lip waxing

alise007

sooo getting older, used to be a blonde when I was little but now I have brown hair and don't spend as much time in the sun lightening it naturally anymore--

so noticing the corners of my mouth are getting some darker hairs--I try to ignore it but lately it is starting to bug me. I have been waxing my eyebrows for 20 yrs and it never seems to end! grrrrr so the thought of adding another body part to the beauty regime is not my idea of fun.

IF I start --will it just get worse or possibly grow back even thicker and darker? Or just live with it and save the time and money?!

There are alternatives. You can bleach it, turning it back into a blond that will blend in with your skin. Or there are permanent removal methods like lasering.

a friend of mine when I was 20 had a mom that bleached and it was super creepy and very obvious!

is laser painful?

Bleaching, waxing, and depilitories are temporary but cheap, laser and electrolysis are permanent but expensive. I think what is best depends on your hair color, skin color, amount of hair, sensitivity of your skin, etc. I don't think that any of these methods cause your hair to come in thicker or darker.

When I reached the menopause I too noticed I was growing a moustache!:eek: I used to go to the beauty salon and pay them silly money to have a bit of wax smeared on my top lip and the 'tache removed. Then I got to thinking. How about using the same depilatory I use on my legs? Nair hair remover cream for dry / sensitive skin. Costs less than £1 here in the UK and lasts for umpteen applications. Was cautious first time but it worked a treat. Apply with a cotton bud to exactly the places you want, avoiding lips. Wait no more than five minutes, remove cream with a damp cotton ball. Apply moisturising cream. I must have saved myself a small fortune over the past ten years.:)

Ros

I do not do waxing, but I work in Salons that do. Plus I did take some classes on it. Anyway...They say (yes, they) that if you wax, it will eventually come in finer and slower. I think this is true in most cases. For myself, not so much. My brows and upper lip are hair growing machines! I'am 60 for crying out loud! When will it slow down? LOL And to make it even more fun, now the facial hair is coming in grey! Mother Nature is such a prankster.

sooo getting older, used to be a blonde when I was little but now I have brown hair and don't spend as much time in the sun lightening it naturally anymore--

so noticing the corners of my mouth are getting some darker hairs--I try to ignore it but lately it is starting to bug me. I have been waxing my eyebrows for 20 yrs and it never seems to end! grrrrr so the thought of adding another body part to the beauty regime is not my idea of fun.

IF I start --will it just get worse or possibly grow back even thicker and darker? Or just live with it and save the time and money?!

Good grief, I thought that old wives tale went out with white gloves and hats!

NO! Rmoving hair will NOT make it grow back thicker or darker. It might gow back the same amount, but it might be less.

I don't recommend ignoring it - everyone else notices it!

Bleaching it will only result in a blonde moustache. Sorry, but that's not terribly attractive either.

I don't have facial hair so can't recommend the best, but you should look into waxing, threading, laser and electrolysis and see what works with your schedule and budget.

I'm Italian and Armenian (among other things) so I know all about unwanted hair...haha! My sisters will never let me live down the time when I thought it would be wise to shave my unibrow :eek:! Anyway, I also get my upper lip waxed every few months and pluck the dark ones in between. I would love to get it lasered some day.....once I can afford it. :)

I don't notice it from say a few feet away looking at the mirror but sitting in the car especially in the sun--it really stands out to me! Of course if I get up close--I can see them! prob 7-8 darker hairs mixed in with the lighter ones on both sides at the corners.

I really like the idea of a depilatory! Cheaper and painless. I have very light skin and get beat red after eyebrow waxing for a good 20 mins or so. When I used to get more sun time I think it would lighten the lip hairs naturally so I didn't notice them as much.

Depilatories can give some people a rash. Be sure to do a trial run well before you need to look good! I have a few "strays" on my lip that I get rid of with Nad's facial hair strips. Cheap, effective, and they include stuff to prevent irritation.

OWIEeeeeeeeeeeeee ok did it before bed last night. Used the NADS --it was super EASY but was OUCHIE! Did get super red and sensitive but used the stuff they provided plus rubbed a littl neosporin with pain relife on it...there were a few blood specks afterwards but nothing major.

I just hope I didn't start something I am going to hate keeping up! Weird to not even have the peach fuzz there!

Hello Ladies, thank heaven Im not the only one! Ive been getting my brows waxed since I was 11 years old! Im one of those that it does not come back thinner or lighter or anything. :mad:

From personal experince I dont reccomend Nair on your brows.You should see my 8th grade picture! I soooo feel yall on the greys on your brows,lip,and even my eyelashes are going. {im frippin 28,Im gonna look like Steve Martin in 5 years!}. :eek:

Im still on the fence about getting my lip done.But I guess its no different than your brows. Im not worried about the pain.Waxing has gotten relaxing over the years.:)

Now you all have got ME thinking about this! I do have some dark hairs on my upper lip that im not sure if ppl notice (they prolly do lol) but i want to do something about them.

i use strips on my brows and thats great but once in a great while they take some skin! i dont want to risk that on my upper lip! So i might try the depilatory (sp?) cream, if its for face. i dont want to mess with anything hahaha

You ladies are made of better stuff than I!! I had my lip waxed twice and refused to endure that pain again! Not to mention my lip went numb for over a week both times. My solution was lasering. For me it has been the best...one treatment removed all but two hairs (seriously!) and the treatment was only $49.00! It did not hurt anywhere close to what the waxing did, nor did I walk around with the telltale pink lip! I was so happy with the results that I have done my bikini area as well and am beyond thrilled. The best part...it's permanent and cheaper than the continual waxes. Just my two cents ;)

Archived