Yes CCL you are the ultimate funship but here is what we expect!!!

westwingjazz

The towel animals are made from dirty towels. I made this gruesome discovery on my last cruise.

:eek: What do you mean? Dirty like the reuse the same towel during your cruise to make the different towel animals each night, or dirty like it came out of the cabin down the hall after it dried someone's backside?

Good lord, that cute towel monkey may not look so cute next time I see it.

Print all photos in 5 x 7 and you can order larger sizes if you want. Who has a place to put that many 8 x 10. I never buy more that one photo per cruise because they are almost all too large and would buy many more if they were offered in 5 x 7.

Live music all over they ship is also very important.

Keep the bathrobes.

Lower the prices on the photos, people would buy more.

Keep the towel animals.

More Calypso music.

Instead of printing and hanging all those pictures (many of which are wasted), how about viewing stations so you can find your photos and then purchase with a swipe of your card?

Yes Carnival Cruise Line, you are the ultimate funship and favorite family cruise line; but, if you are going to raise your prices on us, here is what I expect:

Bring back the red fruit punch :mad:

Bring back the jazz lounges (not everyone likes Country line dancing and/or gospel rap) :rolleyes:

And more importantly, if you are going to raise the price, then make sure the Calypso band at the pool plays from 10am-6pm daily :p

This is what I expect. I would like other posters to chime in and tell CCL what they miss, should bring back, or simply add. I am thinking about sending this thread to them directly...

Amen! But even if rates weren't going up, still we should have live Calypso or Reggae!! For me, it's part of the experience.

I completely agree with you guys on the music, the photos, and the poster that said the staff was overworked. I've been saying that for a while now - there's been a big difference since our first cruise in 2006 in how rushed and overworked the crew seems. Waiters and room stewards in particular but sometimes it's even hard to get a drink in the show lounge which seems counterproductive considering the money maker booze is for Carnival. In general they are trying their hardest but just can't keep up.

I really miss the jazz, the classical trio, actual BAND on Lido and not two guys with a karaoke machine playing an hour or two a day. I've been most disappointed seeing the live acts cut down to mostly one or two people singing over a recording on our last few cruises. :( The wide variety of good, live music is part of what made us fall in love with cruising in the first place.

Also bring back the old format of the Captain's party. I don't even care about the booze, they could still do the $1 off thing but I always enjoyed getting dressed up and going to the lounge for the "festive" atmosphere of the party with the show band playing, people dancing, the introduction of officers, etc.

The whole "Farewell Party" idea screams of cost cutting on the liquor bill - they figure most people will be busy packing the last night and won't attend or if they do, won't want to drink as much with travel and an early wake up call the next morning. Also many reports here that it's not publicized at all on several ships.

Like towel animals are any big expense. Entertainment for guests one day and a bath towel the next. And then sell books on how to make the towel animals and make some revenue. Whats the downside. You can always tell your room steward not to waste their time on those for your room.

Its not the expense, its the damage to our sea's.

Even the EPA has guideline's and request's....

http://www.epa.gov/owow/oceans/cruise_ships/wastewaterfactsheet.html

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PREVENT THE IMPACTS OF CRUISE SHIPS?

• shipdock-4.jpgReview the cruise ship company's environmental policies before booking a cruise.
  • Do not pour inappropriate wastes into sinks or toilets.
  • Do not toss litter overboard.
  • Minimize your use of water.
  • Participate in the cruise ship's recycling program (if available).
  • Conserve energy by reducing unnecessary use of lights and appliances

You folks have really stirred my memory banks this morn. I too have watched the steady deterioration of things that dw & i enjoyed over 22 yrs of cruising. Seems to have started 5 or 6 yrs ago. The fun part seems to be disappearing from cruising.

I just wonder if the old cliche of "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" wont happen.

Now, you cant totally blame the lines because they're nothing more then large corps. That have to answer to stockholders. To beat the system buy their stock & collect divs or find some family owned line that only has to answer to their customers.

One stupid little thing i miss is the horse racing. Always enjoyed that.

Now annoying things. Bingo used to be fun too. But lately i've seen them hawking cards, scratch off tickets, & electronic bingo cards totaling up to $92. The best prize i saw a winner get was $120. Were's the excitement?

