"LIVE" from Celebrity Mercury / Jan 2, 2010

Radio

Radio: You mentioned the scooters in Key West. Did you see a place to rent bicyles? Did the Key West Starbucks and/or Charleston Harris Teeter Starbucks have free wi-fi? We have the Starbucks gold card if that helps. Love your fantastic photos!

Hi Kathy. . . .Perhaps, there will be a time listed for the connections party, can I just show up? Will keep an eye on the roll call board. Annie

Annie: I just posted a response on our rollcall.

Kathy

Thanks for answering my question and for the great pictures and information. The pictures of Key West are beautiful!! We love KW!! Visited that port on our first cruise and went back the next year for an extended visit! You're so right about a few hours not being long enough! I'm really getting anxious to board the Mercury on Feb. 1!!! Thanks again!:)

I think my question got lost way up at the beginning of your trip. Could you (or another Mercury vet) tell us if the cabin has a VCR or a DVD player (looked like one of those in your cabin photo). Also, if a VCR is there a place to borrow tapes, like the library maybe?

Loving the pictures, getting more excited each day we inch closer to our first trip on Mercury.

Thanks!

It's a VCR player and there is a limited selection available at the service/purser's desk.

Yes, SNOW, in the forecast, starting after midnight - accumulation: 1 - 3" (not to worry about cars parked at the Port) - Yes, the Mayor resigned. Yes, the RAVENS play at 1P on Sunday (all, y'all will be home and sad your cruise experience is over). RADIO - feel like I need to make a $-contribution for this wonderful week, you have provided (luv vitual cruising w/RADIO!) A huge ThankYou! You are Amazing - can't figure out how you've posted, some of what you did - and the great links you've mentioned, are the gifts that will keep on giving. I'm ready to sail, again, on the MERCURY!

I think my question got lost way up at the beginning of your trip. Could you (or another Mercury vet) tell us if the cabin has a VCR or a DVD player (looked like one of those in your cabin photo). Also, if a VCR is there a place to borrow tapes, like the library maybe?

Loving the pictures, getting more excited each day we inch closer to our first trip on Mercury.

Thanks!

Yes, there is a VCR in my Cabin. There are DVD Players in the suites.

The Purser Desk provided me with a list (150)of VHS Movies available.

You would simply select the title, and get it from Guest relations. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio: You mentioned the scooters in Key West. Did you see a place to rent bicyles? Did the Key West Starbucks and/or Charleston Harris Teeter Starbucks have free wi-fi? We have the Starbucks gold card if that helps. Love your fantastic photos! >SNIP< Kathy

Thanks Kathy. . . There are lots of places to rent Scooters and Bicycles. . . At soon as you leave the port area, you will see dozens of vendors.

I just walked down Duval St and saw about 10 Rental places in just a few blocks.

Starbucks had free Wi Fi, but I didn't check to see if Harris Tweeter had it available.

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I woke up very early this morning. As I walked around the ship, I was speaking with one of the Officers Staff who suggested that we would have a warm sunny day today (75F) Wow ! This may be the warmest day yet. . .

We picked up the pilot at about 830AM, and pulled into the pier area by around 9AM. We were tied up by 930, and Lisa (CD) announced that since we don’t have very far to go tonight (Coco Cay) , that the Captain has us now leaving at 7PM (instead of 6PM)

Bahamas Celebration , and Carnival Pride are here with us today. I should be getting off soon. I am not sure what I will do yet, but am considering going over to the British Colonial Hilton for a day pass. I did this in Nov 2008 when I was here last.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Thanks for tuning in!

Radio

Early morning sunrise in the Bahamas

TH4.JPG

Early morning in the Navigator Lounge

TH8.JPG

We pick up the Pilot as we approach Nassau

TH12.JPG

We enter the harbor by the Lighthouse

TH14.JPG

I am sure I will be stopping here (Great for Free Wi Fi and some Coffee)

TH16.JPG

Carnival Pride prepares to turn around and back in next to us

TH21.JPG

here are a couple more pics from our arrival . . .

More pics later !

Radio

;);)

British Colonial Hilton (A short walk from the Pier)

TH17.JPG

Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island (beyond the Pier)

TH22.JPG

Radio,

Thank you so much for your wonderful travelog. We are sailing on the Mercury on March 19 and you have made this like going twice. Your photos are so good! Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Mercury to Alaska. We have sailed on her another time to Mexico, and this time we will be able to drive to Charleston. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and thanks again.

Vicki

Radio, loving your reports from the Mercury! Hope the weather continues to warm for you.

If you get a chance, could you provide the specifics (name & location) on the scooter rental? Sounds like a great way to get around--we walked our legs off last time we were there! I don't believe I saw any scooter rentals that were that reasonably priced.

Thanks!

