Lunch in Blu on Joining Day

derekthesailor

Can anyone tell me if Blu will be open for lunch on joining day for Aquaclass stateroom guests, Eclipse from Southampton, or are the only venues open the buffet and Bistro on 5.

Blu is only open for Breakfast and Dinner. You'll enjoy lunch at the Oceanview Cafe Buffet upon embarkation. The selections and quality are exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Bistro on 5 may be your best bet if you want to avoid the crowds in the OceanView Cafe on embarkation day. Someone on our cruise did that and they said it was the best $5 they ever spent - they had the Bistro almost to themselves while everyone else was looking for an available table in the buffet.

I think that Bistro on 5 may be your best bet if you want to avoid the crowds in the OceanView Cafe on embarkation day. Someone on our cruise did that and they said it was the best $5 they ever spent - they had the Bistro almost to themselves while everyone else was looking for an available table in the buffet.

Hi Rolfecms !

I agree. Its a great place to visit when other venues are busy, or for a late night snack. I've said for a long time, that Bistro on 5 is a great value, and one of the hidden jewels of the Solstice Class Ships. I realize that some are unhappy about the $5 surcharge, but I feel that it's a bargain. Once you try it, you will probably be going back for more.

I concur with the recommendation for Bistro on Five on embarkation day. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch with excellent service rather than fighting the buffet crowds. If you have luggage with you it is so much easier to sit and be waited on. There are some pics of our embarkation lunch in this album, if you're interested:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575706576qwbEek

I concur with the recommendation for Bistro on Five on embarkation day. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch with excellent service rather than fighting the buffet crowds. If you have luggage with you it is so much easier to sit and be waited on. There are some pics of our embarkation lunch in this album, if you're interested:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575706576qwbEek

Hi Sandi, great photos:D:):D

I must be the only one who didn't care for Bistro on 5 :( -- thought it was just ok. Wouldn't go back.

Loved their buffet and the selection. The way it's laid out, never had to wait in line or fight any crowds except to get ice cream. :)

What does Bistro on Five serve beyond crepes? We never even stopped by on the last Solstice cruise..This cruise I want to try all the things I missed first time around.

They also have panini sandwhiches, a soup of the day, and Caesar salad as well as some desserts (but I always stuck with the caramel crepe for dessert). I had two excellent meals at the Bistro and plan to go a couple of times again next cruise.

Loved their buffet and the selection. The way it's laid out, never had to wait in line or fight any crowds except to get ice cream.

I agree with you as far as the crowds in the OceanView Cafe go except for embarkation day at noon for us, which is when everyone who had boarded wanted to eat. In addition they told everyone the cabins wouldn't be ready until 1:30 pm so it was natural that most would head to the buffet. It was quite challenging for us to find a table because there were many more people than was normally the case at lunchtime.

The general perception is that the S-class ships normally don't feel crowded so this initial experience could be somewhat offputting for newcomers who might have different expectations. I know next time we'll head for the Bistro or AquaSpa Cafe.

Archived