich was consistently good.

I just got off EQUINOX too...4 nighter. My food was very good:D

I had Chateabriand in the Main Dining room...cooked as ordered and very tender.:)

Last night I had Veal Shank....tender..falling off the bone...was

also delicious.

Food in Aqua Spa Cafe was wonderful too.

Food is so subjective. I enjoyed all my dinners:)

Fl, sorry your food was so bad.

Just got off the Equinox a few hours ago. The ship was fantastic and the crew was quite friendly; however, the food was terrible (the worst I have had on any cruise ship). I will make a few suggestions:

BLU (for AquaClass guests only, though Suite guests are allowed based on availability)

Do not have the airline chicken breast, for it does not taste good and it tends to be oversalted. The beef choices are not great, but acceptable. Service is attentive, but very, very slow.

ROOM SERVICE

Pizza is horrible... Celestes (the type you buy in the frozen products section at Publix) would taste better! Avoid the apple pie and the cheesesake, which were awful as well. On the positive side, the club sandwich was consistently good.

Airline Chicken wasn't to your liking? The name should have given it away. :eek:

We had great food on Solstice. Will be back on her a week from today, bringing her back across the pond.

Carolyn, enjoy your cruise.

Airline Chicken wasn't to your liking? The name should have given it away. :eek:

We had great food on Solstice. Will be back on her a week from today, bringing her back across the pond.

Carolyn, enjoy your cruise.

Incorrect. Chicken can be outstanding, regardless of class-of-service, on quality airlines, e.g. Singapore and Emirates. Bottom line, =X= is not a budget cruise line like Carnival (or the equivalent of a low-cost air carrier such as Spirit); thus, I was expecting better.

ROOM SERVICE

Food is subjective, did not have the chicken in Blu but everything I had in Blu was excellent, pizza was not as you would have from a pizzeria but it certainly was not awful. I had nothing that was awful all week....I had the Strip Steak in Blu and it was excellent...

Food is subjective, did not have the chicken in Blu but everything I had in Blu was excellent, pizza was not as you would have from a pizzeria but it certainly was not awful. I had nothing that was awful all week....I had the Strip Steak in Blu and it was excellent...

Hi Don:D:):D...I got an earlier flight home:) got home about 1:00.

It was so great to meet you both!:)

Ok Ive only eaten in the buffet aka oceanview cafe and while there is quite a variety of food (AND YES LEMONADE!) the food isn't that great :(. Definitely edible but.... Other than that so far the service is great! Everyone wants to help you all the time. I don't think the prices are bad either. I just purchased AA batteries for camera and they were $4

AS FOR THE BLOWDRYER-celebs website says salon quality dryer but it's not. Thankfully I brought my own. It's a small old school hotel dryer. I need something better for my blowout :)

hope that helps I'll check in frequently as long as my phone has service!

I'm trying not to fall on the floor from laughing my a** off but to plainly call the food on any ship "terrible" is just looking to create controversy.

I'm guessinmg 99.9% of the crusing population is just oblivious to this terrible food. These critics need to take a tour of the galleys & the ship's stores.

Happy Crusing to all.

BaDH

Ok Ive only eaten in the buffet aka oceanview cafe and while there is quite a variety of food (AND YES LEMONADE!) the food isn't that great :(. Definitely edible but.... Other than that so far the service is great! Everyone wants to help you all the time. I don't think the prices are bad either. I just purchased AA batteries for camera and they were $4

AS FOR THE BLOWDRYER-celebs website says salon quality dryer but it's not. Thankfully I brought my own. It's a small old school hotel dryer. I need something better for my blowout :)

hope that helps I'll check in frequently as long as my phone has service!

The lemonade on the Oceanview Cafe was the best! ;)

Did they provide the disposable slippers in AQ?

Thank you.

On my 11/19-11/23 cruise, they provided lots of amenities in AQ. These included:

One small (white) =X= tote bag with a few Spa products inside

A medium (navy blue) =X= bag to carry items such as towels

One large (dark blue) =X= bag with leather straps and a small detachable pouch

One small leather room key holder

Two pairs of slippers

Two Frette bathrobes

Two umbrellas (one small and one large)

Personalized stationary (i.e., room #-AquaClass and your full name)

Also, to confirm something that other people had asked about, at Port Everglades, there are numerous Priority check-in lines divided by class & organized in the following order:

Penthouse & Suites

AquaClass

ConciergeClass

Select/Elite

On my 11/19-11/23 cruise, they provided lots of amenities in AQ. These included:

One small (white) =X= tote bag with a few Spa products inside

A medium (navy blue) =X= bag to carry items such as towels

One large (dark blue) =X= bag with leather straps and a small detachable pouch

One small leather room key holder

Two pairs of slippers

Two Frette bathrobes

Two umbrellas (one small and one large)

Personalized stationary (i.e., room #-AquaClass and your full name)

With the exception of the small X tote containing some spa products, the amenities you list are identical to those we've received in Concierge Class where binoculars, fresh fruit and fresh flowers in cabin and bath were also provided.

Incorrect. Chicken can be outstanding, regardless of class-of-service, on quality airlines, e.g. Singapore and Emirates. Bottom line, =X= is not a budget cruise line like Carnival (or the equivalent of a low-cost air carrier such as Spirit); thus, I was expecting better.

Even a "budget cruise line like Carnival" can have excellent food. The food on our September Carnival Legend was the best cruise food we have had in over 50 cruises. The Supper Club even exceeded our expectations. Much better than our last 2 trips on the Century. In fact, on our European repositoning cruise last Summer, the food and service was so poor in the MDR, we stopped going after the 3rd night.

With the exception of the small X tote containing some spa products, the amenities you list are identical to those we've received in Concierge Class where binoculars, fresh fruit and fresh flowers in cabin and bath were also provided.

AQ Class gets all that too. on Solstice i do not remember the little white tote but had all the products lined up in the bathroom.

Ummmm....I have to agree. "Terrible food" and "Celebrity" does appear to be an oxymoron from what I have seen in past cruises. However... I will be on board in three weeks and will make my own mind up.

I'm with you -- I'm going back next week to check it out, just to be sure it's still good. :)

Archived