"LIVE" from Celebrity Mercury / Jan 2, 2010

Radio

Radio ~ I love the shot going under the Chesepeake Bay Bridge. The softness from the light blurring adds to the "feel" of the shot. I also find it funny to see all the deck photos with no people.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this wonderful ship and your experiences with us. It's much appreciated.

Anne, if you have followed my "LIVE" Posts, you know I like to get pics of the ship with no people. . .;) Sometime a few passengers get in though:o :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone !

The Captain came on today at noon to give his daily noon comments, and he brought up why the ocean today looks like there is “steam” coming up from the surface. It has to do with the gulf stream, and the temps of the air vs. ocean temps. I have sailed through the Gulf Stream many times and have never had a chance to witnessed anything like this. . .It it very unusual. Hopefully you can tell from the pics. I will post a short video (hopefully before we get home)

Our Cruise Critic Connection Meeting was very nice, and our CD Lisa Richard was there to discuss how much she love being at the CC Connections get together. She is a bundle of energy (and a great singing voice!)

It was nice to put a face with all of the Screen Names of have chatted with that last several weeks. They really are a fun group !

I read a lot of discussion on Cruise Critic about the program guide, so here is the official Mercury Program Guide. . . (at least for this Sailing )

14 Mercury Channel Guide

15 Mercury Today

16 Shore Excursions

17 Travel Destination Network

18 Port and Shopping Guide

19 Weather Information

20 CNN

22 ESPN

23 TNT

24 Cartoon Network

25 Sea TV

26 Movie Channel

27 Celebrity International

28 Discovery Documentaries

30 CBS Eye on Celebrity

31 Classical and World Music

32 Easy Listening

33 Country

34 Pop

35 Jazz

We still have 226nm to go until we get to Charleston.

Here are a few pics from today. . .

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Navigator Lounge FWD Deck 12

B11.JPG

Lisa Richard (Mercury CD) at our Celebrity Connections Meeting

B5.JPG

The seas look unusually strange. . .

B8.JPG

It appears that steam is coming up from the seas. . .but the sea temps are in the 60’s (F)

B7.JPG

The seas appear rough, but it doesn’t feel very rough

B9.JPG

We are traveling right through the Gulf Stream

B6.JPG

Guest maddycat

Thanks for posting. I'm really enjoying your pictures. It's a great way to get to see a ship that I've never sailed on. Best wishes for smoother seas and warmer weather.

Yes Radio...thanks for this "live" posting. I just found out last night that a sister-in-law's mother is on this particular sailing. When I heard this, I wondered how she would appreciate the cold weather and rougher than normal seas on her departure from Baltimore. Once again thanks. Your updates are giving me some idea of what it's like onboard. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep the photos coming..thanks.:cool:

So glad I checked out this site because my son and his girlfriend are also on your cruise! If you meet a very young couple named Chad and Jen, tell them "Hi!" Jen hasn't been feeling too well today because of the ship rocking. It's still horribly windy! Do hope things will calm down soon! Hope you all have a great cruise!

Hi Radio,

Of course, I am thrilled at viewing your live from the mercury....

I am seriously considering the summit or millie for our next cruise. We have never been on Celebrity before.....we would be elite (thru rccl - diamond). Wondering what this might offer on some of the older ships?

Can't wait to see more pictures......

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your cruise and especially the pictures with us. We will be on the Mercury March 29 and you are making it seem so real for us.

We will also have an oceanview cabin on Deck 8 - do you have a picture of the window? Also, you had a picture from Deck 9 Aft, is there also a place Deck 8 Aft that you can look out over the ocean?

Thanks again - we look forward to reading about your wonderful adventures on board and on the islands!

Radio - thanks for your updates and the photos! As I mentioned before, we're sailing on the Mercury out of Charleston on Feb 15 and again out of Baltimore on Nov 29th. I've heard lots of wonderful things about the ship when we were on the Infinity. It sounds like the Mercury has a huge following. We look forward to seeing more photos and hearing more about her.

In one of your photos I saw Deltablue and Jeff. Tell them Lynn says hello. We sailed together in 2008.

Thanks again,

Lynn

Please give me a tip as to how you're uploading your photos onto this thread.

Hi Radio,

Of course, I am thrilled at viewing your live from the mercury....

I am seriously considering the summit or millie for our next cruise. We have never been on Celebrity before.....we would be elite (thru rccl - diamond). Wondering what this might offer on some of the older ships?

Can't wait to see more pictures......

Thanks.

Hi maggie:) I am going on Summit in 2 weeks:D...I would be glad to try and help with any questions. Are you asking about Elite Perks?

Radio....I do recall photos devoid of others but not the pool deck in the middle of the day with the sun shining bright. I LOVE the ocean photos. Very unique and cool shots. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! :)

Radio,

We will also be on this ship on Jan.23. I followed your Cruise 2 weeks before we went on The Freedom of the seas last year and what a treat it was to wake up everyday to something new. Keep the pictures and info coming for us all. Have a great Cruise.

