Robe in Cabin

bigshowble

Under the cruise personalizer, there is an option asking for us to ask us if we want a robe in our room. Does this cost extra?:confused:

No it does not cost extra. Even if you request it in the personaliser, you may still need to request it from your Steward when you board, as we had to. If so, it will materialise quickly enough :)

No there free to USE. However, even when you request it on the personalizer, 50% of the time you will not see them in the cabin and have to request them from your cabin stewart.

I'd be happy with 50%, I have requested the robe through the personalizer for my wife all 8 previous cruises on Princess and all 8 times it wasn't there and I had to have the room steward get it. When they're batting 0% it's almost comical, maybe they'll get it right on our upcoming cruise...

Under the cruise personalizer, there is an option asking for us to ask us if we want a robe in our room. Does this cost extra?:confused:

No extra charge. If they are not in your room when you arrive just remind your room steward to bring them to you. If you arrive early chances are that they are still being washed from the last sailing.

I'd be happy with 50%, I have requested the robe through the personalizer for my wife all 8 previous cruises on Princess and all 8 times it wasn't there and I had to have the room steward get it. When they're batting 0% it's almost comical, maybe they'll get it right on our upcoming cruise...

FYI-Filling out your requests on the Cruise Personalizer is nothing but a waste of time, I have never known Princess to pay any attention whatsoever to them. Not sure why they are even wasting space, unless they want us to feel like we are being ignored with our requests. huff huff

FYI-Filling out your requests on the Cruise Personalizer is nothing but a waste of time, I have never known Princess to pay any attention whatsoever to them. Not sure why they are even wasting space, unless they want us to feel like we are being ignored with our requests. huff huff

Very true, although there was one time that something on the Personalizer was noticed and it was a cruise we took that coincided with our anniversary. I'd previously filled out that section and never thought about it again until about four cruises later when Princess decided they should recognize it on our cabin door (I'd rather they hadn't!).

Very true, although there was one time that something on the Personalizer was noticed and it was a cruise we took that coincided with our anniversary. I'd previously filled out that section and never thought about it again until about four cruises later when Princess decided they should recognize it on our cabin door (I'd rather they hadn't!).
90% of the time, they do read the celebration section where you list your birthday, anniversary, etc. But I have yet to see them pay any attention at all to the preferences section of the "Princess Personalizer". Are you saying you actually received something you checked on the personlizer, such as the right type of fruit, or the right set up in a mini bar?

90% of the time, they do read the celebration section where you list your birthday, anniversary, etc. But I have yet to see them pay any attention at all to the preferences section of the "Princess Personalizer". Are you saying you actually received something you checked on the personlizer, such as the right type of fruit, or the right set up in a mini bar?

No, nothing useful like that. They put a sign and a couple of balloons on our door the day of our anniversary, before that I hadn't even remembered that I'd filled that information out.

No, nothing useful like that. They put a sign and a couple of balloons on our door the day of our anniversary, before that I hadn't even remembered that I'd filled that information out.

They are usually pretty good about the special occasions, but the rest of it you fill out, I don't think anyone even looks at it. ;)

Can we actualy order that on the Cruise Personalizer? If so, can you tell me where to find it.

Thanks, Theo

Can we actualy order that on the Cruise Personalizer? If so, can you tell me where to find it.

Thanks, Theo

It asks you your preferences, but they don't pay any attention to it, you would be just wasting your time, honestly. But there is a preferences section on your Personalizer.

Not a plus sized robe! You'd better be skinny if you expect to fit into those robes!:(

Gosh, the reason I don't order the robes anymore is they are so over-sized I feel like I'm drowning and can barely move my arms. And I'm not that small, just average height and weight.

It does not cost extra to have the robe. They are available for purchase, but it's just a standard spa use waffle weave robe that you could probably find much cheaper at home. They're not really soft and comfy.

They're 'one size fits all', and I think my hubby at 6'5" and me at 5'5" both look kind of silly in them. But, they're nice to wrap up in if you get chilly in the cabin or just need a little something on while you're getting ready for the evening.

If you would like to purchase a robe on Princess, they do have nicer ones than the waffle weave. They are only given to full suite guests to use onboard (although I have read where some passengers were able to get their room stewards to find a couple of extras for them ;)) They are much larger, and a nice soft thick terry cloth. :)

Archived