The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Just got off the Carnival Dream. Within 5 minutes of getting my luggage I was being wisked away in a limo by Executive VIP. First time using them. Won't be the last

I really have a deep respect for Michael and Maureen - love their interacting with customers but I also have to add that spaceport also is pretty neat - thanks for sharing

Does anyone know the answer to my questions. (I also wanted to bump this valuable thread back to the first page.)

Hello Peg - want to apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but had a death in the family and between the loss and work, I have been so distracted - anyhow let me check on what you asked and I will get back to you ok?

Thanks for understanding:)

Edited by snelsonbrown

Is Joe still the manager of the Radisson?

Yep Joe is still the great GM and you can reach him by either email or phone - below is the information

JOE PANACKIA

GENERAL MANAGER

RADISSON RESORT AT THE PORT

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - BAUGHER HOSPITALITY GROUP

PH 321.868.6560

FX 321.868.0064

JPanackia@RadissonPort.com

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

HI Guys! Just made a one way reservation with Thrifty from MCO to Cape Canaveral (6799 N Atlantic Avenue) for 10/1/11. We are leaving on the Freedom on 10/2.

I am just confirming with the experts here that Thrify still runs the free shuttle from the Rental Location to the Port (with times that the shuttle is running)

Also, does anyone know what the earliest time for Pickup from the Port to the same rental location is on Sundays? Even with the one way drop fee that Thrifty has from Cape Canaveral to MCO, it still seems better then a car service....if the shuttle pickup time is early enough.

Thanks

Trom

Hello Trom,

Yes all the rental cars places here run the free shuttle but I do not know the earliest time for pickup

You can try to drop a note to Jesus from Thrifty and ask the questions you need answered

Good luck

jesus.quilesgarcia@dtag.com

I just arrived at my hotel. I rented a car at the Orlando airport.

The agent attempted to sell the toll pass. But thanks to this thread,I declined.

The toll fee was $1.50 and the car rental wanted $12.00.

If you are coming right from the hotel from the airport, just have the change.

I really love it when folks take the time to share with everyone their expertise advise to help others in making decisions - thanks so much airlink for sharing:) for it folks as yourself (and many others) that helps us be caring humans beings that care enough to help our fellowmen -

Edited by snelsonbrown

Yep Joe is still the great GM and you can reach him by either email or phone - below is the information

JOE PANACKIA

GENERAL MANAGER

RADISSON RESORT AT THE PORT

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - BAUGHER HOSPITALITY GROUP

PH 321.868.6560

FX 321.868.0064

JPanackia@RadissonPort.com

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss.

OK THIS IS SOMETHING I FEEL THE FAMILY WOULD ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Astronaut Autograph & Memorabilia Show which will be held for 2 days starting November 5th. The family will have the ability to dine with astronauts, space auctions and much more.

You can go to http://www.astronautscholarship.org for more information on the astronaut show link at the top of the columns

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello - wanted to share something that I feel you may find interesting and helpful

Cocoa Beach Taxi has an offer that is exceptionally great for you "PAY WHAT YOU WANT EVERYDAY" - every day the customer decides the fare anywhere between Cocoa Beach, Port Canaveral and Merritt Island - they have a maximum of 2 stops only.

Being that Norm and I paid close to $20.00 from the port to home (less than 3 miles) this is a great option - keep the fare reasonable, but the choice is yours

Cocoa Beach Taxi can be reached at 321-783-1299 and just tell them I told on them ok?

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Just found you guys!!!!!

Question: We will be cruising on the Dream in December. As of now I have a reservation at the Comfort Inn and Suites......free parking, free shuttle, cont breakfast....$99.00. To me this sounds like a super deal.....my only concern is the property. Although the reviews are very good this deal sounds too good to be true.......any thoughts on this place????

