Remaining cabins on Marina

wripro

Economic doldrums over?

Normal giddiness with the release of a new ship?

None of the initial voyages, except the Caribbean sailing, appealed to me and the March dates of the Caribbean trip did not work for me so I am still watching from the sidelines.

It seems that only concierge and some veranda cabins remain on all the five cruises. All the suites, penthouses, insides and most verandas are gone. Amazing!

...with the Maiden Voyage being the first of Marina's itineraries to sell out. Caribbean Pearls and Colonial Crossing look to be the next of Marina's itineraries to do so.

They're not "sold out" until final payment is made. If you really want to be on these early cruises keep checking, especially as payment time approaches.

To clarify here and to be precise...the categories listed on the Maiden voyage either state "wait list" or "sold out"...perhaps they will become available as final payment approaches but more likely with a wait list already in place, they most likely will not.

You are, of course, all correct in saying that nothing is final until final payment. Still, I think it's pretty amazing that Marina had so many bookings in so little time.

In the old days it used to be "so many men, so little time" now it's "so many cruises so little time"!! :D LuAnn

We are booked on the Maiden Voyage and waitlisted in three other categories. #13, 15, and 37. Somehow I think we will either be staying where we are or cancelling.

And yes, we booked the first day.....

Mo

Mo,

While your placement # on the waitlist(s) may seem discouraging, perhaps there will be some staterooms freed up with folks moving their reservations once Marina's spring-summer itineraries are announced around March 1st. For the winter sailings, the special pricing looks to be good through March 31, 2010. Hang in there...

Kathleen

This cruise is a year away. A lot can happen in that time. I am certain there will be cabins released and people switching cruises right up until the final payment. I think it's smart to get on a "wait list".

I am lucky, I am booked for the Inaugural Voyage from Barcelona to Miami. One year to wait! I was lucky enough to get one of their beautiful outside cabins with the floor to ceiling window - it looks great.

Marion

Reality Check: Calculate how many nights you can stay at the Four Seasons Hotel in your favorite city for the price of a cruise on this ship.

But that four seasons hotel doesn't move me overnight to the next wonderful port :)

I see your point though but we're all seasoned travellers, we know what's a bargain and what isn't. We're doing 22 nights in France and paying for accommodation the same we would on a Princess 12 day cruise in a balcony. But I find this ship actually pretty well priced. Take the TA on March 28th, balconies for under $5,000 for person, 19 days including your air and your food. That's a deal. My girlfriend just paid $1,250 for a one way flight from London to Toronto per person :eek:

Reality Check: Calculate how many nights you can stay at the Four Seasons Hotel in your favorite city for the price of a cruise on this ship.

Add in the cost of transportation, meals. entertainment, etc., and recalculate. But, it doesn't matter. There is no comparison. Each has it's place.

I would never pay for ship quality entertainment anywhere & ship "cabins" don't even approach Four Seasons quality but I agree that it's not an "apples to apples" comparison. More importantly, I would not want to spend 14 nights straight in any hotel unless forced to do so.

Hmmmm...my favorite choice would be New York. It would seem I could stay far longer at sea with all the perks...

http://www.fourseasons.com/newyorkfs/rates_and_reservations.html

Kathleen

Are you finding these rates directly from the website? Please send me a note if I have missed something. We are ready to try something different.

Here is what is currently showing available on the website for Marina:

http://oceaniacruises.com/searchresults.aspx?available=0&shipid=MNA

...or contact your TA.

Archived