What great photos, Radio. I hope we get to see the "steam" rising from the sea on the 1/23 sail.

ttunes and dopey, have you registered for the Celebrity Connections party? We only had 21 signed up this morning and we need at least 25.

Thanks again,Radio. Your reports from NCL Majesty added so much to our trip last year (including choice of cabin). It's really exciting to get a jump start on our upcoming trip.

What great photos, Radio. I hope we get to see the "steam" rising from the sea on the 1/23 sail.

ttunes and dopey, have you registered for the Celebrity Connections party? We only had 21 signed up this morning and we need at least 25.

Thanks again,Radio. Your reports from NCL Majesty added so much to our trip last year (including choice of cabin). It's really exciting to get a jump start on our upcoming trip.

Radio....I do recall photos devoid of others but not the pool deck in the middle of the day with the sun shining bright. I LOVE the ocean photos. Very unique and cool shots. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! :)

Thanks Anne:), You are right. . It is unusual not to see anyone on the pools decks ALL DAY ! :eek:

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Anne:), You are right. . It is unusual not to see anyone on the pools decks ALL DAY ! :eek:

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio this is such a generous and priceless thing you are doing, thank you.

Can you post a pic, or describe the room service menu? Thanks

Yes I will scan to RS menu when I return. Thanks for the nice comments:rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Radio this is such a generous and priceless thing you are doing, thank you.

Can you post a pic, or describe the room service menu? Thanks

Yes I will scan to RS menu when I return. Thanks for the nice comments:rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Thank you so much for your great reports and wonderful pics! I LOVE the ones of the steaming ocean from the Gulf Stream! I appreciate the time you are taking to report to us.

Radio,

Thank you so much for your great reports and wonderful pics! I LOVE the ones of the steaming ocean from the Gulf Stream! I appreciate the time you are taking to report to us.

Hello everyone. . . Today was a very relaxing day. I was able to explore many parts of this beautiful ship.

I was able to use the Aqua Spa Pool, went to the workout room (for a little bit. . .), and I was able to have some Sushi up on Deck 11. Wow, I loved it. . It was very good (note to the Chef: Add more avocado, and less cucumber)

I tried the Alternative Casual Dining tonight, up in the Palm Springs Café. It was very quiet, and the food was very good. This was not the buffet, but “order from the menu” dining. (Suggested Gratuity is $2pp)

I also visited the Captains Gala Welcome Toast, and Celebrity Showtime. The Captain is very proud of his crew, and he is very proud of this ship.

Tomorrow is Charleston, and my plan is to visit the City Market, go down to the Aquarium or Maritime Center (for a Harbor Tour or Ft Sumter tour). I will try to get to all 3, but it depends on the weather, and if I feel lazy or not~

We only have about 100nm to go, and our arrival time is scheduled for 8AM

Thanks for all of the nice comments!

Here are some pics from today. . .More pics tomorrow.

P.S. A note to Christina. . .Mindy and John say Hello ! They will call you tomorrow. .

Radio

Martini Bar

BB3.JPG

Rendez-Vous Square

BB2.JPG

Pavilion Nightclub

BB4.JPG

Celebrity On Line, and the Escalator that takes you from Deck 6 to Deck 7

BB9.JPG

Captain Frantzis introducing his Sr. Staff

BB7.JPG

Celebrity Showtime “And The Winner Is”

BB8.JPG

Hello everyone. . . Today was a very relaxing day. I was able to explore many parts of this beautiful ship.

I was able to use the Aqua Spa Pool, went to the workout room (for a little bit. . .), and I was able to have some Sushi up on Deck 11. Wow, I loved it. . It was very good (note to the Chef: Add more avocado, and less cucumber)

I tried the Alternative Casual Dining tonight, up in the Palm Springs Café. It was very quiet, and the food was very good. This was not the buffet, but “order from the menu” dining. (Suggested Gratuity is $2pp)

I also visited the Captains Gala Welcome Toast, and Celebrity Showtime. The Captain is very proud of his crew, and he is very proud of this ship.

Tomorrow is Charleston, and my plan is to visit the City Market, go down to the Aquarium or Maritime Center (for a Harbor Tour or Ft Sumter tour). I will try to get to all 3, but it depends on the weather, and if I feel lazy or not~

We only have about 100nm to go, and our arrival time is scheduled for 8AM

Thanks for all of the nice comments!

Here are some pics from today. . .More pics tomorrow.

P.S. A note to Christina. . .Mindy and John say Hello ! They will call you tomorrow. .

Radio

Martini Bar

BB3.JPG

Rendez-Vous Square

BB2.JPG

Pavilion Nightclub

BB4.JPG

Celebrity On Line, and the Escalator that takes you from Deck 6 to Deck 7

BB9.JPG

Captain Frantzis introducing his Sr. Staff

BB7.JPG

Celebrity Showtime “And The Winner Is”

BB8.JPG

Radio,

Thanks Joe :) I love to do this. I do this on EVERY Cruise !

Thanks for the nice comments :rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Archived