Thanks HappyCruiser. . . ;)

I have the receipt and will post the name when I get back to the ship. . .

I paid only US35. for a 2 hour rental, and 8 hr rental would only be US10 more.

They also rented bicycles, and small electric cars

Radio

I stopped in the BC Hilton, and forgot to post this info this morning. . .

I was able to upload the "Steam Effect" Video when I was in Key West yesterday.

It is a short video (1:22), and can be viewed better when the HQ (High Quality) button is selected.

The Celebrity Mercury Gulf Stream "Steam" Video can be viewed HERE.

Radio

;);)

RADIO. OMG. Your video is great. I felt like I was right there with you and it looked cold. You have missed your calling. You are an excellent photo and video ographer. I hope you have a gret day today in Nassau and on Coco Cay. We remain loyal fans of your "LIVE" show.

What a great video! Thanks, Radio, for your posts and pictures. One little question---when will Captain Frantzis be leaving the ship. Wondering, if Frantzis leaves before mid-Feb. will the new Captain be Karamounas? Could you tell Juliana Patty and Ed say hello?

RADIO. OMG. Your video is great. I felt like I was right there with you and it looked cold. You have missed your calling. You are an excellent photo and video ographer. I hope you have a gret day today in Nassau and on Coco Cay. We remain loyal fans of your "LIVE" show.

Thanks for the kind words. . .;) There will be a New Celebrity Mercury Video when I return. It will include the Ship, Ports of Call, and the Gulf Stream "Steam" :o

My Next "LIVE" post will be from onbard Oasis of the Seas (It should be warmer in the Eastern Caribbean)

Radio

What a great video! Thanks, Radio, for your posts and pictures. One little question---when will Captain Frantzis be leaving the ship. Wondering, if Frantzis leaves before mid-Feb. will the new Captain be Karamounas? Could you tell Juliana Patty and Ed say hello?

He left the Ship when we were in Charleston, SC on Monday. I will find out who the new Captain is and post it.

Radio

;);)

He left the Ship when we were in Charleston, SC on Monday. I will find out who the new Captain is and post it.

Radio

;);)

Thnaks for the special effort Radio. We cruised on the Solstice Nov-Dec 09 and really got caught up reading all about the 'New Boy on the block'. We are now booked on the Millinnium in Sep 10 for a Wine Cruise, and then on the Mercury Nov 10 and this thread is getting us back into the groove of sailing on them. Loved the Solstice, but miss the special T-spas on Millie and Mercury. Just love the layout of the Mercury, Cova Cafe and can't wait, well me must but will.

Enjoying your posts.

Denny

Thanx to all who have asked Radio to check in on us. He seems to think we have a lot of friends.:rolleyes: We DO...and wish all of you were here to share this cruise with us. ;)As for the cruise, whatever Radio said.;) It is a frosty cruise and we've been plenty cold. Still looking for some place warm. TTFN:D
Hi Delta - I read that you are in one of the pictures; have to find out which one.

Hope you are well into warm weather by now.

I had a Mercury cruise booked when I had to transfer our Equinox T/W. I think we may actually go now ;). Other than the weather, this really sounds great.

Radio

;);)

Great video Radio...thanks for the great pictures also. Have you heard anything about the Staff Captain, Philippos (Philip) Dimoulas? When does he leave the ship..and will he be back on Mercury?

Radio, I can't believe how much effort you put into all this! It's great.

You had said that you were staying in Nassau an extra hour tonight. I watch a web site that shows positions of ships at sea. It shows, though, that you have moved south - away from Nassau. Is this correct or is my website not trustworthy?

Thanks.

I stopped in the BC Hilton, and forgot to post this info this morning. . .

I was able to upload the "Steam Effect" Video when I was in Key West yesterday.

It is a short video (1:22), and can be viewed better when the HQ (High Quality) button is selected.

The Celebrity Mercury Gulf Stream "Steam" Video can be viewed HERE.

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio, another BIG THANK YOU for your efforts. That video? OMG....

thought I was on the ship with you! (I wish)......

Are you in the Video field at home? So fantastic:D........

Whatever it is, he's got it...that's for sure! Another wow from me! ;)

WOW:D is right. I forgot to tell him I went to that beach area

at that Hilton a couple of years ago and it was lovely. Usually I stay

on the ship in Nassau but I went with another gal and her daughter

(her daughter was about 3;)) and we had a really nice time.:D

Her husband worked on the ship but he could not take time off that

day. She was a really nice gal and said she was happy to chat

with someone who was an adult;).

Radio, love those photos:D

Radio - Thank you for taking all of us on your cruise :). If not physically but in photos.

I cannot wait for you to take us on your next cruise on the Oasis in March.

Again thank you for all the photos and the video. I saw your video on the Carnival Victory and it took me back to our cruise on the Carnival Victory to Canada in 2008.

Archived