Ultimate drink card=free virgin drinks?

Details

Is the ultimate card available on the smaller ships, that don't have the ice-cream parlour, i.e Pacific Princess.

My dd loves hot chocolate and milk shakes, but will she be able to get them on the smaller ship.

Babs

Crown Princess June 2007

Navigator of the Seas February 2008

Emerald Princess August 2008

Grand Princess May 2009

upcoming Pacific Princess July 2010

Babs - If your cruise is anything like mine (in May) you won't be on board that much during the day. I doubt the card would be worthwhile.

I have been a "Friend Of Bill W." for 15 years. I have usually purchased the soda sticker on previous cruises but I am going to purchase The Ultimate sticker on my cruise on the Ruby next week. After a while I need a break from soda and I can enjoy the mocktail of the day while DW enjoys the cocktail of the day. I do have a question. Has anyone observed bartenders being "slow to get to" the passengers with the soda or ultimate stickers since there won't be a gratuity involved in helping that passanger? I guess it would be understandable if they wanted to get that cocktail for a passanger so they will spend more at the bar than for me since I already paid for my sticker maybe 6 days earlier.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know this: It sounds like the price of the UDC is 9 dollars per day. We are going on a 10 day cruise. Can we wait until the 3rd day of the cruise, and only pay 9 dollars per day for the remaining days, or do you still pay the total 90 dollars?

Thanks

I believe you pay for the full cruise no matter when you buy it.

But the good news is the price is now $7/day plus the 15% tip.

2294319890016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

The UKP, as I fondly call it, is a highlight of the cruise for me! You just flash your card, and the bartenders kindly make any virgin drink you want! Nothing to sign, nothing to keep track of! You do have to buy it for the whole cruise, so you want to buy it at the very beginning to get the most bang for your buck! You've gotta get it; enjoy!

I have been a "Friend Of Bill W." for 15 years. I have usually purchased the soda sticker on previous cruises but I am going to purchase The Ultimate sticker on my cruise on the Ruby next week. After a while I need a break from soda and I can enjoy the mocktail of the day while DW enjoys the cocktail of the day. I do have a question. Has anyone observed bartenders being "slow to get to" the passengers with the soda or ultimate stickers since there won't be a gratuity involved in helping that passanger? I guess it would be understandable if they wanted to get that cocktail for a passanger so they will spend more at the bar than for me since I already paid for my sticker maybe 6 days earlier.

Never had a problem at the bar but in the theater they never seem to return with the drink after they take the order. I don't usually see the shows so it hasn't been a problem. On CB I usually sit at a table in front of Tradewinds all day. If the staff is attentive and they usually are I will tip my waiter at the end of my stay. I also tip the staff in the buffet if they get me a beverage from the bar while I am eating.

But the good news is the price is now $7/day plus the 15% tip.

2294319890016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

I have a page from the princess web site that states i is 8.05 per person per day.

which is 7.00 plus 15% (1.05) (well doh!!)

We will be sailing on Star in two weeks. If we purchase an ultimate card can we drink free virgin margaritas, pina coladas, etc.? Does the card just cover soda and juices? What exactly does this card cover? Thanks in advance.

DH and I were just on the Coral and had the Ultimate soda card for each of us. We had mocktails, (virgin Mary's, margaritas) We also enjoyed hot choclate and wonderful milkshakes. The milkshakes were from the Ice Cream Bar where you would get the no charge soft serve but the shakes were made from the regular ice cream. You would probably have to average 2 + drinks a day to have it pay. Some days it was a bargain and others we didn't use it enough but did enjoy the convenience.

It's worth noting that if you book the sanctuary it covers all the smoothies and juices on the sanctuary menu as well (not the bottled stuff) including the absolutely delicious fruit punch.

DH and I were just on the Coral and had the Ultimate soda card for each of us. We had mocktails, (virgin Mary's, margaritas) We also enjoyed hot choclate and wonderful milkshakes. The milkshakes were from the Ice Cream Bar where you would get the no charge soft serve but the shakes were made from the regular ice cream. You would probably have to average 2 + drinks a day to have it pay. Some days it was a bargain and others we didn't use it enough but did enjoy the convenience.

My husband and I always get the Ultimate Drink Card which DOES include the sodas, mocktails (anything without alcohol), milkshakes, smoothies, etc. We absolutely love this option and wish that ALL cruiselies offered it.

I did not know about the sanctuary, because we have not been in there before, but I think that we might be on there for a half day or two on our upcoming cruise, so thanks for that information!

So the soda card also includes virgin margaritas and daquiris, and pina coladas too?!

I WISH SOMEONE TOLD ME THIS! i thought it was only soda! I guess I have been hiding under a rock for the past couple years! :O

No the soda sticker is soda.

The UKP sticker (considerably more$$) includes all the rest. ;)

I think the UKP is a great deal! I do drink alcohol, but dont need it to have a good time....(where have I heard that before..:p) AND when you consider the price of a drink is about $8.00 EACH, the UKP will for sure be worth it. I will definately be purchasing the UKP on our cruise in January on the Golden!!:D

I am booked on the Grand b to b 14 day {7+7] under one booking # . Do they sell drink pg for 7 day or 14 . If 14 do you get a new sticker for your new card for week two?

Usually a different sticker color for each cruise and sold seperatly at least in our experience. ;)

We bought ultimate drink card stickers for both of our daughters (ages 11 and 14) on the Island Princes in 2009 (Panama Canal) and 2011 (Alaska). They loved the freedom of being able to order and "pay" for their own drinks. They often ordered in the theater and received their drinks without any problem. The youngest liked to go to the bar and order and bring it back to the theater. The size and shape of the glass the drink came in often varied -- I don't think it's a mocktail vs. cocktail thing.

How pickey are they with the sticker or card. I have 2 DD ages (4 and 2) and would not want to purchase this for them but purchase it for DW or myself and share it with all. Is this someting that can be done or not?

How tight is ordering multiple drinks from different locations.

How pickey are they with the sticker or card. I have 2 DD ages (4 and 2) and would not want to purchase this for them but purchase it for DW or myself and share it with all. Is this someting that can be done or not?

How tight is ordering multiple drinks from different locations.

The stickers are bought per person, so you are asking if it's okay to steal drinks. I doubt anyone will advise you that it's okay to do that.

That said, if we are talking about a drink or two throughout the cruise, then nobody will catch on that you gave one or two drinks away. (But you are only going to be able to get one soda with the card at a time, so you'll have to go to different bars to get them.)

If we're talking about all day every day, then everyone is going to need their own card.

The stickers are bought per person, so you are asking if it's okay to steal drinks. I doubt anyone will advise you that it's okay to do that.

That said, if we are talking about a drink or two throughout the cruise, then nobody will catch on that you gave one or two drinks away. (But you are only going to be able to get one soda with the card at a time, so you'll have to go to different bars to get them.)

If we're talking about all day every day, then everyone is going to need their own card.

Thank you for the advise, and this was really only going to be used for the kids. Since, I don't drink any soda it would not do me any good and my DW might have one here and there. But mainly, so the kids can get a shake or mocktail.

Not sure how cost effective it is or not to purchase.

Archived