Dubrovnik shore excursion choices

CCKelly

I'm hoping that someone was on Regent last summer with Dubrovnik and can offer some advice on the shore excursion choices. We were wait listed for two tours, and they both cleared so now we will have to decide which one to do (both scheduled for the morning):

1. Seaside Resort of Cavtat & Riveria Cruise ($89 per person)

2. Historic Dubrovnik & Village Life (free) - visit a local family

Both of these excursions occur in the morning, so we will have plenty of time to visit the walls and wander around a bit on our own in the afternoon. Any thoughts on which tour might be most enjoyable?

Thanks

We picked up a cab for 3-4 hrs. and drove to Cavtat for a walk around and then into the countryside.

A walking tour is best for Dubrovnik.

On our second visit we used an acquaintance who now has a guide service. info@korkyra.info. His name is Vlado.

He lives in Korcula.

I agree with the previous posts. The boat ride we privately arranged at the dock was fun too, with beautiful views of the town--assuming you don't mind seeing nude Croatians (who generally appear to have eaten far too much burek) sunning themselves on the little island offshore...

We took the tour and left it after a short time.The walled city was so enjoyable to walk up and down the narrow streets. We found a cafe and had great coffee and people watching. We found our way to the Synagogue and some stores. They had a great number of WW2 artifacts. We walked the entire wall and found an out of the way charming cafe for a great lunch. The streets are cobblestone so wear comfortable shoes.

Thanks for all the replies and thoughts. The village visit didn't seem to thrill anyone, so we will go ahead with the visit to Cavtat in the morning, then have the afternoon (and evening if we want) for Dubrovnik. It will be a full day, but should be fun and interesting. I hope the weather cooperates. Only three weeks till our cruise!

I'm hoping that someone was on Regent last summer with Dubrovnik and can offer some advice on the shore excursion choices. We were wait listed for two tours, and they both cleared so now we will have to decide which one to do (both scheduled for the morning):

1. Seaside Resort of Cavtat & Riveria Cruise ($89 per person)

2. Historic Dubrovnik & Village Life (free) - visit a local family

Both of these excursions occur in the morning, so we will have plenty of time to visit the walls and wander around a bit on our own in the afternoon. Any thoughts on which tour might be most enjoyable?

Thanks

Am on this cruise and we are doing Dubrovnik Riviera. The destinations desk really recommends your first selection.

Hi All,

We booked the village tour. We will probably ditch the group and explore on our own if we get bored. What other tours have you booked? See the roll call thread--I posted all of ours there.

See you soon!

We did one last week and it was pretty good. We first went to Cavtat and had a walk around a delightful little town. Following that we drove to a small country restaurant besides springs and water mills with rapids gushing by and had a lovely snack of ham and cheese on home baked bread with a glass of wine.

Next went to Dubrovnik where there was a quick tour with another hour of free time. The tour returned at 1.10 to the ship. We were a bit tired and took the ship's shuttle at 12.30

I would certainly recommend this.

Miriam

We were on this tour with Emdee and really enjoyed it. Couple of tips - you need a few local coins to use the restroom in the town of Cavtat near where the bus parks. The restroom attendant took Euros as well because that was all I had. Make sure you know the schedule for the ship's shuttle service as it seemed as though there was an hour gap with no shuttle mid-day.

Archived