Snow Storm in the Northeast.....

Dspcentury

I truly feel for anyone who is suppose to leave/fly for a cruise today.

We live smack dab in between Cleveland/Columbus, Ohio and we are getting hammered. Blowing is terrible.

For a change if flying I'd rather be going from Cleveland as the south is getting hit worse. We pick which airport for price. Our March cruise is from Columbus, so you always worry about snow like this.

Prayers and best wishes to all.

We live between Cleveland and Columbus too and it's still bad here. We had wrecks everywhere last night and it's still snowing and blowing. I agree Cleveland would be much better to fly out of for this storm, they didn't get it as bad as we did. Good luck to everyone and hope you make it to your warm and sunny cruise.

We are 20 minutes from the pier...and are due to leave tomorrow. I really wonder what carnival is going to do. I can't believe it will leave on time. We have done a pretty good job digging out and we have a 4 x 4 but they expect another 5 to 10 inches on top of what we already have. Tapering off later this evening. Wow!

We live in Fredericksburg, VA, and like others in the DC area, we have been hit hard.

I wish all the best to people who are trying to get to the port of Baltimore to embark on their cruise. Nothing seems to be moving. Reagan National Airport is closed, the subway has limited routes and bus service in non-existent. Roads are covered in snow. Not an encouraging start for a cruise!

Lee

We are 20 minutes from the pier...and are due to leave tomorrow. I really wonder what carnival is going to do. I can't believe it will leave on time. We have done a pretty good job digging out and we have a 4 x 4 but they expect another 5 to 10 inches on top of what we already have. Tapering off later this evening. Wow!

We're about 15 minutes from the terminal. Vehicles in my neighborhood and on my street are going nowhere. We're completely blocked in. Having a 4x4 here is moot right now. ;)

Safe travels, everyone. ;)

We live in Pittsburgh...so far we have received 19 inches of snow since yesterday...more later today. :mad:

All flights in and out are cancelled...:(

Temps tonight will be 8....... that could change.

We always leave for our cruise the day before...the eailer in the morning the better. Stuff happens!

We do book cruises later in the year also...so not to run into this problem.

Darlene

We live in Central Pa. about a half hour from the main campus of Penn State. So far, 17 inches on the ground and still lightly snowing. I can't begin to imagine what its like South of us! Good luck all in your travels and I hope it gets it out of its system before we cruise out of Baltimore the 7th of March.

I'm in Silver Spring, about 45 minutes from the port in Baltimore. We're at 23" right now. I live on a busy road, and it's nearly invisible right now. It is so quiet outside, it's eerie.

We live in Fredericksburg, VA, and like others in the DC area, we have been hit hard.

I wish all the best to people who are trying to get to the port of Baltimore to embark on their cruise. Nothing seems to be moving. Reagan National Airport is closed, the subway has limited routes and bus service in non-existent. Roads are covered in snow. Not an encouraging start for a cruise!

Lee

I just talked to my mom in Fredericksburg and she said because of the mixing last night they only got about 12", unlike us that have at least 24". Our street has been plowed about 4 times here in Ashburn. Now, our driveway is another story. DH is going out shortly to start clearing with the snowblower.

I'm also about 5 miles from Dulles airport and haven't heard a plane since last night.

NE of Pittsburgh, our 6 - 12 inch forecast turned into 24+:eek:with emergency situation in effect...as in if ur driving u better be on ur way to hospital or ull get cited.

trying to open door to deck this am

snowandxmas069.jpg

said deck

snowandxmas007.jpg

we have food, booze & we took broom to satellite dish for tv:)3/4 of my town is without power; always could be worse...like the poor folks trying to get to their cruises.:(

Here in South Jersey........."for-GED about it".

Still coming down, will get intense again they say, blizzard continues.

Needed to drive late last night.....and happy to still be able to talk about it. Was only vehicle on Garden State Pkwy for several miles....visibility was about 100 feet throughout.

Power went off at 6:00 AM for thank God only 6 hours. Hoping it doesn't go down again.

No driving, no flights......and Baltimore is up to 27+ inches......sure glad our Pride cruise was in October !!!! Best of luck to all living in this area scheduled for ANY cruise this weekend .

Next cruise is Dream in March.....we already have plans to get there TWO days ahead of schedule !

p.s. Has anybody heard from Al Gore recently ?

It's tapering off and we have everything shoveled...now we just need Mr. Plow to come through again LOL!

We'll see what happens....we have 26 inches here in Severn, MD (20 min south of the port)

It's tapering off and we have everything shoveled...now we just need Mr. Plow to come through again LOL!

We'll see what happens....we have 26 inches here in Severn, MD (20 min south of the port)

Your location says Columbia?

Yes, the snow has finally stopped. Our street doesn't get plowed. We'll be digging out for days. :rolleyes:

Feeling grateful, though. My sil has no electricity. Ugh.

Here's my neighborhood- 28inches and still snowing. The winds are picking up now also

2767793220104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2801481370104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2787647120104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

I sure hope for your sake that the wind blows some if not all of that snow off your roof. It looks pretty but from living in Michigan, I know it can be a heavy load on your roof. Good luck!

We live about 20 miles south of D.C. and are expected to get about 24" inches by Saturday night. My two adult children and their families are with me for the weekend. We are scheduled to leave out of Balimore on Sunday on the Carnival Pride. Wish us luck!

My co-worker is on the Pride now, they'll arrive in Baltimore to give the ship to you tomorrow! I keep thinking about their car parked in that open lot and the snow they'll have to shovel to get out of the parking place. :eek:

Archived