Cruise Assigned Airfare: We're definitely missing the ship

FrOhara1213

Remember that "deviation" in and of itself doesn't ensure that you avoid many of the pitfalls of cruiseline air. You can still end up on consolidator/bulk tickets, just trading one departure for another.

yes, this is very true, but if by picking your days and flights, you mitigate 75 per cent of your risk then you might get what you desire.

I am really happy the OP was able to make things work out. Jet Blue is a great airline.

But I'm puzzled by one thing. Please let me know if I've read something wrong but the OP is flying into FLL but sailing out of MIA? I'm wondering why the original flight wasn't into MIA?

I am really happy the OP was able to make things work out. Jet Blue is a great airline.

But I'm puzzled by one thing. Please let me know if I've read something wrong but the OP is flying into FLL but sailing out of MIA? I'm wondering why the original flight wasn't into MIA?

I don't believe Jet Blue flies to Miami.

Sometimes airfare is cheaper flying into FLL than MIA.

Yup...I'll go along with that.

And I'll be the first to admit I have no experience with Carnival. So can someone tell me if the cost of xfers is the same, whether it is from MIA or FLL?

If the same, I can understand taking the cheaper air.

You are probably correct but that doesn't change the fact, IMO, that the air should have been into MIA.... using a different airline.

This is a cruise air flight. All the cruise lines choose the least expensive flight to maximize their profit. This is simply another reason why I don't book cruise air.

The cruise lines don't care what problems the passenger faces, they have their money and their contract protects them. The the cruise lines can make an extra $10 by booking lousy flights, so much the better.

Still, FLL is closer to the port of Miami than George Bush is to the port of Galveston.

Also, yes.

I contend that those who buy cruiseline air:

1) Really want the one-stop buying experience

2) Really believe that the cruiseline will take care of them

3) Really want to suspend disbelief about the reality of cruiseline air

4) Really grasp at straws to find those exceptions when a cruiseline does help out

5) Really believe in the tooth fairy

6) Really believe in Santa Claus

DON

Archived