LIVE: Ruby Princess Part 2 March 30th 2010

Colo Cruiser

Also confirmed the after 8pm happy hour with several beers, well drinks and 3 specialty Pina Colada/Singapore Sling and can't remember the 3rd. its a great deal and I am glad Princess is offering these.

Keith - do you know what brand of beers this covers?

Will be avidly reading your daily live reviews. It was freezing here tonight in SoFL - but I think it is supposed to warm up for you tomorrow. Have a wonderful time!

What is the definition of freezing...lol. 50 Deg or -5 deg.

Keith - do you know what brand of beers this covers?

Chris,

At that price your going to be picky.:D I'm used to drinking fuel oil and water so whatever it is it works for me.:eek:

How many days left for you and we are right behind you.

John

Chris,

At that price your going to be picky.:D I'm used to drinking fuel oil and water so whatever it is it works for me.:eek:

How many days left for you and we are right behind you.

John

John,

My favorite kind of beer is FREE.... I get picky when I have to pay :D

We late seating (8:15) and have a table for 2 in Botticelli (deck 6) near the aft facing windows. Generoso was at the door and later made his rounds in the DR.

Last night had the Spring Rolls/shrimp cocktail and Prime Rib, medium rare.

It was excellent. Floating Islands in vanilla sauce and Bananas Foster for dessert.

Good day from Princess Cays!! Perfect weather and flat calm seas.

Captain Yeomans came on the PA around 8:30 and advised what the procedure would be for tendering and the weather report.

Grabbed a light breakfast in the HC and hit the first tender at about 9:15. Went to the left (Bungalow side) and found some loungers under a large shade structure. That’s where we stayed until 2:30. Nice cool breeze and temp was maybe 75 all day with very few clouds. We hit the BBQ for burgers etc. A great day. Received the cold wash cloth upon returning to the ship. A very nice touch.

Back onboard now. Breaking out the Amarula (South Africa) for an afternoon drink.

We found our cabin in pristine readiness for our arrival upon embarkation and Stewart/Enrique has been perfect. We even received an Elephant towel animal when we returned from the island, a nice touch.

Later……..

Colo, Somehow I missed this thread, and didn't even realize you were posting from your ship. Spring cleaning must have gotten the best of me here.:eek:

Glad you arrived safely, and thanks for all the pics. Love the Koi pond pictures from Embassy Suites, we will be there in a little over a month to see it again for ourselves.

Enjoy your sailing, and I will check back often for updates. ;)

Hey Colo Cruiser: Off the topic, but I had favorited the link to Cruise Critics page of your pics of the Golden and your Alaskan cruise. Now when I got to that link/page, the pics are gone and it says they've been removed. Do you know what happened? I love to look at them to salivate for my upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Golden!! Thanks!

Hey Colo Cruiser: Off the topic, but I had favorited the link to Cruise Critics page of your pics of the Golden and your Alaskan cruise. Now when I got to that link/page, the pics are gone and it says they've been removed. Do you know what happened? I love to look at them to salivate for my upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Golden!! Thanks!

The link to the Alaska photos is broken now, probably because I posted the new photos on this thread. Sorry. I think it used too much bandwith?

Thanks for the lovely day. :)
Could you check the entertainment for Wheelhouse and Explorers when you get a minute.

Also, if you bring your insulated coffee mug to the IC, will they fill it with Fresh Brewed Coffee - assuming you buy the coffee card of course:)

Can't wait for the dinner report.....

Thank you for posting live. If you see Generosso again tell him hello and thank you for us. We miss the Captain's morning announcements. Good for you for finding the drink specials, too bad we did not have them or find them on our cruise.
Can't wait till we can book our next Princess Cruise. Hope this is another "best" cruise for you. We have friends getting ready to go and we are so anxious for them to get on the ship! I miss the frozen chocolate banana drinks, better have one soon and make sure they put whip cream on top, so refreshing! Glad you had a perfect day in Princess Cays. Can't wait to read more.

[SIZE=5]Good afternoon everyone, it’s a lazy sea day today and we woke up to sun and warmer temps.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Last night for dinner had the seafood appetizer with small scallops/green lipped mussels/crab meat, I also had 2 orders of escargot that were ordered the night before. (man are they the bomb!!)and for the main course I had veal scaloppini with mashed potatoes. The mashed were awesome and very hot temp wise. For dessert a small 5 inch birthday cake was brought out and you guessed it they sang to me. I was going to get the Tiramisu but the BD cake trumped that and it was very rich.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]We hit the 10:30pm Comedian Show with Cary Long, he was pretty good. That was in the Explorers Lounge. we arrived 30 minutes early and there were lots of seats available but it did fill up by show time. As we waited I spoke at length with CD James Ibrahim. Very nice guy who hails from Melbourne, Aus. I found that we went to school there very close to each other only I was many years before him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Today we had our M&G at 1:00PM in Skywalkers. It was attended by about 50-60 of our roll call. Capt Yeomans/PSD Andreas Pitsch/MD Generoso Mazzone/The First Purser F&B/2 of the new Sommeliers who just recently came onboard. We also had a gift exchange between 11 people. They all spent about 1 hour with us mingling and talking to everyone. It was very nice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Let it be noted that if you can schedule any future Meet & Greets at 11:00 AM rather then in the afternoon it would be very much appreciated by the Captain/PSD/ ETC. Afternoons are very difficult as they have many activities and duties planned at that time.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Tonight it is the first formal night, and we are invited to partake in the Crown Grill by Generoso. We are looking forward to the Rack O Lamb/Lobster tails and mussel appetizers. It has steadily got more cloudy and windy as the day had gone on. Little chop and gentle rocking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]The beds are very, very good and I am not just saying that. There is no sag in the middle and the 2 types of pillows we have are very comfy. We asked for a top sheet and asked Enrique to take the bed spread off the bed. He ranks up with some of the best we have had.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]More later……[/SIZE]

[quote name='Northender']Also, if you bring your insulated coffee mug to the IC, will they fill it with Fresh Brewed Coffee - assuming you buy the coffee card of course.[/quote]
Yes. DH does this every morning.

I'm enjoying your LIVE FROM Keith, and am happy to report that we've had NO snow since you left. None. Not that I'm suggesting a correlation, of course.;)

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Yes. DH does this every morning.

I'm enjoying your LIVE FROM Keith, and am happy to report that we've had NO snow since you left. None. Not that I'm suggesting a correlation, of course.;)[/quote]

Thanks, P/A.. DH has promised me that same.....:) Now to find that darn cup:eek:

Archived