Snow Storm in the Northeast.....

Dspcentury

The weather channel has predicted a winter storm in the northeast that can effect air travel from New York as far down to the Carolinas....They are watching New York City because they are saying right now only 2-4".

This storm is supposed to start Friday night into Saturday. These totals for NYC are really no problem. I am traveling Saturday morning and praying that I will be able to get to San Diego without delay. I must say that I am glad to paid for insurance just for these incidents!!:D

David............................................:)

good luck Dave...we are leaving tomorrow also..predicting up to 10" here...may not sound like a big deal..but 4" cripples this city :eek: We also have insurance, but I don't want to use it I want to be on my CRUISE!!! DH keeps telling me we will be okay IF the flight we are taking doesn't originate from DC ..keeping every finger crossed that's the case...right now it's 35 degrees and cloudy..no precip, but they say that will change in the next hour or so...I'll keep packing and pray for the best...

Ugh - got a queasy feeling in my stomach after reading all these posts. We are supposed to fly out of Philly on Sunday on USAir for a Monday cruise. Wish I could just change the flight to today, but my BF has a gig tomorrow night up here in Central Jersey where the predictions are only 8-12 inches. So I guess we'll have to wait and see...so far USir hasn't cancelled the flight.

flights will also stop after 12pm today @ BWI IAD PHL.

Sorry to say that if someone told you Baltimore is expecting 3-6 inches of snow, you were given incorrect information. Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region in general is expecting up to 2 feet of snow.

My son was due to fly from Boston to Baltimore on Saturday, and he received a call from Southwest tonight (Thurs.) that they've already cancelled all flights for Saturday and will have limited flights on Sunday.

Well the snow has started and I'm telling ya, I'm not feeling good about the situation...it's only been snowing a half hour and the ground is completely covered...and this is supposed to continue thru tomorrow morning...:eek: Even if it's stopped by the time our flight is supposed to leave at 12:30..I'm thinking it will most likely be delayed...I'm glad now that we are leaving a day early for San Diego and that we have the insurance...hmmm...wonder if they will reimburse our "non refundable" hotel charge if we don't make it till Sunday :confused:

Can you drive away from the snow and fly out of another city?

Well the snow has started and I'm telling ya, I'm not feeling good about the situation...it's only been snowing a half hour and the ground is completely covered...and this is supposed to continue thru tomorrow morning...:eek: Even if it's stopped by the time our flight is supposed to leave at 12:30..I'm thinking it will most likely be delayed...I'm glad now that we are leaving a day early for San Diego and that we have the insurance...hmmm...wonder if they will reimburse our "non refundable" hotel charge if we don't make it till Sunday :confused:

I know, it is crazy how that happens. I am in chicago, and we are not supposed to get much at all, like 1 inch. We are in this little bubble on the weather map. Most Chicago folks are happy, but I am off for the naxt week and would like a good dousing! I wanna play!

I feel sory for the people who cant get to there cruise. But on other hand you got to love it here in Toronto Canada we are not even going to get any snow at all here in the great white North or should I say green north

WELLL the unthinkable has happened...it has been snowing for 3 hours and we already have 6-7 inches on the ground and it is supposed to continue thruout the night...they are now saying 12 - 14 inches..most snow we have had in years in one storm...go figure...United Airlines in Columbus is already cancelling flights for tomorrow...please everyone keep your fingers crossed that American doesn't follow suit and that we are able to get out of here...I know there is nothing I can do about it..it is what it is...and we do have trip insurance..but darn it all I really want to be cruising and not stuck in OHIO...:(

WELLL the unthinkable has happened...it has been snowing for 3 hours and we already have 6-7 inches on the ground and it is supposed to continue thruout the night...they are now saying 12 - 14 inches..most snow we have had in years in one storm...go figure...United Airlines in Columbus is already cancelling flights for tomorrow...please everyone keep your fingers crossed that American doesn't follow suit and that we are able to get out of here...I know there is nothing I can do about it..it is what it is...and we do have trip insurance..but darn it all I really want to be cruising and not stuck in OHIO...:(

Fingers crossed for you, and all the travelers out there. Looks like alot of people will be impacted by this storm. I know what it's like watching a big snow storm a-brewing, with flights looming to take you away to paradise. It's a nail biter for sure.

