LIVE: Ruby Princess Part 2 March 30th 2010

Colo Cruiser

[SIZE=5][COLOR=deepskyblue]HAPPY EASTER[/COLOR]!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Now docked in Barbados! It was a tight fight with the Royal at our stern and the EOTS on the opposite side. I know last time we were here on a Sunday the town was locked up tight. And with today being Easter Sunday I doubt anything will be open.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]We are headed off to the beach. Looks like a high of 80 today, very pleasant. Lot of cloud cover.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Have a great day and I will return later...[/SIZE]

And a [B][COLOR=magenta]H[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]A[/COLOR][COLOR=sandybrown]P[/COLOR][COLOR=green]P[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]Y [/COLOR][COLOR=red]E[/COLOR][COLOR=deepskyblue]A[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]S[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]T[/COLOR][COLOR=purple]E[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]R[/COLOR][/B] to you and yours Colo. Enjoy your beach day, and thanks again for checking in. ;)

Happy Easter Colo! And thank you for this live thread - I look forward to it every day. Last year on the Ruby we forgot to pre order the escargot and never saw it on the menu. Would you happen to know if you can pre order the escargot if you have anytime dining?

What is the musical entertainment in the piazza area? On last spring's TA there was a group of Hungarian musicians who may have been brothers--they were fabulous. They played piano, violin, cello, and guitar. Sometimes it was just one of them, sometimes all five of them. I don't remember the name of the group. I'd be so happy if they're onboard again.

Colorado, What a great site. I am Evergreen/Aspen ex. Booked on Ruby TA April 19. Not on Princess for 10 yrs. Especially appreciate your food commentaries. You have to preorder your escargot with your waiter nite before? Hope its as good as Celebritys. Would love to see a recap of your favorite Ruby foods, activities,etc.at end of cruise. Is Terrace pool swimable. I remember dip aft pools. Many thanks.

Love your LIVE FROM--Photos and descriptions are great--a few years ago we were at a table with a lady that ordered for the whole table escargot her way with melted parmesan on top--WONDERFUL !!!

Enjoy your Easter, today--A few years ago we left SJ on Easter week-end--guess we left on Saturday/Sunday (can't remember which)--For the shoppers it was a problem OSJ was pretty much closed on good Friday--Our favorite restaurant was open--There was a real fear of jewelry stores being closed when we reach St. Thomas by the serious shoppers--There was a concern about shopping on Easter Monday--have to admit I had never heard of Easter Monday in my life--now I know.

Nancy:D

In the land of the cruise ships... the man with Tim Tams in his cabin is KING...LOL

I am also onboard at the moment and am having a great time... But I will pay for it when I get back... the PTI's will ride me for putting on even more weight.

You have to try the macadamia ice cream.... i want to take a cple of gallons home with me

In the land of the cruise ships... the man with Tim Tams in his cabin is KING...LOL

I am also onboard at the moment and am having a great time... But I will pay for it when I get back... the PTI's will ride me for putting on even more weight.

You have to try the macadamia ice cream.... i want to take a cple of gallons home with me

I think you might be taking some "home with you" LOL :p

(Still trying to lose the weight from a February cruise so I know whereof I speak :D )

Happy Easter Colo! And thank you for this live thread - I look forward to it every day. Last year on the Ruby we forgot to pre order the escargot and never saw it on the menu. Would you happen to know if you can pre order the escargot if you have anytime dining?

Yes you can, just talk to the Head Waiter 24 hours in advance. :D

I have seen quite a few references to Tim Tams. Need an explanation here:) How do I get some:confused:

Yes Target!!

And Stingau brought some to the M&G and I gave one to John the waiter and he loved them. I think the one I had was rasberry or something like that. Best part covered in chocolate. :D

Greetings!! We had a great day at Rockley Beach here in Barbados. We walked out of the terminal at the pier around 10:30 and into town (about 1 mile) which was locked up tight as I figured.

We paid $1.50 each way for a one way token on the city bus to Rockley Beach (about 5 miles) which was highly talked about on the ports board. The bus dropped us off right at the beach.

The beach is beautiful, you know one of those postcard shots. We rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for $15. There is an area where you can get drinks and some food. The water was warm with slight waves. We had clouds all day but don’t let that fool you, it will burn!.