Some photos are fine but its the photographers that are everywhere all the time. I'm surprised they dont pop into your room in the middle of the night & take a pic of you sleeping. I liken them to the little kids that used to sell chicklets along the docks. Aaaarrrgh!!!!! I've even had them reach out & grab my arm or step into my path. Then there's photo row on the promenades deck. Every 6 ft another one with their old faded out backdrops.

The crewmembers are all so busy selling merchandise & drinks that the personal touch has gone out of it. I guess with automatic gratuities they constantly perform different tasks in different places. There was a time when you hung out in a bar or two & they would call you by name after the second drink. On the last cruise, i actually ran across a pool deck waiter who remembered me from a cruise two yrs ago on a different ship when he was a barternder. Those kinds of people are disappearing.

The one thing that seems to have remained constant is the level of proficiency of room stewards. Never had a bad one. In fact, the last cruise we never saw him for a week but everytime we entered the room, it was spotless.

Ok, i could ramble on & on but what's the sense. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. None of that will stop us from cruising.

Bon voyage!

How about some music other than steel drums playing on the Lido deck. How about some Blues bands playing in the bars. We would go and even buy drinks!

what ships have steel drums?????

:confused:

I wish they had steel drum bands on the lido.

One stupid little thing i miss is the horse racing. Always enjoyed that.

!

\

OHH NOOO..2 years ago they did this on The Miracle and I loved it! Are you saying they did away with this :(

How about lowering the price of the pictures? Or not printing everything in the 8x10 size? I can assure you I'd buy twice as many pictures at 10.00 than I will at 19.95. And definately bring back the fruit punch. If I can't afford the soda card I at least want to drink something besides unsweetened tea and lemonade the entire trip.

Yes sir, fruit punch is a must and we're tired of the picture rip-off too!

Definitely bring back the calypso bands on Lido deck playing real music for more than one hr.....I don't go on cruises to watch a big screen t.v..:rolleyes:

My favorite thing on vacation is the sound of the Steel Band Live!

Thanks for this thread.

Cindy

Yes Carnival Cruise Line, you are the ultimate funship and favorite family cruise line; but, if you are going to raise your prices on us, here is what I expect:

Bring back the jazz lounges (not everyone likes Country line dancing and/or gospel rap) :rolleyes:

And more importantly, if you are going to raise the price, then make sure the Calypso band at the pool plays from 10am-6pm daily :p

This is what I expect. I would like other posters to chime in and tell CCL what they miss, should bring back, or simply add. I am thinking about sending this thread to them directly...

wow, i agree with all these things. especially the jazz. that other music stuff you mentioned, is lame.

Instead of printing and hanging all those pictures (many of which are wasted), how about viewing stations so you can find your photos and then purchase with a swipe of your card?

Each person could enter their cabin number or something and view only their pictures if that is all they have time for. Who wants to hunt for 30 minutes to find your pictures among 3,000 other guests or have your embarrassing photos shown to the entire ship by default?

At the same time give you lots of purchasing options and print only the digitals that are desired and paid for.

Cindy:)

The photo dept. is contracted. They decide how much to spend in equipment and how to make a buck. Not CCL. I'm sure they think printing the pictures returns more revenue than another up front cost method.

This thread is probably not the best forum to communicate to CCL. CCL will raise costs if demand is there and they will provide what services make the most happy. The best feedback is via your comment cards.

You will have to pry my bathrobe out of my cold, dead fingers.:mad:

Don't even mess with it, I wear it, I like it and I want it.

Yes they could keep the bathrobes but make them so that everyone could enjoy them from the small to the large. Not just medium size fits all.

If I am going to pay more I want ports that not every ship goes to....some of the less traveled Islands (Trinidad, Tobago, St Croix, San Blas ETC)

I have no problem with Carnival keeping things on the ship as they are; BUT....If they can give people what they want without increasing their bottom line (They're traveling the Caribbean anyway) it's a win win for them! Give us a more creative itinerary...I have been to Cozumel (6 times love it but...) Grand Cayman (4 times can't stand it...no offense:D) SanJuan (3 or 4 times I forget which as a debarkation point, at one time cruise ships use to sail out of most of the Islands...what happened?) Aruba (6 times...l0ve it and if the rumors are true and you add Curacao I'll gladly go back I've only been to Curacao once about 15 years ago!)

