Quest Staterooms

katkell

Thanks for this info - good to know. That amount of OBC is more generous than HAL & is a nice incentive to book on-board. We hope to do the same thing. I assume the on-board booking is transferable back to a TA.

The on-board booking can be transferred to a TA, but make sure you book an itinerary (which can be changed). It was only a $100.00 deposit for both of us, but if we booked a future "passage" we would have to pay the full deposit back on land when we booked a specific cruise.

Will you go back to HAL?

Will you go back to HAL?
Hi Jade!

Yes we'll probably continue to sail HAL but we’ll be a lot more circumspect when we do. Cruising with Oceania has exposed us to a different on-board experience that we liked very much. In some regards, it reminded us of the truly premium product that HAL used to offer. So we’ll certainly consider Oceania in our future cruise plans. And if all goes well on Azamara soon, we’ll add them to the mix. We’ve stepped outside our HAL loyalty zone, and quite frankly, we're delighted to have more choices.

We attended an Azamara presentation recently about the new re-branding. At the end, the Azamara rep ran a short marketing video on the Celebrity Solstice class ships. OMG - they look fabulous. So even though we've said we'd never set foot on such a large ship (we've even avoided HAL Vistas), it's pretty tempting.

But HAL has some excellent itineraries. And unlike many cruise lines, HAL also offers longer “collector” cruises that we prefer. And their price-point is outstanding. Plus we already have a few FCCs that are soon to expire. So we’ll certainly be back.

Hi Ja

We attended an Azamara presentation recently about the new re-branding. At the end, the Azamara rep ran a short marketing video on the Celebrity Solstice class ships. OMG - they look fabulous. So even though we've said we'd never set foot on such a large ship (we've even avoided HAL Vistas), it's pretty tempting.

Hi Mighty Quinn, we usually book by itinerary as well, with the exception of some Celebrity shortie cruises. We are going back on Century in April for a 4 night cruise and I wish a Solstice class was available for this weekend because it has gotten rave reviews and would be fine for 4 nights.

HAL still has the best artwork and tea and overall staterooms. I would love to see them bring a harpist onboard.

We just returned from the Journey. We were in Cabin 7092. It's midship, slightly aft. We found that cabins 7088,7090,7092,7094, and the cabins in the same location on the starboard side of the ship, and on deck 6 & 8 in this location had more engine noise. These are the cabins by the smokestack. We assumed the noise came from the engine room, rising through the vent. It wasn't unbearable, but noticeable. I use ear plugs when I sleep because of DH snoaring, so it didn't keep me awake. If you think this noise would interfere with your sleep, pack some ear plugs!

There were fresh flowers in the room. It was a small bouquet, but a nice touch. There was fresh fruit everday. A banana, orange, pear, grapes, apple. If you ate one or more, it was replaced the next time the cabin was attended to. It always seemed fresh to me. They placed cards on your bed each day. You could have canapies, reserve afternoon tea, or order breakfast from room service to be delivered the next morning. AZ spoils you rotten! Every crew member greeted you. I especially liked it when you came back to the ship after a port day and they said "welcome home."

Re fruit in the room: Your choice can be customized. If you know that you won't be eating apples and oranges but would like to have more grapes, just let your butler know and it will be taken care of. The apples and oranges will disappear and you'll have grapes.

Azamara could become my new favourite cruise line.:D Almost all my favourites are being covered. All I need to hear now is that there is a Chocolate Buffet! Anyone know?

Also I haven't had much luck finding daily menus for the Quest. I have found the menus for the Specialty Restaurants but not the menus for the lunches and dinners.

Thanks again to all the informers.

Azamara could become my new favourite cruise line.:D Almost all my favourites are being covered. All I need to hear now is that there is a Chocolate Buffet! Anyone know?

Also I haven't had much luck finding daily menus for the Quest. I have found the menus for the Specialty Restaurants but not the menus for the lunches and dinners.

Thanks again to all the informers.

No Midnight Buffet or Chocolate Bar.

I also never saw any lobster but we only ate in the MDR once, the rest in Prime C (5 nights), once with the Captain, one room service, 2 nights off the ship and the rest (4 nights) buffet dinner. Apparently lobster was in the other specialty restaurant.

Does anybody even go to the Midnight Buffet? I sure as hell don't, too busy drinking..........

Fruit is a great inclusion, and I would love to see whats offered up with the Canape's. Hope someone going soon can elaborate on that one.

Even though there is no chocolate buffet, you will not be lacking in choices for chocolate deserts. I had a chocolate cake in the MDR that was to die for. Also, in the specialty restaurant that a chocolate lava cake and a chocolate fondue. You will have many opportunities to be decadent and naughty! ;)

• 2 years later...

I have seen references to cabin 7100 on the Azamara Journey having views obstructed by cables, etc. On the deck plans there are no lifeboats anywhere near this location--just cabins above and below. Could anyone who has been in this cabin recent either say if there was any obstruction and/or post a picture? Thanks so much

I have seen references to cabin 7100 on the Azamara Journey having views obstructed by cables, etc. On the deck plans there are no lifeboats anywhere near this location--just cabins above and below. Could anyone who has been in this cabin recent either say if there was any obstruction and/or post a picture? Thanks so much

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34073616#post34073616

Phil

Archived