NCL cutback predictions for 2011

ben55124

The vanishing welcome bubbly, MDR cappuccino, and coffee makers are the known casualties of 2010. What are your predictions for 2011?

If NCL reads this, I hope it is too late for changes to my cruise on Saturday 1/16...

- Meals not included. Fee for buffet and MDRs

- All pools and hot tubs require spa pass

- Showers removed from interior rooms. Free hose downs available at ports.

- External ship cam tv channel fee for interior rooms

- Auto gratuity bumped to $50/person/day

- Processing fee for leaving ship at any port

- Clean sheets and towels only provided via $25 laundry bag service

- Admission fee for all shows

The vanishing welcome bubbly, MDR cappuccino, and coffee makers are the known casualties of 2010. What are your predictions for 2011?

If NCL reads this, I hope it is too late for changes to my cruise on Saturday 1/16...

- Meals not included. Fee for buffet and MDRs

- All pools and hot tubs require spa pass

- Showers removed from interior rooms. Free hose downs available at ports.

- External ship cam tv channel fee for interior rooms

- Auto gratuity bumped to $50/person/day

- Processing fee for leaving ship at any port

- Clean sheets and towels only provided via $25 laundry bag service

- Admission fee for all shows

I certainly hope you are trying to be funny, I am sure you are. And why are you even mentioning the coffee markers? No one has said they are being or have been removed? It may be true but it is just rumor at this time, started by one person who saw some being taken from a cabin on disembarkation day...If you say the cabin stewards remove a matress cover on the last day would you assume they were getting rid of all matress covers?

Nita

Perhaps a better list to solve the revenue gaps for 2011

1. $500 charge for those caught smuggling booze. Fine doubled if using run runners.

2. $500 charge for sharing a soda card.

3. Request to remove Service Charge $500 charge

4. Failure to spend $500pp onboard the shortfall will be charged to the account

:D

No more 24 hour free food; Blue Lagoon, etc. closed between 12 midnight and 6 AM. Plus a surcharge for room service during these hours.

All showers have a timer and coin slot; bring your quarters.

No more soap and shampoo dispensers; bring the samples from your pre-cruise hotel.

No more electric plug ins; bring plenty of batteries.

Refrigerators, bathrobes, and hair dryers removed from all cabins.

NCL will not purchase the promised bath curtains on the Epic. You will have to see your cabin mates in the au natural. :eek:

The lobster tails will be replaced by crawdads and the only fish available will be carp.

Chicken fried steak with mashed taters will be the chef special.

There will be no pool bands; just 80's disco cassettes played on a boom box.

You can not get off in a port without being on a NCL sponsored tour.

You must buy at least five copies of every photo taken of you by the ships photographers.

No power between 12 midnight and 6 AM; the ship will just drift with the waves overnight; so pack a flashlight.

Perhaps a better list to solve the revenue gaps for 2011

1. $500 charge for those caught smuggling booze. Fine doubled if using run runners.

2. $500 charge for sharing a soda card.

3. Request to remove Service Charge $500 charge

4. Failure to spend $500pp onboard the shortfall will be charged to the account

:D

Love it!!!!

This is a GREAT thread! Couldn't stop laughing. I loved the coin operated shower. and the country fried steak :D

That's nothing compared to the two lower decks being equipped with oar-locks in the portholes/windows with 8 hours of rowing per cabin being required.

Good news is that rowers won't have to pay for their bread and water.

I certainly hope you are trying to be funny, I am sure you are. And why are you even mentioning the coffee markers? No one has said they are being or have been removed? It may be true but it is just rumor at this time, started by one person who saw some being taken from a cabin on disembarkation day...If you say the cabin stewards remove a matress cover on the last day would you assume they were getting rid of all matress covers?

Nita

I read that yesterday, too, about the coffee makers being removed from the cabins on the one nighter since we were on that cruise and had a coffee pot.

So I sent an email off to F & B Dir. yesterday.

Confirmed that coffee makers in the cabins are gone:(

(I take it suites still have the special machines).

It wouldn't surprise me if the next change is some sort of charge for room service (I believe Royal does that for late night service).

There has been a change from one of the other posts. Fish will still be available. All guests will be required to fish for their dinner.

Each guest will be issued a "pocket fisherman" (at least Ron Popel will be making some money). Fishing hours will be posted in your room.

NCL WILL abide by the international treaties protecting dolphins and whales, any guest catching or harming them will be fined.

Remember to yell "Fish On" when you hook a fish so the crew can start the stove.

Those that fail to fish during assigned time will be put on fish cleaning duty. Those that fail to catch any APPROVED sealife will be your servers.

New Excursion possible: NCL is concidering water skiing during sea days. Any guest that goes down will be treated the same as missing the ship and will have to make their our arrangements to get back to port of departure. This excursion will be free to participates excluding this from the rules regarding NCL sponsored excursions, but spectators will be charged and required to purchase a bucket of beer.

I read that yesterday' date=' too, about the coffee makers being removed from the cabins on the one nighter since we were on that cruise and had a coffee pot.

(I take it suites still have the special machines).

It wouldn't surprise me if the next change is some sort of charge for room service (I believe Royal does that for late night service).[/quote']

Thanks Barb, now we have an answer instead of a could be, maybe, might be. Yes, RCI does charge for late night room service.

Nita

There has been a change from one of the other posts. Fish will still be available. All guests will be required to fish for their dinner.

Each guest will be issued a "pocket fisherman" (at least Ron Popel will be making some money). Fishing hours will be posted in your room.

NCL WILL abide by the international treaties protecting dolphins and whales, any guest catching or harming them will be fined.

Remember to yell "Fish On" when you hook a fish so the crew can start the stove.

Those that fail to fish during assigned time will be put on fish cleaning duty. Those that fail to catch any APPROVED sealife will be your servers.

New Excursion possible: NCL is concidering water skiing during sea days. Any guest that goes down will be treated the same as missing the ship and will have to make their our arrangements to get back to port of departure. This excursion will be free to participates excluding this from the rules regarding NCL sponsored excursions, but spectators will be charged and required to purchase a bucket of beer.

some of these are really funny, but is it getting a little silly, maybe?

The Water Skiing excursion idea has been picked up by a major TV network as a new reality show. This will increase the NCL revenue. New ideas are being concidered.

1) Guests requesting removal of DSC are now designated as skiers.

2) For a fee, guests can designate other guests as participants. So if you have a rude tablemate..donate...300 pound guy by the pool with a speedo...donate, you get the idea.

That is silly. I never used them but many did. Not sure this saves any money but it will let the room stewards finish quicker.

Think about it. Room service will be running silly in the morning bringing pots of coffee to those passenger that that first cup in the morning is important.

The web team will have months of work removing coffee & tea maker from every individual cabin description. Add to that the removal of every reference' date=' picture, or video of welcome aboard bubbly. In fact they should retake every cabin picture (or Photoshop) with no coffee maker.[/color']

I wonder what else we will find in these 1/1/2010 changes.

You will no longer be allowed to bring on-board luggage and there will be no linens in your cabin or on the dining room tables. You will only be allowed to bring on-board medically necessary supplies and one set of linens. If you want fresh clothes, bath supplies, makeup, etc. they will be available in the gift shop marked up 300% above retail.

Archived