I love seeing it!!! I hope many places places get dumped on big time while I will be playing 18 holes today and it will almost be 80. I know it sounds mean,but choose to live where it may snow,and it just might.:D

Steve

Nothing like being happy about someone else's misfortune.

Forecast in the DC-Balt area is now 20-30 inches. Most airlines have cancelled flights through tomorrow.

And, I really dislike the smug remarks from those living in warmer climates. We live where our jobs are and when we are ready to retire, we might snowbird, but rubbing someone's nose in it is ridiculous.

Forecast in the DC-Balt area is now 20-30 inches. Most airlines have cancelled flights through tomorrow.

And, I really dislike the smug remarks from those living in warmer climates. We live where our jobs are and when we are ready to retire, we might snowbird, but rubbing someone's nose in it is ridiculous.

My cruise is in July. I wonder if we'll thaw out by then!

For all the reasons mentioned that is why I fly direct out of BDL and usually at least the day before. A direct flight costs me a little more but I get where I want to go. I am going to get the insurance because other things may happen besides a snow storm.

Gary.

For all the reasons mentioned that is why I fly direct out of BDL and usually at least the day before. A direct flight costs me a little more but I get where I want to go. I am going to get the insurance because other things may happen besides a snow storm.

Gary.

Unfortunately, in this case, going a day or two early wouldn't even help. Most flights from NJ/PHL/Balt/Wash area have been cancelled from Friday through Sunday. So for people planning to fly out a day or two early for Sunday cruises are still out of luck!

I agree that the person who posted that he hopes we all get dumped on was really out of line. To sneer at other's misfortune is indeed cruel. I've never seen anybody wish a hurricane on anybody who chooses to live in the warm, southern climates, so why would you wish a blizzard on those of us who have no choice (due to job and family obligations) to live in the Mid-Atlantic states. Remeber what they say about what goes around comes around...

Nothing like being happy about someone else's misfortune.

Its not misfortune, its a choice.You choose to live in an area that could/does get snow in the middle of the winter,you run the risk of getting snow. I choose to live in a hurricane prone area and if we get one,it is what could happen. Being from the North east 5 years ago, I enjoy seeing what I chose to leave.

So if one smokes all their life and gets lung cancer, would that be misfortune as well?

Steve

I agree that the person who posted that he hopes we all get dumped on was really out of line. To sneer at other's misfortune is indeed cruel. I've never seen anybody wish a hurricane on anybody who chooses to live in the warm, southern climates, so why would you wish a blizzard on those of us who have no choice (due to job and family obligations) to live in the Mid-Atlantic states. Remeber what they say about what goes around comes around...

Well said!!!! I'm sorry, I enjoy living where I can experience 4 Seasons, and not constant humidity. Do I enjoy getting away from the cold to the Caribbean - YES! Nothing better than a tan in Feb when you live in PA.

Everywhere you live in this world has pros and cons, but to try and put blame on people for their choices in housing and vacations is simply ridiculous.

Unfortunately, in this case, going a day or two early wouldn't even help. Most flights from NJ/PHL/Balt/Wash area have been cancelled from Friday through Sunday. So for people planning to fly out a day or two early for Sunday cruises are still out of luck!

I am that person who stated it,I came from where they are going to get a sizable amount and you do have a choice.Move if you don't like it.Get a new job,see the family on holidays if you wish. We did exactly that.Quit or jobs,sold our house,and left all family 1100 miles away and established a new life in the warm southern climate from where we know/knew no one. As a skier, I would also like to see a major dumping.I am going to Tahoe in a few days and I hope thay get another 10ft of snow.:)

Steve <-------------------shot a 94:o

-10 internet karma points for anyone who cheers for another person's misfortune.

Bad weather in a significant portion doesn't just affect that area for air travel...it affects all domestic air travel. Case in point: in Dec, my mother had to fly to MO for a family emergency. No snow here in WY, no snow in Denver, no snow in St Louis, but she had to fly to Chicago, then Kansas City, then St Louis because all air travel was shifted.

Even if you lived in sunny Arizona, you could still get messed up for your travel plans right now. You can keep Florida, I'll stay here in a winter-ish area free from hurricanes, thank you.

Archived