The only thing different I would like for my cruise dollar....now cruise dollar and a half; are more creative itinaeraries....show the rest what made you the best....give us some different Islands!!!!:cool:

Andy

The rumors are true! ;) Check out the Miracle itinerary we are taking, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and Isla Catalina (off the Dom Rep). :)

I'd love it if they'd keep the pools/hot tubs open late at night. They close them all way too early for my liking.

Ya' know... I'm a big jazz fan, too, but I'm also a Carnival Cruise Lines stockholder and I've gotta tell ya' that those folks in Miami know what makes money and it's not jazz... not on Carnival. The jazz trios have been replaced, pretty much, by salsa trios. Yeah, I know... I'm not a salsa fan but a bunch of folks are.

The trick is to keep prices as low as possible to keep cruising as accessible to as many folks as possible and Carnival does a brilliant job of that.

I cruise three or four times a year and Carnival is the only line I can do that on. If I have to fore go fruit punch to be able to cruise I'll live without.

Is Carnival perfect? Nope, far from it but they're still the best.

:)

maybe instead of a jazz band, or calypso, country, etc..... they could find some more versatile bands maybe? I understand everyone has a different taste so you have to cater to many people.

i think some could easily be crossover types too. a jazz/rock/blues type band.

maybe even a salsa/calypso/??? band too. i dunno, just some ideas anyway ;)

The towel animals are made from dirty towels. I made this gruesome discovery on my last cruise.

quote]

:eek:EWWW!!! Now I'm officially grossed out for the day!!! That will be all I'm thinking about when I see those things Next month!!

I don't expect to receive more service for the higher prices... I am just glad to see them raising base fares rather than keeping unrealistically low fares and then jacking up alcohol and photos.

That's not any way to run a business... let the cheap people cruise for next to nothing and make the average vacationer foot the bill.

Ya' know... I'm a big jazz fan, too, but I'm also a Carnival Cruise Lines stockholder and I've gotta tell ya' that those folks in Miami know what makes money and it's not jazz... not on Carnival. The jazz trios have been replaced, pretty much, by salsa trios. Yeah, I know... I'm not a salsa fan but a bunch of folks are.

The trick is to keep prices as low as possible to keep cruising as accessible to as many folks as possible and Carnival does a brilliant job of that.

I cruise three or four times a year and Carnival is the only line I can do that on. If I have to fore go fruit punch to be able to cruise I'll live without.

Is Carnival perfect? Nope, far from it but they're still the best.

:)

I beg to differ. I have more sense that to think CCL is perfect or if any cruise line is perfect. But I would like carnival cruise line to cater to everyone's taste. CCL has enough clubs and bars to 'go around the world' in music. I would be nice if they had a simple cover band. I am a loyal Carnival Cruise passenger and the one event I used to look forward to after dinner is my going down to the jazz lounge, smoke a cigar with a glass of Martell, and listen to the trio/band. I simply have nothing to do after dinner now but to go back to the gym ( I cant go get in the hot tub, it closes to early) or go to my room and watch television?

Now lets look at what you pointed out 'those folks in Miami know what makes money and it's not jazz... not on Carnival. The jazz trios have been replaced, pretty much, by salsa trios'.

Why can't we compromise...why cant we have a Latin jazz band, to include some salsa. Problem solved.

You said the key word and that is '...not on Carnival' Yes ma'am you are right Jazz lounges are not a selling point for Carnival but for other cruise, YES! And I am kicking myself in the a** for not doing my homework. I have never ever thought of doing Norwegian Cruise Line, but I found out today after listening their adverstisement, they have a jazz/blues lounge featured on the EPIC. And as I was just minutes away from becoming a platinum member, I guess I will never know. Because Carnival just confirmed they are more interested in catering to a specific group to make money. Well you have to go where the money is...

BTW, the red fruit punch saying..... was a joke.

Archived