new prices

sawsea27

we have done well over 30 cruises, most with celebrity...and our last was on the journey...

we thoroughly enjoyed it....

so we booked for next february....but azamara has priced us out...the same cruise was double the price....yes even with gratuities included...wine means nothing to us....

we are sorry to say that there were many like us who felt that although we loved our cruise, we would not longer be able to sail azamara...

recently I see they are attempting to soften the blow of the increased prices by offering OBC's..and reduced airfare....

so perhaps there will be some rethinking of the price structure as well....

but I see that the 14 days will now be 10 or 7 for a great deal more....

it is too bad we decided to try azamara when it is no longer affordable for us...

Hi Sawsea !

Thanks for your post. We have had a great deal of discussion on this topic, and many past Azamara Guests are unhappy with the new pricing structure. Sadly, I'm one of them, as I feel that current pricing leaves Azamara with challenges to fill their ships. With that said, I certainly cant blame Azamara for trying price increases. I can afford to sail on Azamara, but I do not see myself paying a 50% premium for Azamara over Celebrity, as I am very happy with Celebrity's product. For me, while there is no doubt Azamara offers an upgraded product over Celebrity, I'd rather take an extra cruise or 2 per year, and spend the same amount, with Celebrity. I'm more than willing to pay a premium to sail Azamara, but not as much as current pricing demands.

I feel it's important to say, that while prices may be high today, things can always change. It's all about supply and demand. If Azamara can keep their ships full... prices will likely stay at current levels, or increase. If they cannot keep their ships full, then expect prices to drop, or at the very least, expect more agressive promotions. Only time will tell if that will happen.

The bottom line is, one should always be a smart consumer, and keep checking prices. I'm sure you will find a Cruise line that will make you happy. Good Luck !

It's simple. They've raised the prices. Now they must create a demand for their product. If that doesn't happen, then prices will go down. It's simple economics...supply and demand. It may take a period of adjustment until people become aware of the upcoming changes. People will be the judge of whether the new changes warrant the hefty price increases...or if they are willing to afford the new fares. I used to stay at a very nice hotel in Bermuda. Loved it. However, when the prices skyrocketed, I went elsewhere. I still remember it fondly, but have moved on. I still get mail from the hotel...maybe someday if the prices go down. If not, oh well,,,it was nice! There are lots of nice places and cruise ships that will fit my needs...and make me happy. I've never had a bad time on a cruise. I may be more able to afford luxury now, but I also had a great time when I wasn't able to pay high prices. I have my limits on value. If you raise prices, then you have to increase value to match. Interested to see if the new Club is any better....time will tell.

I used to stay at a very nice hotel in Bermuda. Loved it. However, when the prices skyrocketed, I went elsewhere. I still remember it fondly, but have moved on. I still get mail from the hotel...maybe someday if the prices go down. If not, oh well,,,it was nice! l.

It wasn't the Rosedon, was it? If so, it is still one of our favorite hotels we have ever stayed in.

If you search the online travel agencies (they advertise on this site) you will see that one of them still has deals for Asia next Feb. and March. That is why we are going.

Other than that the new prices are out of our reach.

yes will keep watching the prices...and will take the opportunity to sail azamara again if they go down to no more than 20% over what we paid this year...that would allow for what they are now including...

We were on the May 2009 Azamara Journey. It was the Western Europe itinerary from Barcelona to Copenhagen. This year the price is twice as much as what we paid for a balcony cabin.

We would like to sale on Azamara again but unless the pricing moderates, we will not sailing with this line again.

Speaking of supply and demand...I was looking at the cruise I am on departing on the 9th of May...It looks like me and my pal will be alone on the ship:o...no, seriously they are having trouble booking the ship...and the previous week departing on May 2nd has almost all the suites open...I think only one of the large suites(whatever they call them these days) is booked...so, perhaps everyone has something there. I will see where things stand come May...and will let everyone know how it goes. Maybe will will get an upgrade:o:p...yeah, not holding my breath. Anyway, they are boosting the deals trying to get people on board.

Speaking of supply and demand...I was looking at the cruise I am on departing on the 9th of May...It looks like me and my pal will be alone on the ship:o...no, seriously they are having trouble booking the ship...and the previous week departing on May 2nd has almost all the suites open...I think only one of the large suites(whatever they call them these days) is booked...so, perhaps everyone has something there. I will see where things stand come May...and will let everyone know how it goes. Maybe will will get an upgrade:o:p...yeah, not holding my breath. Anyway, they are boosting the deals trying to get people on board.

You will probably get the chance to play bingo for on of the high-end suites!

Sue

Hi Everyone...

Because I sail on Princess A LOT (some have said I'm a cheerleader)

I'm very cognizant of their pricing patterns. In particular..

