LIVE: Ruby Princess Part 2 March 30th 2010

Colo Cruiser

Hey Keith... Happy "belated" Birthday.
Thanks for the "Live" reports. I too missed this thread when you first started posting.
When you were at the Renaissance, was Grant still working at the bar ?
Glad to see that Lynda's favorite friend, Capt. "McCharming" is at the Helm.
Have a great time and tell Tamie that I said.....Nice Shoes:D

Joe

[quote name='Northender']Thanks for the lovely day. :)
Could you check the entertainment for Wheelhouse and Explorers when you get a minute.

Also, if you bring your insulated coffee mug to the IC, will they fill it with Fresh Brewed Coffee - assuming you buy the coffee card of course:)

Can't wait for the dinner report.....[/quote]

Nexus is in the Wheelhouse.
Club Fusion is the Black Hat Band, they were very good last night with the 70's night.

Yes you can fill the insulated mug.

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Yes. DH does this every morning.

I'm enjoying your LIVE FROM Keith, and am happy to report that we've had [COLOR=red]NO snow[/COLOR] since you left. None. Not that I'm suggesting a correlation, of course.;)[/quote]

Hopefully it is no more!! Thanks!

We are in St Thomas today, Crown Bay.

Some of the clouds look pretty dark. I hope it does not rain too much.
We are foregoing the shopping this time around and going to Sapphire Beach to veg.

Last night the Crown Grill was fantastic. had the Mussel Pot for an appetizer, Rack of Lamb, 8 ounce filet, 12 ounce Brazillian tail. DW had the Ribeye. For dessert we both had the dessert sampler. And a bottle of Asti for the libation.
The service was very good with Norbert being our waiter.
After we took in the 70's dance at Club Fusion then headed up to Skywalkers until about 1am. It was a great day/evening.

Well off to the IC for some coffee and almond croissants. ;)

Have a great day and we will talk later........

Hi Keith, I have found out all the officers/key staff members for our sailing on April 19 for the Transatlantic.

It appears that Andreas will be leaving and Dirk Brandt will take over as PSD.

Would you please ask Andreas if he will be on for April 19 ta and if not, tell him I am so sorry to miss him.

He is a special person just like Captain Yeomans and Generoso.

Thank you and hope you are enjoying "my cabin". :)

I had that same cabin for the TA but Princess upgraded me to a minisuite and I couldn't turn that down.

Also,thanks for contacting Andreas for me. :cool:

[quote name='cruisingpeople']Hey Keith... Happy "belated" Birthday.
Thanks for the "Live" reports. I too missed this thread when you first started posting.

Joe[/quote]
[B]Hi Joe! :p[/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Happy Birthday, Keith![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope you ended up with a nice day at Sapphire Beach. Looking foward to more . . . [/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=5]Had a great dinner at the Crown Grill. The mussel pot for an appetizer was excellent. For the main course a fantastic rack of lamb/Brazilian lobster tail/ and an 8 ounce filet filled my plate!! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]DW had the 14 ounce Ribeye which was cooked to perfection. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]A bottle of Asti was the libation choice. We had perfect service from Norbert. A great dinner!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Yesterday was St Thomas, went to the IC for coffee and pastries and watched as several dark clouds were in the area and a rain shower started. It did not last long so we walked downtown and then to Sapphire Beach. There were only 2 other ships in port 1 R type ship and a smaller HA type ship both of which were at Havensight so town was not crowded. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]We came back onboard around 3pm and staked a claim at the Terrace Pool (aft). Turned out to be a very nice day. Took in the Catholic Mass at 5:00 then up to Skywalkers for cocktails. Chips/salsa was the snack of the day along with vegetables and dip. The drink of the day was a Mojitio. The vantage of sailaway from there was really nice as the sunset was to die for. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]We went straight to dinner from there and I ordered the lobster/scallop appetizer and lamb shank for the main course. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]We watched Blind Side later on Movies Under the Stars.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Today is St Kitts and it looks a little cloudy and its not too hot so we are off to the beach!! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5] [/SIZE]

[quote name='sasysutler']been reading alot, please tell us about the dress for formal night for the men. Was told that without a tux they don't want you in MDe on Ruby in December.R? We will b[/quote]

Formal night was this past Thurs night which was a sea day and the next one is next Wed which is also a sea day.

