"LIVE" from Celebrity Mercury / Jan 2, 2010

Radio

Radio,

Your photography is stunning. You have a great artistic eye for the shots.

Did you walk along the trails to the other sides of CoCo Cay or did you stay near the main beach area? I'm curious as to how far of a walk it is along the walking trail & to the more remote beaches.Thanks,Bonnie

PS: Hope you enjoy dinner tonight.

Thanks Bonnie, I walked most of the way to the end, but decided to walk back. . . It is about a 1/2 mile (It seems like longer because you are walking in sand)

I had the Chiquita Chicken tonight (Kind of like Chicken Cordon Bleu, but Bananas are also added) It was recommended by my waiter, It was very good.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi again!

Radio ~ I see you've been to the Caribbean on HAL too. How does Halfmoon Cay compare to CoCo Cay in your opinion?

I'm going back on FOS, Eastern Caribbean in Nov & am looking forward to seeing CCC.

Are those curtained beach loungers free? I was surprised to see the Caylana sign is from Coke ~ is there some connection?

Glad you had a nice sunny, warm day & I'm loving your pictures!!

~Jo~:)

Hi Joe. . .Coco Cay has many sponsors (Coca Cola, Fischer Price etc. . .)

Half Moon Cay is much different than, Coco Cay. Coco Cay is more geared for families.

They are both nice. HMC offers a Sting Ray City, and Rental cabana's. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I felt safe at all times. . . The Atlantis is a World Class Resort. I would go there with no worries.(I have been there many times)

I walked around all day by myself. . . I tried to find a Segway, but none could be found. :eek:

Radio

;);)

Radio.........Thanks for the info.:D

Radio, Radio, Radio ....

WOW....I love the photo of Mercury where she looks like she is sitting on the edge of the beach....and then the photos of the trees....WOW!!!!

Can't wait to be on a ship again!!!!

THANK YOU !!!

I have so enjoyed your pictures and discription of the ports you have been to. I can't wait to check out your new updates each evening. We will be on the Mercury the end of October doing a similar trip as you. One question is it hard to get on the tender one of the persons going on our cruise has difficulty walking so I was wondering if the tender would be hard for her to do. Also, do they have the wheel chairs with the big wheels on Coco Cay? Thanks, again for all the information you have shared with us all.

I felt safe at all times. . . The Atlantis is a World Class Resort. I would go there with no worries.(I have been there many times)

I walked around all day by myself. . . I tried to find a Segway, but none could be found. :eek:

Radio

;);)

I agree. We've not been to Nassau on a cruise ship, but have been on our own boat.http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/191ffb/

You need tickets for the aquarium, http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/3a48c/#TLbut not just to walk around. We took a taxi to the end of the bridge and walked across the bridge. You get good views of the harbour that way. 701278-Harbor_looking_west_to_anchorage-Paradise_Island.jpg

Hello everyone. . . What a difference a day makes. . .

The weather today is a little different that yesterday. We have heavy rain, and dark skies. Yes, and is a little cold.

When I woke up today it was 45F, and that might have been the high for today. The seas are a little choppy, but bearable.

I guess you have to look on the bright side of things though. . . I would rather have rain on a sea day, than rain on a day at the beach !

Last night we had the Senior Officer’s Cocktail Party, and it seemed like all of the Officers were there.

I was able to meet Captain Konstantinos Patsoulas. He boarded Mercury when we were in Charleston, SC.

One of the managers suggested that the reason we left late from Nassau, was that passengers may have embarked in Nassau, and will be returning when Mercury comes to Nassau again. He suggested, that Mercury will never wait for crew or entertainers. . .

I met many of the Sr. Managers. It appears that the Sr. Staff and the crew really get along.

The service so far has been outstanding, and I would like to sail Mercury again, before she leaves Baltimore in 2011.

We had the Tropical Celebration up at the pool deck last night at 10:30PM (Yes, I was able to stay awake. . .)

The weather last night was perfect. It was warm, with a cool breeze.

The music was great, and there was a ton of food for passengers. The Cruise Staff, and the Mercury Dancers were there, and they were able to get all the passengers in the mood for dancing.

Today they will be having a Gala Brunch in the Manhattan Restaurant, and the waiters really advertised it as a must see event.

There are at ton of activities, and Lecture series events as well today. (I will scan and post all of the Celebrity Today guides when I return)

We are about 250nm east of Palm Coast , FL and are heading north. I am sure that it will get much colder than it is now. . .Brrrr. . ..

Here are a couple pics from last night. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Last night at the Captains Club Officer’s party

FP2.JPG

Preparing the Pool Deck for the Tropical Celebration.

(I asked if they got the Palms from Coco Cay ? And I was surprised that they loaded the Palms from Baltimore)

FP5.JPG

The Celebrity Dancers were very good !

FP9.JPG

The dancers really made the event. . .

FP8.JPG

They were also beautiful !

FP7.JPG

The band was very good as well. It was a nice event.

