Where's my tile?

suse

Oh, alright, I'm missing a tile. We were promised a tile to be mailed to us after our Mariner luncheon on the Nov. 29 Westerdam cruise. The reason we received no tiles during the cruise was that there were way too many Mariners! Well, they were going to be mailed. So, call me petty, but I am still waiting. Yikes. I want to do my kitchen backsplash. One tile at a time.:)

Same thing happened to us on December 5th Maasdam - promised they would be mailed to us within 6 weeks. At end of six weeks, I emailed Mariner folks in Seattle and the reply was it would be six to eight weeks after they were received tiles from their supplier which had not yet happened.

So I guess the tiles are being manufactured as we write. I guess some ships have them and some do not and apparently HAL Seattle does not have any. Very curious.

Barbara

Same thing happened to us on December 5th Maasdam - promised they would be mailed to us within 6 weeks. At end of six weeks, I emailed Mariner folks in Seattle and the reply was it would be six to eight weeks after they were received tiles from their supplier which had not yet happened.

So I guess the tiles are being manufactured as we write. I guess some ships have them and some do not and apparently HAL Seattle does not have any. Very curious.

Barbara

I don't doubt your details of the conversation ... but I suspect someone is pulling your leg. Or perhaps HAL truly is completely out of tiles and will send you the 2010 tiles when they receive them.

We were on the Maasdam sailing prior to yours. We did not get tiles, nor was there mention at the Mariner Brunch that they would be mailed to us. Went to the Front Desk and learned that the Maasdam was fresh out of tiles. The kind lady there offered to put us on a mailing list, and told us it would take about 6 weeks before we got them. They must have run out of them on the November 6 sailing, as there were people doing 28 days, that sailing and ours, and they got tiles on the first half of their trip.

Being an impatient wench ... I called the Mariner Society the Monday after our Friday return home, and received two tiles on Wednesday of that week by USPS.

Oh, alright, I'm missing a tile. We were promised a tile to be mailed to us after our Mariner luncheon on the Nov. 29 Westerdam cruise. The reason we received no tiles during the cruise was that there were way too many Mariners! Well, they were going to be mailed. So, call me petty, but I am still waiting. Yikes. I want to do my kitchen backsplash. One tile at a time.:)

Your tile is 2 months overdue. Hope will get our tiles on our March 27 Eurodam cruise.

I don't doubt your details of the conversation ... but I suspect someone is pulling your leg. Or perhaps HAL truly is completely out of tiles and will send you the 2010 tiles when they receive them.

We were on the Maasdam sailing prior to yours. We did not get tiles, nor was there mention at the Mariner Brunch that they would be mailed to us. Went to the Front Desk and learned that the Maasdam was fresh out of tiles. The kind lady there offered to put us on a mailing list, and told us it would take about 6 weeks before we got them. They must have run out of them on the November 6 sailing, as there were people doing 28 days, that sailing and ours, and they got tiles on the first half of their trip.

Being an impatient wench ... I called the Mariner Society the Monday after our Friday return home, and received two tiles on Wednesday of that week by USPS.

I called HAL after we returned home and was told wait six weeks. I am still waiting. She wouldn't even take my name...said that the ship gave them a list already.:eek: Maybe this wheel should get squeeky.:D

Well, I guess I should be calling them tomorrow with my very important complaint. Sometimes, it's the principle of the thing or something like that. I'll let you know what they say. Stay tunied.;) I'll be back here tomorrow with a very important update!

love,

Susie

I'm so looking forward to my tile on the Oosterdam in May. I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't there.

I also know how slow companies can be if you don't give them a little "nudge" sometimes. Especially when it comes to "comp" items.

We were promised ours would arrive 6 weeks after our Thanksgiving cruise. I used the HAL website to send a message asking when they were coming and received an email that it would be mailed the next day. Found it in my mailbox this afternoon. Just heard from the rest of the family and they received theirs today, too. The four of them received four different designs. Nice!

Are tiles not left on the bed at night, anymore? :confused: Also, are the ship specific, or if not, what do the 2010 tiles look like?

Last couple of cruises, the tiles were either waiting for us (at our table) at the Mariners brunch or were placed there at the conclusion of the brunch. For those Mariners who did not attend the brunch, they were advised to pick up their tiles at the ship's Front Office.

The current tiles are not ship's specific. Since 2007, the tiles have been representing late 19th to mid-20th century HAL advertising posters as opposed to those in years prior to 2007 which had ship's names on them and depicted ships, scenes, Dutch costumes, windmills, etc

The 2010 tiles aren't out yet (not on HAL's web site yet)

On our Dec. 11 th Carribean cruise on the Noordam we got our tiles after the Mariner brunch. We have them on a wall in our kitchen. Sure hope they don't stop giving them out because I will have to rearrange them. Wish they still had ships on them.

Last couple of cruises, the tiles were either waiting for us (at our table) at the Mariners brunch or were placed there at the conclusion of the brunch. For those Mariners who did not attend the brunch, they were advised to pick up their tiles at the ship's Front Office.

The current tiles are not ship's specific. Since 2007, the tiles have been representing late 19th to mid-20th century HAL advertising posters as opposed to those in years prior to 2007 which had ship's names on them and depicted ships, scenes, Dutch costumes, windmills, etc

The 2010 tiles aren't out yet (not on HAL's web site yet)

Thank you, I recall now that on our Noordam Mediterranean cruise, we were not able to attend the brunch, so went to the purser to receive ours.

Do you know what day/time would the brunch be on a 7 day cruise?

I have the Oosterdam (ship specific) that I somehow received on my very first HAL cruise. ;)

And like cruzisme, I found an older Oosterdam tile (ship specific, but looks older than mine) at Goodwill for 50 cents. :D

The ms. Noordam tile is generic.

Looking forward to adding the Eurodam to my collection.

My parents have many, many HAL tiles.

When we sailed on the Maasdam Holiday Cruise last month, the Front Office told us they had run out of tiles. Our information was then taken so that they could be mailed to us. On the last morning of this Cruise when we returned to our cabin to pick up our things, the tiles were sitting next to our hand luggage. Since we did not attend the Mariner's Luncheon I do not kow if they were distributed to the other Mariners.

on our last cruise DH attended the brunch but I didn't

he picked up our tiles at the brunch/luncheon

he mentioned how surprised he was at the number of tiles left behind by other attendees

Have seen that also; not interested I guess

I always leave mine on the ship. It seems so important to the posters on this thread. Glad leaving mine can make someone happy.

Suse...are you really doing your back splash;)? I'm thinking that is taking a poke at someone.

but it was a thought. I never got around to calling HAL today. Crazy day with a million things. Tiles can wait at this point. Time for a nap. Ha ha I wish.:)

Archived