Ultimate drink card=free virgin drinks?

Details

Does anyone know the availability of apple juice on the ship? It is all my little one will drink!

You may want to consider purchasing a sleeve of apple juice boxes for your little one before boarding the ship. That way you have it available for anytime of the day without waiting for delivery from room service. Also convienient for day tripping.

My husband and I also bring a case of water on board by checking it with our luggage - just tape a luggage tage along with extra packing tape to keep the case secure and it arrives in our room with the luggage.:)

We used ours to purchase smoothies in the sanctuary and was not charged, large glass. We used it for milkshakes at the ice cream parlor. We had frozen banana chocolate drink, lots of other mocktails -no charge. We thought it was worth it and would purchase it again. DH could order a soda at dinner or get one when he wanted as well. You did have to show your card to be served, we were on the Ruby last month.

Never heard about the frozen banana chocolate drink before. Is there a menu of the different drinks available.

In the Sanctuary do you pay for food? Is it hard to get a place to sit?

There is a charge for the sanctuary, when you purchase, you are reserving your spot for the morning, or the afternoon, or for all day. Different prices depending on if you want half day or full day there.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you purchase the UKP per day? or do you have to purchase it for the whole week? Im thinking I may just want it for sea days.

No, you must buy it for the entire length of the cruise. For us, it was 10 days, and I did not feel that I got my money's worth. Would not buy it again, and will just stick to the Coke card.

Can you purchase the UKP per day? or do you have to purchase it for the whole week? Im thinking I may just want it for sea days.

No, you can't purchase it per day, but when you do purchase it, you are purchasing it for the rest of your cruise (i.e. if you purchase it on the 3rd day of your cruise, you will pay for that day and all remaining days..).

Mike

One of the other "mocktails" hubby was offered last week on the Crown was a Dirty Banana - described as cream, banana, chocolate and whipped cream on top.

Unfortunately, this was the 6th day and he never had the opportunity to give it a try!

Thanks everyone for your help. It would be much easier if he loved orange juise instead!!

I have the same problem DS is now 7 and still prefers apple juice to pretty much anything else. Plus, he is picky about the type. "Is this the AJ I like?" is his usual question. Onboard all "juices" are liquid concentrates out of cans that they mix with water to make the "juice". Sometimes, if they've only made one cup's worth for him (dining room), they have got the mix wrong and its either too strong or too weak!

I always pack a couple of packages of individual serving tetra packs of apple juice. I can take them in my bag on shore excursions, take them up to the pool, etc. They don't need to be refridgerated, and are the "right size".

Plus, when they are gone, there is space in the luggage for souveniers!

I sailed the Island Princess last week and bought the UKP sticker. For those thinking you can get a mocktail and spike it with your own rum you can't. They confiscate any liquor you bring on board except wine. The bars are a major profit center and they want to protect that revenue. You can only get one drink at a time so you can't order for all your friends unless you do it one at a time which isn't really doable. You can walk past a bar and get a mocktail then go to another bar and get another one but that definatly slows down any abuse of the card. I occasionally ordered a mocktail to share with DH but that was an exception. I don't think the mocktail cost was a good value for me because i didn't use it often, the drinks have a gazillion calories and diet coke has none so next time the coke card will be enough for me.

I sailed the Island Princess last week and bought the UKP sticker. For those thinking you can get a mocktail and spike it with your own rum you can't. They confiscate any liquor you bring on board except wine. The bars are a major profit center and they want to protect that revenue. You can only get one drink at a time so you can't order for all your friends unless you do it one at a time which isn't really doable. You can walk past a bar and get a mocktail then go to another bar and get another one but that definatly slows down any abuse of the card. I occasionally ordered a mocktail to share with DH but that was an exception. I don't think the mocktail cost was a good value for me because i didn't use it often, the drinks have a gazillion calories and diet coke has none so next time the coke card will be enough for me.

Actually in the vast majority of cases you can. Princess is not that strict and many many people bring alcohol on board. You just put it in your packed suitcase. If you openly carry it on board, you will get it taken and given back to you at the end of the cruise. You have to use discretion and add the alcohol it in your cabin, not bring your bottle to the bar.

The apple juice is part of the UKP package. Its one of the reasons I buy it for my grandson. He LOVES juice - apple and cranberry especially. Just show the card and they'll bring it to you, in a large glass if you ask. The same for the hot chocolate.

I think the mocktails my kids ordered were $3.50 apiece, which is pretty reasonable. For us, paying $9 plus gratuity per day per kid was insane; it wasn't cost effective because there was no way they needed three mocktails a day and we are not soda drinkers. Hot chocolate was not an extra charge in the MDR, either, and that's what they liked with their breakfast. The UKP is not designed to be shared, either, from what I understand.

Does anyone know if this can be pre-purchased prior to departure? My DH is a big soda drinker and also loves milkshakes. I'm going to pre-purchase my coffee card (my weakness) and would like to pre-purchase the ultimate drink card for him.

Does anyone know if this can be pre-purchased prior to departure? My DH is a big soda drinker and also loves milkshakes. I'm going to pre-purchase my coffee card (my weakness) and would like to pre-purchase the ultimate drink card for him.

No, you can only buy all of them when you board (including your coffee card)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone know how much sodas and/or water is on the CB? I'm considering just taking a 12 pack of sprite and coke and foregoing the card all together. Even $5 a day pp for unlimited pop is pretty excessive, I don't drink THAT much soda.

Archived