FP6.JPG

Here are a couple pics from this morning. . .

Radio

;);)

A cold and wet Saturday Morning

SA2.JPG

The Blankets are being placed for passengers

SA5.JPG

I predict that the dark skies and rain will end later today !

SA6.JPG

My wife and I are sailing on the Mercury 2/26 and just stumbled on to this site and your post. Your posts and insight are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

I have seen the sea steam that you saw only a few times when fishing off North Carolina. I usually see it in November when the first strong cold front comes down. Its a pretty cool sight to see!

Thanking you again,Radio,for the great photos Every evening I can't wait to see your posts

It's a few years that we last visited Coco Cay I wanted to see if the huts were still so colorful Thanks to you,I see they are

Pat

Radio you are wonderful for taking the time to post these beautiful pictures.

We leave out of Charleston on 3/29 and you have made it that much closer. We are a very large group of cruise critic friends and many family. Of course we consider ourselves all family now.

We're heading for the Caribbean but the pictures from Key West bring back wonderful memories. I've even put the picture of Mercury near Mallory Square on my screen saver!

Hope you adjust to the cold weather in Baltimore. Here in NJ it's about 19 with the wind chill so bundle up!!

Pat C

My wife and I are sailing on the Mercury 2/26 and just stumbled on to this site and your post. Your posts and insight are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

I have seen the sea steam that you saw only a few times when fishing off North Carolina. I usually see it in November when the first strong cold front comes down. Its a pretty cool sight to see!

I thought everybody over on the Roll Call site knew about Radio. Can you stand to wait another 6.7 weeks until we get to experience the wonderful Mercury? Thanks to Radio the wait has been eased a bit.

East Carolina---have you been on the Connections site for the 2/26 cruise? We are active over there.

Radio, thanks for the Captain's name. I was hoping it was going to be Karamounas. Om well. Aren't the officers on Mercury great? They are very visible. More so than any ship we have sailed.

I know it has been asked before but---are you going to have all your pictures availabe at one site. I checked your "albums" but there are only 4 Mercury pictures there. Your pictures are so beautiful I want to be able to see them (and copy them to my Memory Album) for our 2/26 cruise. Can I do that?

Radio,

Again, many thanks for this excellent thread and super excellent photos. I smile every time I read it - re-living my November sailing (and looking forward to my October sailing only 9 months away!). And I must agree with you - after 50+ Celebrity sailings I must say that the senior officers on my November 2009 were so very friendly and interacted with all passengers. They really all seemed like a happy "family", and their happiness spilled over to the entire crew.

Janice

Hello everyone. . . I was lucky enough today to be invited to a Navigation Bridge Tour. It was very interesting to hear the Captain, and especially the 1st Navigation Officer. She was very knowledgeable, and very proud to talk about her job. The Navigation Officer suggested that we may be able to witness the Gulf Stream “Steam” effect that we saw on the way down. The water and air conditions currently are favorable.

She was gracious enough to even allow me to take a couple of pics. (She thought it was great that I would be posting them today on Cruise Critic)

We are scheduled to approach near Norfolk, VA, at about 7-8PM tomorrow, and should be at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel by 9PM.

We are about 240nm east of St Simons Island, Georgia. We are moving at about 14kts. It is still cold outside with dark skies, but the rain has stopped. The Navigation Channel shows the temperature at 57F, but it feels like 37F. . . .

We are scheduled to cross paths with Carnival Pride very early Monday morning while she is heading south.(1-2AM) This of course depends on the departure time of Pride, and our transit up the Bay.

The Saturday Brunch was very good, and there was plenty of delicious choices of all types. No one will leave Mercury with an empty stomach. It seems that Celebrity has offering many of the favorite dishes from this voyage at the brunch.

Here are a few pics from today. . . When we arrive to Baltimore I will begin to load dozens of more photos (that have not been posted yet) to my Cruise Page.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The seas were pretty calm today. . .

SA15.JPG

Everyone was inside, keeping warm.

SA25.JPG

The Saturday Brunch seemed like a Midnight Buffet. . .

SA19.JPG

Looking “In” may Cabin Window on Deck 9

SA14.JPG

Looking over the Bow from inside the Navigation Bridge

SA16.JPG

Looking down the Port side from the Bridge wing. . .

SA17.JPG

Radio, let me add my thanks to the others - we've really enjoyed reading your updates and salivating over the photos while bundled up in Maryland. We're boarding Mercury on Monday for 12 glorious nights, and can't wait!

:D

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I wish I was staying on Mercury for another 12 nights ! :rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

We have really enjoyed your posts from the Mercury. It is very much appreciated. We are on a countdown until our back to back cruise on the Mercury on March 29th. She looks like a wonderful ship. It has been a very nice way to put in our waiting time enjoying your comments and pics. Again. Thank You. Hopefully someday we will cross paths at a Cruise Critic Meeting.

Don and Deb

Archived