LIVE: Ruby Princess Part 2 March 30th 2010

Colo Cruiser

We spent pretty much the whole day yesterday at the aft pool. After the rain it turned out to be an awesome day at sea. I forgot to say we saw whales leaving Antigua Tuesday. What a sight.

Today is the most traveled luncheon in Sabatini’s. We did not make the cut for top 3 as 3rd place was 600+ days. I love the luncheon though, such an excellent presentation and food.

Last night was formal night. We went to Skywalkers for Margaritas and Guacamole. We skipped the CC party and headed to dinner at 8:15. Also skipped the lobster tails as I have had my fill. Escargot and a salad preceding the beef Wellington (medium) and it was excellent. Carrot cake for dessert. I am too the point where my appetite has not caught up with me. Isn’t it amazing we eat anyway!!

Did some shopping after dinner and to the cabin for an early night.

Last sea day today.

Today looks like another great day at the aft pool.

More later…. :D

I am too the point where my appetite has not caught up with me. Isn’t it amazing we eat anyway!!

Ahh...I see you have the infamous "Cruising Appetite Syndrome". It manifests itself by forcing a cruiser to eat every time he or she feels just a little less "full". Just give in. From what I understand, there is no cure.

The Most Traveled luncheon was excellent. The wine was flowing (Chateau St Michelle) for me and for the appetizer it was Beef Carpaccio.

The main course was Double Impact Surf and Turf.

Lobster filet and Pine nut crusted lamb that melted in your mouth.

And I thought I was done with lobster and lamb!! :eek:

We sat with the Staff Captain Gavin Pears.

Captain Yeomans came for photos with everyone at the beginning then he was off to a meeting. The photo staff had the very large photos back to us by the end of lunch!

It was very nice.

Came back to the cabin to finish packing and will enjoy the rest of the afternoon on the balcony.

Hi Keith.... Unfortunately, every cruise must come to an end:(, however, it has been a wonderful experience following you throughout your whole journey and it just makes me even more anxious for ours in less than 10 days.

Safe travels home after you dock and we hope to be able to hook up with you on another cruise in the future. I'll e-mail you when we decide what our plans will be.

Joe

Hi Keith.... Unfortunately, every cruise must come to an end:(, however, it has been a wonderful experience following you throughout your whole journey and it just makes me even more anxious for ours in less than 10 days.

Safe travels home after you dock and we hope to be able to hook up with you on another cruise in the future. I'll e-mail you when we decide what our plans will be.

Joe

Thanks Joe, you guys get to leave soon too don't you!

Yes I hope we can cruise together again in the future.

Very nice out on the balcony. Calm seas and we are on the sunset side so should be nice. Had canapes delivered including the Tuxedo guys!! :D And we have peanuts from 5 Guys Burgers Ft Lauderdale to munch on too.

I am not even hungry!! Fancy that!

More later...

Finally home, unpacked, laundry started and just finished up reading Keith's "Live From". What a great job he did is describing a marvelous cruise.

Our Meet & Greets were very well attended and in all 92 names badges were handed out. In addition Keith's BW made refrigerator magnets for all of us with a picture of the Ruby and the dates of the cruise on it. At our M & G on Thursday April 1st we were treated to Tim Tams by stingau from Australia and joand452 held a gift exchange. We were honored to have the ship's personel that Keith listed as guests. I had distributed a few other invitations but due to schedules some were not able to attend. What a great staff though as all but Kirk, the Future Sales Rep, took the time to call me with their regrets!

Our Cruise Critic group was just the best ever and I hope all had as great of a cruise as I did.

I belive Keith covered all the pertinent events of the cruise so I won't bore you all by repeating them.

A couple of points that I know CCs have asked about.

- Movies show on MUTS are repeated the following day on the stateroom TVs

- If anyone is unable to climb the ladder into the swimming pool there is a lift with a chair that the deck hands operate at the Neptune's Pool Deck 15. there was a couple, both in wheel chairs, who used it several times everyday.

- For those with late flights the following tours are available. These are available for those with flights leaving FLL after 230pm or MIA after 400p or 330p from MIA for the Everglades Airboat Ride. These can only be booked onboard and you will be given paperwork on embarkation day.

- FORT LAUDERDALE BY LAND & SEA

This tour of city sights includes a cruise onboard a paddle-wheeled boat along the intracoastal Waterway. An air-conditioned bus guided journey along the beach and Las Olas Blvd. The tour will end at the airport. Departs 900am, 4 hours duration, $54 Adults, $43 Children.

- FORT LAUDERDALE BY LAND & SEA

This tour is the same as above ending at the Miami Airport. Departs 900am, 5 hours duration, $64 Adults, $51 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE

An air-conditioned bus to an airboat and then a 30 minute ride through the River of Grass. Bus back to FLL. Departs 900am, 2hrs 45 min. duration, $44 Adults, $35 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE

This tour is the same as above ending at the Miami Airport. Departs 900a, 3hrs 30 min. duration, $54 Adults, $43 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE & FLAMINGO GARDENS WILDLIFE

This tour is the same as above but also included a visit to the Flamingo Gardens and Wildlife Sanctuary including a 30 minute narrated tram ride. Departs 900a, 4 hours duration, $64 Adults, $51 Children.

- EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE & FLAMINGO GARDENS WILDLIFE

This tour is the same as above ending at the Miami Airport. Departs 900a, 5 hours duration, $74 Adults, $59 Children.

The Ruby does offer Princess EZCheck that will eliminate collecting your baggage on the pier and will let you bypass check-in at the airport. There is a $20 fee per person (plus any baggage fees as imposed by your airline of departure), your airline boarding passes will be issued onboard during the last evening of the cruise and your luggage will be transported directly from the ship to the aircraft. The charges will be to your shipboard account on the final day of the voyage. This service is available for Air Tran, American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, US Air, Jet Blue and United Airlines. There are some additional requirements so if you have questions please ask as I’m tired of typing.

To those old friends we traveled with and the new friends we made THANK-YOU and I hope to see you "on the seas" again.

Barb

Thanks Barb!!

I also wanted to mention as I wondered about it before I left home.

Southwest Airlines does not participate in the EZ check program, however as we left the terminal building there was a truck and an attendant from the company Bags To Go accepting all Southwest Luggage for $10 @ piece. They have been running this program in Ft Lauderdale for quite some time only you have to grab your own luggage and take it outside to them and they will take it to the airport for you.

Any flights after 11am. :)

I will start the picture thread very soon.

Archived