The Pacific, Royal, and Ocean Princess' which are the sister ships to Azamara

Many times the itineraries are very similiar...I was studying several for 2011 and Azamara is pricing out much less

and that is straight across the board price, when I start number crunching

what is included with Azamara (tips, speciality coffees, etc)

Azamara is dramatically less in price and for many itineraries the port

times are far superior on Azamara

Now that I know I'm a Discoverer on Azamara, my internet benefits are BETTER on Azamara than my Elite benefit on Princess

Yes, prices have gone up and for many that's shocking!

but it's also the way life works..for those that sailed with them before

you got a great deal..just like we are getting on our B2B.

but theres no way, I would expect that the rates we received could sustain the direction they want to take the company in..

but to say/think that all of sudden AZ prices are out of whack from the rest of the industry is not really accurate.

We were on the May 2009 Azamara Journey. It was the Western Europe itinerary from Barcelona to Copenhagen. This year the price is twice as much as what we paid for a balcony cabin.

We would like to sale on Azamara again but unless the pricing moderates, we will not sailing with this line again.

supply and demand, in line or not in line....the bottom line is as queen bear says, we have been priced out....

perhaps if things had gone up gradually...but to pay double for the same thing we enjoyed a few months ago is just silly...

[SIZE=3]Hi,[/size]

We were on Azamara Journey, Caribbean, 12 nights 3/08/10. We had a great time.

We mostly cruise the Caribbean. Just to get away. I would not pay the higher price on Azarmara. Because I have so many other ships that I could sail on at a better price and still have a great time. I don't need to pay $1,000. more for the same cruise (I checked out the price for the same cruise, same time). Even if the tips are encluded, that is a lot more money to spend. I don't drink wine or much soda so I don't need that to be encluded. So as much as we liked our cruise, we will be not going on Azamara again. I don't think that Azamara is a value for our money. I would rather spend the same money on another cruise line and get a better cabin there and have just a s much fun.

Maria

I see your point, since you primarily cruise the Caribbean

I wouldn't sail AZ for the Caribbean, Panama Canal or Mexico

However, we go exotic, the more exotic the better.

We like to be where Rick Steves has never written a guidebook on and/or there won't be 20,000 passengers in port with us (think St. Thomas)

If English isn't the 3rd, 4th or 5th language spoken even better

So, when you look at those type of itineraries and compare prices AND port times to the same size ship on Princess and Oceania..

AZ at this moment is coming out ahead

Side note...... has anyone seen the new Red Sea itinerary for April 2012?? very cool! might have to combine it with the

cruise before that !!!!!

Side note...... has anyone seen the new Red Sea itinerary for April 2012?? very cool! might have to combine it with the

cruise before that !!!!!

yes, and I am so excited to have my husband come home from a business trip so he can see it...and hopefully be tempted...would be a nice anniversary gift for our 15th:)...back to back is awesome...great perks and discounts.

cruise before that !!!!!

Does that actually go through the Suez Canal? I wasn't sure since there is no picture up yet.

I am looking on the website at a 2011 European cruise - does the website price INCLUDE a $500 OBC? I am also assuming there is no type or "air credit" factored into the price since I priced it with "no air".

I see your point, since you primarily cruise the Caribbean

I wouldn't sail AZ for the Caribbean, Panama Canal or Mexico

However, we go exotic, the more exotic the better.

!

Same here.

I am looking on the website at a 2011 European cruise - does the website price INCLUDE a $500 OBC? I am also assuming there is no type or "air credit" factored into the price since I priced it with "no air".

When I called over the weekend the $500.00 OBC was only for 2010. They had $500.00 off air if you used their air program, but no pricing this far out, so doesn't mean anything right now.

I called a discount agency (cannot be named) and was told that while they can give 12% discount on Silversea, and an unspecified percentage on Oceania, they cannot give anything for Azamara, Celebrity and this group. Does anybody know anything about this?

I called a discount agency (cannot be named) and was told that while they can give 12% discount on Silversea, and an unspecified percentage on Oceania, they cannot give anything for Azamara, Celebrity and this group. Does anybody know anything about this?

If you deal with an agency that does large volume with a particular cruise line, they will probably hold group space. They can pass the savings along to you. The agency we use frequently advertises on Cruise Critic, and we have always gotten a nice discount on our Azamara bookings.

Supposedly, the RCCL lines do not permit discount by outside agencies. That being said, the outside agencies sometimes throw in things like on board credits, specialty reservations, etc. in lieu of lower prices. Sometimes these are worthwhile, other times they really have little appeal to me.

Never hurts to see what you can get, though....

This started a few years back with Royal Caribbean brands. They were no longer allowing TAs to discount their prices. Some TAs have found a way around this by offering OBC instead.

Archived