Full Ship Or Not

missymatt

I have been reading the posts and it seems a bit confusing regarding how full the Oasis will be in the next couple of months. I have read they are full for January, then I have read they are keeping it around 4,000 until March or so to work out bugs and kinks. How do people know this and who should I believe? I would love to have a ship of 4,000 for January 23 but is it too good to be true? Any info would be nice. Thanks

I have been reading the posts and it seems a bit confusing regarding how full the Oasis will be in the next couple of months. I have read they are full for January, then I have read they are keeping it around 4,000 until March or so to work out bugs and kinks. How do people know this and who should I believe? I would love to have a ship of 4,000 for January 23 but is it too good to be true? Any info would be nice. Thanks

Check my other posts on this as they are very detailed. But in brief, starting January 2 Oasis will be going out full or very close to it. Before that -- well they have LOTS of cabins available for tomorrow's sailing but did not want to reduce pricing to fill the December sailings. Starting Jan 2, they don't have to.

Or maybe they can't fill it.

jj.......

Oh, but they can. After January, the ship will be sailing almost full .... Our sailing on Jan. 16 is practically sold out, only a few cabins in a few categories available.

On our roll call, we've been getting new people every day. So even with sky-high prices, people have decided they just WANT to sail Oasis.

Oh, but they can. After January, the ship will be sailing almost full .... Our sailing on Jan. 16 is practically sold out, only a few cabins in a few categories available.

On our roll call, we've been getting new people every day. So even with sky-high prices, people have decided they just WANT to sail Oasis.

Balconies for our Easter week cruise that we booked for a little over $1600 when they first came out are now over $1900. So guessing the ship is filling up pretty fast. Not expecting any price breaks on this one. Cannot wait to go and see what she is all about.

Check my other posts on this as they are very detailed. But in brief, starting January 2 Oasis will be going out full or very close to it. Before that -- well they have LOTS of cabins available for tomorrow's sailing but did not want to reduce pricing to fill the December sailings. Starting Jan 2, they don't have to.

Or on January 2nd have they met their quota? I find it hard to believe that they have had rooms available while trying to hit 4,000 but then once they open it up to 6,000 people they suddenly sold out. January 2nd was closely priced to the first two 7 night sailings.

FYI, as of today, the Jan 2 sailing has some unknown quantity of GTY insides, 17 ocean views, 6 ocean balconies, 12 cp/bw balconies, 1 jr suite and 1 crown loft suite available.

Of course, we have no way of telling if RC is keeping a portion of the rooms out of the system in order to manage the population.

Availability changes dramatically for the Jan 23rd sailing. One day there is nothing open and the next day there are tons of rooms in all categories, but very high price points. I would guess they are still holding back and testing the waters with pricing.

Availability changes dramatically for the Jan 23rd sailing. One day there is nothing open and the next day there are tons of rooms in all categories, but very high price points. I would guess they are still holding back and testing the waters with pricing.

That's the kind of fluctuation I've been seeing for January 2nd. That is why I think they have limited the number of bookings and hit that quota. Now they are testing to add some extra.

That's the kind of fluctuation I've been seeing for January 2nd. That is why I think they have limited the number of bookings and hit that quota. Now they are testing to add some extra.

We are sailing Jan 23rd and we are kinda hoping they dont sail with a full ship.

The 12/12 cruise sailed with 4,789 pax aboard.

It wasn't until I saw all the luggage and people in customs at debarkation that I noticed there were that many people! I think even full or close to full, people will be so dispersed that you won't notice it much. If overcrowding is your concern, I wouldn't worry too much.

I sailed Oasis Dec. 1st. Besides having the fortune of sailing such a marvelous ship, I also had the fortune to befriend a couple of vacationing RCI land-based employees. In the course of of our many ship-related discussions, I learned that through March 31, 2010 Oasis will book no more than 4200-4400 pax, in view of the anticipated problems to be expected on any new vessel. There were many small problems in evidence. Your comments on their pax (pre-disembarkation) survey questionnaire will be helpful. RCI employees onboard noticed--in some instances---different issues/irregularities as well and will communicate these to their respective RCI personnel upon their disembarkation. RCI learns from your comments.