Stayed there until 3:30 then grabbed another bus back to Bridgetown. We were back at the pier by 4:00. We had to take the free pier shuttle back to the ship as we were the furthest away. A nice cold washcloth as we entered the ship. I met the Staff Captain Gavin Pears as we boarded, nice chap.

Now back in the cabin getting cleaned up for sailaway and Skywalkers. Tonight is Brezza Marina for the drink, Herb-Marinated Goat Cheese with crisp Rosemary Flatbread and Tomato Bruschetta. Hey I don’t make this up I just partake!!

Anyhoo hope you are enjoying the ramblings.

Later…..

I recognized STINGAU on the street in ST Thomas and he bestowed upon me an Aussie key chain because I recognized him!! ;) Very nice and I know have it in the strap of my camera bag. :D

Oh and the Tim Tams at the M&G!! Man are they good!!

Love your LIVE FROM--Photos and descriptions are great--a few years ago we were at a table with a lady that ordered for the whole table escargot her way with melted parmesan on top--WONDERFUL !!!

Enjoy your Easter, today--A few years ago we left SJ on Easter week-end--guess we left on Saturday/Sunday (can't remember which)--For the shoppers it was a problem OSJ was pretty much closed on good Friday--Our favorite restaurant was open--There was a real fear of jewelry stores being closed when we reach St. Thomas by the serious shoppers--There was a concern about shopping on Easter Monday--have to admit I had never heard of Easter Monday in my life--now I know.

Nancy:D

I can verify they are still as good as ever!!! :D

OK, Keith, you have managed to do what we never have, which is get a bus TO Rockley. We were under the impression that the northbound buses leave from a different terminal than the southbound (Rockley) ones...just where was that terminal in town for the bus to Rockley? We have taken a bus back from Rockley into Bridgetown, but disembarked it before we made it all the way to its terminus. Please enlighten me.

The weather at home continue to be warm (no snow), but very windy. It's getting a bit tiresome. Cold with a chance of snow/rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. Vail Pass has been closed a couple of times with multi-car pile ups due to snow. Springtime in the Rockies.

Colorado, What a great site. I am Evergreen/Aspen ex. Booked on Ruby TA April 19. Not on Princess for 10 yrs. Especially appreciate your food commentaries. You have to preorder your escargot with your waiter nite before? Hope its as good as Celebritys. Would love to see a recap of your favorite Ruby foods, activities,etc.at end of cruise. Is Terrace pool swimable. I remember dip aft pools. Many thanks.

I would say the aft pool is about 15 feet square. Not a dip pool but not a full length either.

OK, Keith, you have managed to do what we never have, which is get a bus TO Rockley. We were under the impression that the northbound buses leave from a different terminal than the southbound (Rockley) ones...just where was that terminal in town for the bus to Rockley? We have taken a bus back from Rockley into Bridgetown, but disembarked it before we made it all the way to its terminus. Please enlighten me.

The weather at home continue to be warm (no snow), but very windy. It's getting a bit tiresome. Cold with a chance of snow/rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. Vail Pass has been closed a couple of times with multi-car pile ups due to snow. Springtime in the Rockies.

When you walk out of the terminal (pier) walk straight into town. You will pass the first bus terminal on the left, thats not the right one. You will come to the canal. Cross over the canal at the second bridge and the other bus terminal is right across that bridge. We caught the bus back there again and just walked the mile back to the terminal, most of it is along that boardwalk type path anyway. No bus from Rockley crosses that bridge in either direction. :)

Thanks for the weather report, that means everything will be dried out again. :rolleyes:

Why don't you come over and join our great roll call? :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=968653

Why don't you come over and join our great roll call? :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=968653

Yes, please join us. You are not on our roll call yet and we would love to have you join our Ruby FLAMES group on April 19.

We have several group activities planned and will be inviting Captain McCharming as our guest of honour at our Meer and Greet.

Looking forward to seeing you. :)

Colo;

Just saw your "Live From" thread. Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I just spent the last several moments catching up on all the posts. Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Good morning from St Lucia!

Very cloudy morning and looks as if it will rain very soon.

For dinner last night I had the Rack O Baa. Man all I can say is melt in your mouth. :D I had to have another. We went to Explorers again after dinner and saw Impressionist Jason Neistadt. he is very good and does many many impressions.

Called it a night after that.

They did 3 Chefs tables this cruise. In case anyone wants to know. Generoso says the interest has not dropped at all for it and continues to have to turn people away. So if you want to do it get on and sign up ASAP.

I will return later......

Archived