My granddaughter and her family stayed here a couple of years ago and they really had no complaints - Michael who is at the reservations desk is a super duper guy to work with - you are close to everything such as shopping, ron Jon's, C.B. Surf shop, dinosaur shop, grocery stores, IHOP, restaurants, drugstores and most important the beach - you will be just fine.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley......so sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my mother suddenly years ago so I know how you feel.

Here's hugs and blessings to you and your family........

thanks Dianne - it really has been a toughie simply because it was here one day, gone same day. He was quite the gentleman and loved life and lived it to the fullest - what more can anyone ask for - anyhow I am back to help any way I can and hope if I can't answer the questions, someone else will - as soon as I can, will be going out scouting again to find new information that the cruisers/visitors would enjoy knowing.

Until then (((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))):)

Edited by snelsonbrown

The sudden lost of my brother was extremely difficult but life goes on - thanks so much for your thoughtfulness

so SORRY for the loss Shirley...thoughts and prayers to you & your family.

May memories

comfort you

birdbluecp.gif

Memories keep the one you loved

close to you in spirit and thought

and always in your heart,

today and forever.

Thinking of you

with sympathy

~*jan*~(Starfish*4)

Imola, you don't have to go any farther than about a block and a half up the street. Branos is an Italian restaurant with excellent food. It's my pick and we will be having dinner there right after Thanksgiving when we sail the Freedom.

The CI is also a great choice with a Publix, Walgreens and CVS across the street for anything you forget or want to take with you. There's also a Bealls Outlet right there for those who like to shop and love a bargain

I want to thank those from the Port Canaveral area that post such great info on this thread.

You made my time pre and post cruise so easy!

I knew how to get to the area in a quick manner. I saw alot of the resturants, gas stations, supermarkets,etc that were mention.

I took advantage of the great advice and once again thanks!!!

I want to thank those from the Port Canaveral area that post such great info on this thread.

You made my time pre and post cruise so easy!

I knew how to get to the area in a quick manner. I saw alot of the resturants, gas stations, supermarkets,etc that were mention.

I took advantage of the great advice and once again thanks!!!

That is so great airlink diva - isn't it nice that so many folks pitched in and helped their fellow travelers make coming here so much easier - I know the feeling of being a total stranger in an unknown town, not knowing where to go, places to see etc - the thread became a reality by one person's thought and then it was expanded by more folks than one could count - so on this special day of September 11, 2011 I want to especially thank each of you for taking the time to help to help your fellowman feel at home and comfortable as they make their way here.

Many hugsssssssssssssss from me to you:)

Shirley it has been a while since I popped on this thread and was sorry to hear of your loss. May God be with your family.

Thanks so much Preston- it has really been a toughie and hard to fathom, but this is life anyhow where have you been buddy?

Keep in touch for we need you here my friend

Thanks so much Preston- it has really been a toughie and hard to fathom, but this is life anyhow where have you been buddy?

Keep in touch for we need you here my friend

I have been good but busy with work and learning Spanish. I am planning to retire in Panama and have been spending all my free time in that direction. I even have found the love of my life there. A beautiful old fashioned lady and we plan to move to the mountains and buy a small coffee plantation. How is that for a life change?

I have been good but busy with work and learning Spanish. I am planning to retire in Panama and have been spending all my free time in that direction. I even have found the love of my life there. A beautiful old fashioned lady and we plan to move to the mountains and buy a small coffee plantation. How is that for a life change?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! that is quite the change - you will love Panama and also good luck with your spanish - it was my first lanuange so English was harder for me - how do you like the spanish food? drop me a note when you can and congratulations on the choice of the new road of adventures -

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley - I have followed the original and now this thread for some time. I wanted to thank-you (and Preston) for all the wonderful advice over the years and express my sympathy to you and your family.

Barbara

Ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks so much Barbara from both Preston and I - It is always a sincere pleasure to help in any way we can and as for my brother, thank you so much - we just were all taken back by the shock of it all and of course not prepared but life is short so we try to make it good while here - blessings always :)