SNOW! in the Northeast Tomorrow! BLIZZARD!

MrPete

Anyone flying to a Carnival ship? AT least no one will be flying in to catch one up here in NY. But some that are returning....... :eek:

Shhhh, Pete. You're activating my native Philadelphian instinct to go stock up on gallons of milk and loaves of bread. Time to hunker down and watch the SEPTA bus try to get up the hill on City Line Avenue in front of Channel 6's studio.

Shhhh, Pete. You're activating my native Philadelphian instinct to go stock up on gallons of milk and loaves of bread. Time to hunker down and watch the SEPTA bus try to get up the hill on City Line Avenue in front of Channel 6's studio.

Having worked IN a supermarket in the late 70's/early 80's, I used to DREAD days like these.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALL THE REGISTERS AREN'T OPEN?"

Having worked IN a supermarket in the late 70's/early 80's, I used to DREAD days like these.

Yeah, well my sister and I just got into a massive fight over who was braving the supermarket tonight as we're totally bereft of food. I don't understand why she can't just live on booze.

(And we're right on the coast and looking at a foot of snow.)

Oh my they still do it. The markets are crazy even with a forecast of 2 inches. And we haven't had a supermarket close for snow in about 20 years.

I had to go to Wal-Mart this morning to get some last minute things for our cruise (we leave for vaca on Weds!) and it was crazytown!

It'll be fun for us because we are supposed to get a few inches (some areas are expecting up to a foot!) so over the course of a few days we'll be going from a snowstorm to gorgeous weather on our cruise (I HOPE!)

Though we aren't cruising this weekend, we leave Wed. for Nassau - Bahamas, (not Nassau County, where we live- we are expecting 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow!) As long as the white stuff is out of here and we can take off on Wed., life is good!

Well, the cruise doesn't leave until Monday, but we're supposed to fly out of Providence, RI at 6:30 Sunday morning. Supposed to meet aunt and uncle in Jacksonville and then go to ship on Monday. Supposed to start snowing Saturday night into Sunday :eek:. I guess we'll see....:rolleyes:

Well, the cruise doesn't leave until Monday, but we're supposed to fly out of Providence, RI at 6:30 Sunday morning. Supposed to meet aunt and uncle in Jacksonville and then go to ship on Monday. Supposed to start snowing Saturday night into Sunday :eek:. I guess we'll see....:rolleyes:

If worst comes to worst, and you have the stomach for it, you could pull the straight-shot drive down 95 to Jax. Granted, you'd be driving *through* the weather ...

You were smart to plan your flight a day early!

Hopefully since you are on an early morning departure you will leave on-time.

Travel well!

Greetings from the "Sunny South". I am sitting at my window watching heavy snow and blowing winds here in South Carolina. It sure is pretty to watch but Thank God it only happens a few time a year.Travel safely everyone.

No kidding??? I am in the lowcountry and tons of rain haven't seen snow since I moved here :D Are you past Greenville right at the mountains?

The forecast for us is either under an inch or over a foot :eek:

I had to pick up groceries because the college boys and all their friends arrived and consumed everything I bought Wednesday. The supermarket was a madhouse but lucky for me they were doing a wine tasting :p

I am in the Charlotte NC area. I started off my morning watching the weather as most everyone else is doing at the moment. Well it was dry until about 10am. It started to sleet, but the ground is not very cold so it melted. However we are supposed to see snow later on. The mountains are getting it now. The winds picked up this afternoon. The temps are around 33-35. Its been raining some and sleeting some too. Anyone traveling....be safe.

I feel sorry for those cruisers leaving on the Pride out of Baltimore on Sunday. The forecast is for 12+ inches so far. Getting into Baltimore on Saturday and Sunday morning will be a nightmare.

Those returning on the Pride will also have fun. They will be headed towards Cape Hatteras as the storm is intensifying. When they get off, some will have to dig out their vehicles from a foot or more of snow.:eek:

No kidding??? I am in the lowcountry and tons of rain haven't seen snow since I moved here :D Are you past Greenville right at the mountains?

We live right off I-26 on Hwy 11 (Cherokee Foothills Scenic Hwy). We probably have 3 inches on the ground and it contiues to snow.Up the mountain, Asheville,NC is expecting one foot of snow.

We were in Charleston last weekend (rainy then too) to see a few plays for our Christmas trip.We love Charleston and try to visit 2-3 times a year--just a 3 hour drive straight down I-26---the first stop light I hit is on Meeting Street.

Archived