I biggest issue I have is RCI's need to update asap their Oasis/Allure brochure which is laden with misinformation and pics that misrepresent this ship's reality. I'm sure that is scheduled to happen soon, now that she's afloat! :D

Well according to a post above, there was 4800 on a recent cruise. RCI announced that they were going to hold back for a few cruises but no way do I see them only sailing with a limited amount of passengers until March. They have to pay for this ship and her sister. If the crew can't work out the issues after four or five cruises then they have some serious issues to deal with.

I sailed Oasis Dec. 1st. Besides having the fortune of sailing such a marvelous ship, I also had the fortune to befriend a couple of vacationing RCI land-based employees. In the course of of our many ship-related discussions, I learned that through March 31, 2010 Oasis will book no more than 4200-4400 pax

Why is it that you persist in spreading this misinformation? You posted this 4400 max theory on another thread and I called my inside RCCL source who told me on December 10 there were 2648 cabins PAID in full for the January 2 sailing which clearly cannot yield only 4400 passengers. You had no comment when I posted this on that thread and now here you are again. Why is it that you wish to continue to mislead people? The ship has many empty cabins through December 26 sailing. After that, not. I own an agency and have access to real information. People read your posts who do business with me and then call me asking for upgrades because they read that "the ship is empty."

Well according to a post above, there was 4800 on a recent cruise. RCI announced that they were going to hold back for a few cruises but no way do I see them only sailing with a limited amount of passengers until March. They have to pay for this ship and her sister. If the crew can't work out the issues after four or five cruises then they have some serious issues to deal with.

Well i never thought we'd agree on something lol

jj....

Why is it that you persist in spreading this misinformation? You posted this 4400 max theory on another thread and I called my inside RCCL source who told me on December 10 there were 2648 cabins PAID in full for the January 2 sailing which clearly cannot yield only 4400 passengers. You had no comment when I posted this on that thread and now here you are again. Why is it that you wish to continue to mislead people? The ship has many empty cabins through December 26 sailing. After that, not. I own an agency and have access to real information. People read your posts who do business with me and then call me asking for upgrades because they read that "the ship is empty."

Yep. Very few cabins left for our 1/16 cruise. I expect to see a pretty full ship. Again, no way that RCI allows this ship to only sail at 75% capacity for four months. Stockholders would have someone's head.

Yep. Very few cabins left for our 1/16 cruise. I expect to see a pretty full ship. Again, no way that RCI allows this ship to only sail at 75% capacity for four months. Stockholders would have someone's head.

Hi Gordon :)

Do you think that with 2 rescue vessels missing that may be part of the reason they wont/cant fill the ship?

If this is the reason, then I guess RCCL could then say it is 'out of their hands' when the stockholders ask questions.:confused:

It may be limiting things now but RCI was also holding back cabins. I can't see it will taking four months to get the two life boats back in action.

I had heard also they were/are holding back cabins.

But I wonder if in actual fact they just cant sell a lot of the cabins as folks just dont want to pay the high prices?...so by this "holding back story' is useful in a way for them...a get out if you like.

Then again perhaps they need to check that their plans onboard work...embarkation/disembarkation...crowd control...and maybe just maybe they do honestly want to be sure everything works correctly before they do have a full sailing. 4700 upset pax is bad enough but can you imagine a full ship getting angry etc :eek:

On the Dec 1st sailing when there was 4700 onboard and the A/C wasnt working and the stink from the sewage was on many decks and the Internet wasnt working properly and some TVs werent working etc etc..the queues at Guest Services were scary :eek: Actually some of the guests were scary...I thought a fight was going to break out on more than one occasion:eek:

Archived