FLL hotel with shuttles from airport/to pier

watergal

I know this has probably been asked a gazillion times so please don't flame me - I'm in holiday mode and can't get onboard scarred and bruised :o- so can someone/anyone recommend a hotel that will pick up at the FLL airport and next morning deliver to pier? Close to restaurants, Publix, etc.?

I've read about Hyatt on 17th?, La Quinta, etc., what's the overall opinion?

Thanks for humoring me!

Cabs are cheap and plentiful at FLL airport and Port Everglades is close to many hotels. I tend to pick the hotel I like based on price/amenities/location and do not worry about free shuttles from airport to hotel and hotel to port - I hate waiting for shuttle and trying to get everyone who is waiting loaded with luggage so am happy to pay the < $20 it has been to take taxis just with me and my luggage from airport to hotel and hotel to port.

We have enjoyed nice pre-cruise stays at Courtyard FLL Beach, Sheraton Yankee Clipper (currently closed while being renovated) and Westin FLL Beach - none of offer shuttle service but are good pre-cruise choices in FLL....

just a thought.

I know this has probably been asked a gazillion times so please don't flame me - I'm in holiday mode and can't get onboard scarred and bruised :o- so can someone/anyone recommend a hotel that will pick up at the FLL airport and next morning deliver to pier? Close to restaurants, Publix, etc.?

I've read about Hyatt on 17th?, La Quinta, etc., what's the overall opinion?

Thanks for humoring me!

We have stayed at both Hyatt Place (when it was Amerisuites) and LaQuinta. Both have shuttle from airport and to cruiseport. Hyatt is a little more convenient to restaurants and Publix. LaQuinta has some near by but a little more of a walk.

We are staying at Hyatt Place for our next cruise!

I used travelocity to search for hotels with a shuttle. I found 18 in the area and then I read the description to see if they have a shuttle to the port. One I came up with was Comfort Inn Airport/port

Pineview, I think you'll find that the general concensus is that it isn't a good idea to make your hotel choice based on whether or not a hotel has a shuttle.

Many really bad hotels in poor locations have shuttles because they cannot get travelers any other way. Why these hotels have decent reveiws (Ramada Inn, Days Inns, Roadway Inns) is beyond me. Some in really bad locations house drug dealers and prostitutes and crimes happen often.

Some poster will always come along to sing the praises of these dismal motels that will just fuel the OPs reasoning for staying there.

So the OP will take the advice of someone who has spent who has spent eight hours in the location over the advice of locals and frequent visitors to the area.

We NEVER hear back from the OP whom we tried to talk out of the motel.

Good luck with your Comfort Inn stay. I have no knowledge of this hotel but I do recommend you search this CC forum because we have some very savvy local posters on this board who are quite active.

• 2 years later...

We have stayed at two hotels with free shuttles and the next trip in Jan. won't be free. We are taking a taxi. I also hate waiting for the shuttles. We got off the cruise the last trip and gave up and just took a taxi.

And I have to agree stay away from Rodeway hotel. I stayed there and never

again. I went on priceline and got Westin hotel for $142. for Jan. This is a $400. a night hotel.

Archived