Football on Seaside Theater?

cluv123

Ok...now that my Vikings will be playing next week while we are on the Carnival Freedom. I am just wondering if the game will be on the "BIG SCREEN" or just in the bar??

Anyone been on board before for such games/events??

We want to know how much purple to pack!:D

Ok...now that my Vikings will be playing next week while we are on the Carnival Freedom. I am just wondering if the game will be on the "BIG SCREEN" or just in the bar??

That would have me at the pursers complaining if they showed football instead of a movie.Unless they were going to show different sporting events on different nights then that would be OK.Sort of defeats a need for a sports bar.

Steve

That would have me at the pursers complaining if they showed football instead of a movie.Unless they were going to show different sporting events on different nights then that would be OK.Sort of defeats a need for a sports bar.

Steve

Steve,

Even I could not pull off OBC for that.They advertise sporting events and concerts as well. I assume you want to see the golf on a screen that big?:)

But I do agree with you to a point because they say football is a crypto-fascist metaphor for nuclear war.:D

But the point is to serve the masses and you always compare CCL to Walmart who serves the masses,so enjoy your Walmart!!!!:p:D

we will be in HMC next Sun. Wish it was a sea day they where playing but oh well. I never ever dreamed we would of made it this far.

I have been on all cruises in Jan/Feb time frame and have always seen ppl gathered around the small TV in the sports bar. We have tried to pop in to see a update on the game and have never been able to get close enough to really see.

Steve

The sports bar on Triumph is TINY. I would imagine at least 1500 passengers next Sunday will want to watch the game. We're skipping "elegant night" dinner in order to not miss a second of it. If it's not being shown on the Lido Deck big screen, we'll be pretty disappointed.

Steve

And for the Superbowl they show the game in the theater

Steve

Sports bar is choked with cigarette smoke when packed with folks watching a game. Hey I enjoy a good smoke once in a while but that haze is terrible to endure for hours. At least the big screen is outdoors where anyone can find a spot to have a smoke without offending anyone.

you need to wear all the purple you own!!!!!!!!!!!!

right down to the shoes!;)no matter what we wear they are going to win!!!!!

IM Sorry when was the last time the Vikings won a big gamesmiley3820.gif

While I wish you guys luck the AINTS will prevail

We will be in our black and gold Sunday on the Triumph for the game, skipping elegant night to wear our Saints shirts and cheer them on. And I think it's going to be more exciting watching the game on board with 1000+ Saints fans than watching it anywhere else (but the Dome, of course). I can't wait! WHO DAT!!!

Steve,

Even I could not pull off OBC for that.They advertise sporting events and concerts as well. I assume you want to see the golf on a screen that big?:)

But I do agree with you to a point because they say football is a crypto-fascist metaphor for nuclear war.:D

But the point is to serve the masses and you always compare CCL to Walmart who serves the masses,so enjoy your Walmart!!!!:p:D

You got me!:D

Want to play on the 26th at Harmony with us? We have 3 need a 4th.Its all paid for as well,or should I say its on me?

Steve

Not sure, but I KNOW it has not been longer than the Saints. (IE, NEVER). :)

My wife wanted to book our cruise for the first week in February. I said NO WAY, this is the best chance since 1998 for the Vikes to make the Bowl, and I could risk it.

We are now cruising two weeks later (I hoping it will be a celebration cruise!).

Maybe they'll show a replay of it. :)

Iam sorry but I seem to have forgotten what time the 49ers play? Oh thats right

they don't smiley3820.gif

Iam pretty sure we're foing to lose as well but you can't say that her in minn without getting hit by a snowball!!!!:D

I'm on that cruising as well, kinda wondered the same thing except I'll be rooting for the Saints and Colts that day. :D

Come join our roll call cluv

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=959264

• 8 months later...

Has anyone been on the Freedom in the last couple of weeks, Sept. 2010, and noticed if the NFL Sunday afternoon games are on the big screen, Seaside Theater?

I've read that CCL carries the Denver networks so they usually have the Broncos games. Well, my Titans are playing the Broncos this Sunday, the day we board.:) We plan to board, grab lunch plates and head "somewhere" to watch the game. I would love to see it on the BIG SCREEN if it's there. But if not, guess we'll head to the sports bar, but hate the smoke. I think there's smoking allowed in there, right? Sorry, but Yuck!:(

We were on the Dream 9/11 and they showed Sunday night football and both of the Monday night games (i think), it was opening weekend so not sure if that makes a difference. One of the best parts of the cruise was watching football out in the warm night air on the big screen. I can see if you don't like football you might not be impressed, but if you like football don't miss it on the seaside theater in my opinion.

My wife wanted to book our cruise for the first week in February. I said NO WAY, this is the best chance since 1998 for the Vikes to make the Bowl, and I could risk it.

We are now cruising two weeks later (I hoping it will be a celebration cruise!).

Do you not realize the Saints won the 2010 Super Bowl last year?

Best chance since 1998? What about last year when they blew the championship game because of Favre's dumb plays. Vikes lost 28-31.

Archived