2010 Is being kind to me already!

cjackso8

So, I'm bursting with excitement right now, and I thought you would all be the perfect people to tell!

I got engaged in November (he put a ring on it ;)) and my maid of honor and I went to a local bridal show. I entered a drawing to win $1000 worth of groceries and "other fabulous prizes"

I got a call yesterday informing me I had won the Grocery money:D but in order to collect (of course there's a catch) I had to sit through a presentation on chef world pots and pans.

Went tonight and was informed that just for showing up we would recieve a 3 day, 2 night stay at an all inclusive resort in the bahamas (ok, thanks) Stayed for the presentation, and wow was I impressed. anyone in the market for great cookwear should check them out! (Quick aside, Tephlon will be illegal in less than a year. A lawsuit for over 3M just settled)

soon to be DH and I don't need anything, therefore we didn't think a registry was necessary, until we fell in love with these pots and pans!

Guess what we got for purchasing???

A 5 NIGHT CARNIVAL CRUISE!!! :cool:

I'm sure someone will jump on me and say it's a scam, but i've got the vouchers for my two trips and my groceries, and my pots and pans should be waiting for me when I get back from the Glory! What a great day. :D

Happy weekend to everyone!

(Sorry for my rambling post!)

So, I'm bursting with excitement right now, and I thought you would all be the perfect people to tell!

I got engaged in November (he put a ring on it ;)) and my maid of honor and I went to a local bridal show. I entered a drawing to win $1000 worth of groceries and "other fabulous prizes"

I got a call yesterday informing me I had won the Grocery money:D but in order to collect (of course there's a catch) I had to sit through a presentation on chef world pots and pans.

Went tonight and was informed that just for showing up we would recieve a 3 day, 2 night stay at an all inclusive resort in the bahamas (ok, thanks) Stayed for the presentation, and wow was I impressed. anyone in the market for great cookwear should check them out! (Quick aside, Tephlon will be illegal in less than a year. A lawsuit for over 3M just settled)

soon to be DH and I don't need anything, therefore we didn't think a registry was necessary, until we fell in love with these pots and pans!

I'm sure someone will jump on me and say it's a scam, but i've got the vouchers for my two trips and my groceries, and my pots and pans should be waiting for me when I get back from the Glory! What a great day. :D

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Bon Voyage

I won't say the "S" word, vacations are a regular way to entice people to come to these presentations. One local car dealer was offering a free cruise with every car purchase.

Just make sure you read the fine print and understand exactly what fees, taxes or other "administrative" costs you are responsible for. Even if you don't end up with a free cruise, you will have one at a serious discount.

Congrats, and good luck with your future.

"Pots" illegal and "Pans" go under the bed....What you bought is called cookware......;);)

Well it certainly sounds like a scam to me but I'd have to know what the pots and pans were and how much they were to determine that. :) I bet you'll sit through a timeshare sales pitch on the bahamas deal.

But what really has me curious is why teflon would be illegal. Any insight into that?

Be really careful with that cruise deal. A friend's daughter was selling pots & pans as well (don't know if it was the same company but sounds similar) and we sat through her presentation. I got a similar certificate for a cruise. Checked into it - you had to send a deposit towards fees that were almost as much as booking the cruise on your own would have been. They don't allow you to pick dates - you have to give them a range and thay call and tell you what date is available within two months of sailing so you have to be flexible and ready to jump when they say go. I also did some checking on the company running the certificate program and found many, many complaints that once they had your money a cruise never materialized - there were never any dates available. As much as I love to cruise, I trashed the thing.

Congrats on the engagement! Don't want to burst your bubble but don't want to see you get burned, either.

(Quick aside, Tephlon will be illegal in less than a year. A lawsuit for over 3M just settled)

I just did a bunch of internet searches and cannot find anything to validate this claim. There were a bunch of lawsuits brought against Dupont over their Teflon product. These lawsuits were consolidated under one class action lawsuit that was dismissed back in May 09. Not saying there wasn't a lawsuit recently settled or that Teflon isn't going to be illegal in less than a year, but I consider myself to be pretty good at searching the internet and if this info is correct it's pretty well hidden. Hope the OP wasn't scammed like this to get her to buy into this cookware.

Does the OP have documentation for this "cruise", including a booking #. Without a paid in full cruise document that includes your booking #, you ain't going on a cruise. I'm willing to bet that you will have lots of hoops to jump thru to get on a ship. Relative to teflon becoming illegal anytime soon; uh, how do I put this gently? You have been scammed! It worked too, cuz 'ya bought the cookware; bet 'ya paid waaaay too much also. Don't feel too bady though, I once paid $1100 for a vacuum cleaner.

To everyone that is excited for me, Thank you.

To everyone else, Nobody is raining on my parade. ;)

I've been through the time share stuff before. This is not that. I've been given confirmation numbers, and told that we pick the dates, I've read fine print, all we pay is sales tax (because it's a gift, you have to pay Gift taxes)

As far as teflon becoming illegal, I did some research of my own. I have a feeling that it is more or less teflon as it is made now. There are parts of teflon that are going to be come illegal in cookware. The same part that has been known to kill birds, and scratches off into food.

As far as the cookware... it's the best stuff I've ever seen. Made from surgical grade metal, and has a 50 year warranty.

Either way, I'm still excited, and I don't care what fees I pay, I'm going on an at least deeply discounted cruise. :D

Much less than $3000 for 10 piece cookware, 10 piece bakeware, 2 skillets, 1 griddle, Kitchen utencils, Cookbook, and 50 year warrenty. But now we are registered for it, and it's the only thing we are registering for.

We looked at sets that had many fewer pieces with no waranty to speak of that were similar in price. Plus we walked away with all the extras (2 vacations and groceries) I'm pretty happy. :)

Thanks for the insider info on teflon......I got rid of mine last year!

And he put a ring on it?:D What?:D

Congrats and good luck!!!

Much less than $3000 for 10 piece cookware, 10 piece bakeware, 2 skillets, 1 griddle, Kitchen utencils, Cookbook, and 50 year warrenty. But now we are registered for it, and it's the only thing we are registering for.

We looked at sets that had many fewer pieces with no waranty to speak of that were similar in price. Plus we walked away with all the extras (2 vacations and groceries) I'm pretty happy. :)

less than $3000!!

Cookware and anything near $3000 will never happen in this house!!!!

Cruise and $3000

Tuition and $3000

Maybe..but forget cookware...and please don't tell me that all non teflon cookware is going to cost that much next year.....however some will pay it......crazy crazy world.

Archived