Question re Rum Runners

karensi

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've been doing alot of reading on the Rum Runners and haven't seen this question.

I know that alot of you use them (the Rum Runners) so I guess it's not really a problem at airport security, but I'm wondering, don't they get detected in the checked luggage as a container with liquids?

I'm thinking of buying one (or two) but started wondering about this.. I know they are pretty strict about how much liquids you can/can't have in your checked luggage, so how do you get the Rum Runners through?

TIA,

Karen

To my knowledge there is no restrictions on liquid in your checked luggage. It's your carry-on bags that have restrictions to a small amount of ounces. My checked luggage is always where I pack my liquids, toiletries, liquor bought in ports etc.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I've been doing alot of reading on the Rum Runners and haven't seen this question.

I know that alot of you use them (the Rum Runners) so I guess it's not really a problem at airport security, but I'm wondering, don't they get detected in the checked luggage as a container with liquids?

I'm thinking of buying one (or two) but started wondering about this.. I know they are pretty strict about how much liquids you can/can't have in your checked luggage, so how do you get the Rum Runners through?

TIA,

Karen

Karen,

I think you have it switched around.

The Carry-On requirements would not allow filled rum runners in your carry on/hand luggage. You could bring them on empty though, and purchase whatever you are going to purchase and fill them in your port before you get onto the ship.

You are not limited in what you put into your Checked luggage, other than what the airlines already restrict, which you can see on their websites.

You are certainly limited on weight of the bags, which you should factor into your checked luggage planning. I put my suitcases on a regular bathroom scale before I go to the airport to avoid any surprises.

When they go through security at the port, are you saying that they cannot be dected as having liquid? Even if the liquid is not seen, wouldn't the bottle cap give away the fact that there was a container with liquid in the bag?

We have something similar to rumrunners that we would like to try, but I am a little worried that it could still be detected. Any additional input would be much appreciated.

When they go through security at the port, are you saying that they cannot be dected as having liquid? Even if the liquid is not seen, wouldn't the bottle cap give away the fact that there was a container with liquid in the bag?

We have something similar to rumrunners that we would like to try, but I am a little worried that it could still be detected. Any additional input would be much appreciated.

Rum runners are not a guarentee that your booze will get to your cabin, but its the best way to take the chance. They kind of mold to your belongings in your suit case and are not detected as a booze bottle would be.

Take a look at this:

http://www.shotpakinc.com/index2.html

Security at the port isn't really looking for booze---they're looking for dangerous things...weapons, bombs, etc.....folks bring all KINDS of liquids--big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, lotions, creams.....

Unless you're cruising during spring break, when alot of underagers will be trying to smuggle, you'll be ok.

and, don't pack too neatly---they are looking through LAYERS of junk that folks pack...things aren't as clear as you might think!

Thank you, as a PP said, I guess I got mixed up between what you can carry on and what you can check through in your luggage.

So I guess I would really mostly need to be concerned about cruise security detecting the concealed Rum Runners.

Worth a try I think ;)

Karen

Just returned from Mariner on 12/21/09. Flew in from Atlanta with rumrunners in my checked bag as well as my carry on bag. Thought maybe it was just ATL screeners weren't paying attention but on the way home, unbelievable as it sounds, I had leftovers, and they went thru LA screeners in carry on bag again. Needless to say they made it onboard!! Had both dark and clear liquids.

Archived