Tux's and suits were the order of the day.
You will not be turned away from any venue with a suit, I don't know who would have told you that.
:)

on one of the other ruby threads there was this huge discussion about tuxs vs suits and had me worried, as my hubby's tux no longer fits, but has a nice dress suit. I want this cruise to be as peaceful as possible!

[quote name='cruisingpeople']Hey Keith... Happy "belated" Birthday.

Joe[/quote]

Hi Joe!! Thanks! No we remembered him from before and I did not see him but I also did not ask if he still worked there so it may have been his night off.

[SIZE=5]Today we walked around the town of St Kitts which is right at the entrance to the pier. Its very convienent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]We took a cab to the Cabrille Batik which is only about 10 minutes from the ship. It has beautiful landscaped grounds and we love going there. We did not have anything planned other then that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]When we returned to the ship we went to DaVinci for lunch and I had the Lamb Madras (curry) with rice. It was excellent. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]For dessert was the baked apple and they threw a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on too with the vanilla sauce. YUUMM.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]It has been cloudy all day and alot cooler then normal so it was quite comfortable.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]We are sitting on the balcony listening to Reggae music coming from the shore way across the bay. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]I will report back later......[/SIZE]

[quote name='vickie_bernie']I always love your live threads, it is so easy to put myself right back on board the Ruby, so thanks for taking the time.[/quote]

I agree with your thoughts :) Thanks for taking the time to post, Colo, hope you have an excellent time on the Ruby ;)

[SIZE=5]Another nice evening comes to a close onboard the Ruby Princess!! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Attended the cocktail hour in Skywalkers again. The appetizer was the Wheel of Stilton with port wine and a walnut baguette. Sandeman's 20 year old Port![/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Wait staff tells me this stuff sells for $9 a glass (small sherry type glass). It was the $2.99 special tonight. Not bad. I am not a port drinker but I managed to finish mine and part of DW's too. Not a cheese eater either but I did sample this Stilton. Very Very stong Bleu Cheese type. At least I can say I tried it. :D [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Dropped down to Adagio before dinner and listened to Ron Coleman (piano) for awhile while eating stuffed olives. love those jalepeno ones.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]I keep forgeting to say that the elevators are working flawlessly on this cruise. There seems to be one right there as soon as I press a button. Even going to 18 or all the way down to 6 I am impressed. Hope its not a fluke.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]I did see them standing on top of one on deck 7 earlier today working on it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Dinner was quick. I had my standing order of 2 escargot, the HW made some spaghetti with oil and garlic. Awesome![/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]I skipped the main course which DW had the shrimp kabob. I had a nibble and they were very good.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Had the coffee crem brulee with a apple struedle. (yes I had 2). It was the least I could do. :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]We then headed up to Explorers to see the comedian/magicain Tony Laffan at 10:30. It was OK, just not my thing. He reminds me alot of a cross between Lorenzo Clark and James Michael. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]That was it for this great day in the Caribbean.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Tomorrow morning Barbados at 9:00am-6:00pm. heading to the beach.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Internet is lightning fast tonight but still composing ahead of time then cut/paste. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Goodnight all. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Colo Cruiser'][SIZE=5]Sandeman's 20 year old Port![/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Wait staff tells me this stuff sells for $9 a glass (small sherry type glass). It was the $2.99 special tonight. [/SIZE][SIZE=5] [/SIZE][/quote]

That is a great deal, I love the Sandeman's port and the $2.99 deal was extra special, normally the lounge offers it for $4.99 for Platinum/Elite - wish I was there to enjoy a glass or two

Archived