Warming a bottle-How

scoonrod

I'd just use the hot water from the sink. You could use the ice bucket or swipe a coffee mug from upstairs and fill it with hot water to warm the bottle. Trust me you don't want to wait on room service for the hot milk. :) The water in your bathroom sink or shower can be scalding hot.

Edited by RoadTripFanatic

Babies on a cruise HAVE to be at least 6 mos. old....just stick it under the hot water in the bathroom...time to train that baby to have cooler formula, (breastmilk is ALWAYS the right temp!!!), or eat regular food....

No need to sterilize and heat for a 6 mo. old!

Babies on a cruise HAVE to be at least 6 mos. old....just stick it under the hot water in the bathroom...time to train that baby to have cooler formula, (breastmilk is ALWAYS the right temp!!!), or eat regular food....

It's not YOUR business to tell someone WHEN to train their children or WHAT to feed them.:(

I will add that the comment about the breastmilk is completely rude... havent you ever heard if you have nothing to say that you shouldnt say anything?

Our comments will fall on deaf ears since this poster hits and runs every time.

We will be cruising on the Carnival Sensation in 2 weeks-- How does one warm a bottle of milk? Can you order warm milk thru room service? Thanks in advance for any answers and suggestions.

We are cruising with a 23 month old soon, he still gets a bottle, and he still gets it warm. I'm thinking of either putting the bottle in ice bucket with hot water for 10 minutes, or just running up to the buffet and get a bit of boiling water into the bottle.

A travel bottle warmer would definitely come in handy if you don't want to wait for tap water to heat the bottle or for room service to bring you warm milk. I used to have one made by Playtex, which would use tap water to heat the bottle quickly. I loved it.

I'm assuming this is for a toddler, since your asking for warm milk. After baby #3, I finally learned to feed my babies room temperature formula (using powdered formula and tap water). As for having warm milk, just gradually serve it cooler and cooler. Ds #2 had a very hard time transitioning milk drinking from the bottle to the cup, even though he drank water from a cup. The pediatrician told me to only offer milk in a cup as a beverage - thirst is a VERY strong motivator, and it worked.

Here's a few options

1) Order warm milk from room service. Be sure to indicate that it is for the baby so they will not make it too hot.

2) order a large carafe of hot water on the nightly room service slip to be delivered in the morning. Then alternate that hot water with cold tap water (or even room temp bottled water) to get the water temp to the right temp for the bottle. Then hide the carafe in the closet, so the room steward doesnt clean it up, so you can use it all day long.

I've done both. Either works well but having warn milk delivered takes time so you need to either plan ahead or be prepared with formula for the afternoons.

Happy Sailing :)

I must say, it is rather annoying that you consistently post in this manner. You seem to enjoy doing it which is extremely interesting, from a psychological/personality standpoint.

It would be lovely to be able to learn from you but it appears that this will never happen. One would think, after 33k posts, you would have developed some sense of manners on a board.

I know that me saying this isnt going to change you, but I have learned to ignore your fondness for having an aggressive manner, so why the heck not communicate how I feel?

Edited by sas80

I'm not talking about a six-month old. This kid will be TWO and drinking warm milk from a bottle?! I guess no Camp Carnival for him for a couple more years.

It doesn't matter how old their child is. The age of the child doesn't give you a license to be rude or judgmental. I know you know that.

To be fair, of course that is what I also first thought when I read that post. But it's none of my business and I already knew that I had no place to comment. Not to mention that no one knows if there are special/mitigating circumstances to the situation. You don't know and it isn't fair to assume.

Just my opinion.

Edited by sas80

Here's a few options

1) Order warm milk from room service. Be sure to indicate that it is for the baby so they will not make it too hot.

2) order a large carafe of hot water on the nightly room service slip to be delivered in the morning. Then alternate that hot water with cold tap water (or even room temp bottled water) to get the water temp to the right temp for the bottle. Then hide the carafe in the closet, so the room steward doesnt clean it up, so you can use it all day long.

I've done both. Either works well but having warn milk delivered takes time so you need to either plan ahead or be prepared with formula for the afternoons.

Happy Sailing :)

To add - you can also use the nightly room service slip to order your morning milk delivery. Again, after you check the box "milk" write in "please warm for the baby" so they understand the situation.

Edited by sas80

I always warmed bottles, until they didn't have bottles any longer. When we went on an all inclusive when my son was 18 months, I brought along a plug in bottle warmer - it worked perfectly - when you needed it, without having to order it from room service or go somewhere to get it warmed.

Gosh, is this another cultural difference ? It's really not at all uncommon for a 2 year old to be having a bottle of milk at night in the UK. Certainly not something that would cause the comments that have been made here.

Although I have to say, if you can get them used to room temperature it's much easier. DD has had room temperature formula from birth, we then had the opposite problem when introducing food as she didn't like anything hot at first.

Gosh, is this another cultural difference ? It's really not at all uncommon for a 2 year old to be having a bottle of milk at night in the UK. Certainly not something that would cause the comments that have been made here.

Although I have to say, if you can get them used to room temperature it's much easier. DD has had room temperature formula from birth, we then had the opposite problem when introducing food as she didn't like anything hot at first.

I think it's cultural - most take the bottle away at 1, after the sippy cup has been mastered. I did the same with formula, and fed my kids room temperature jarred food, much to my mom's horror. ;)

Perhaps it is cultural. But, my pediatrician made me believe that I was going to rot my sons teeth and give him a speech impediment if he didn't get off the bottle around 1.

In the US, it is usually recommended to stop use of milk bottles, especially at night, due to increased tooth decay found in children who are allowed to go to bed with a bottle. I worked for a pediatric dentist for quite a while, and we saw some nasty bottle mouth.

I did lots of things differently with the first, and looking back, a lot of it was for my own convenience, or because I was afraid my child would be "unhappy" if I took away the bottle/pacifier.

After the first child, that pacifier was gone at no later than six month's old, and the bottle shortly after that, and amazingly, they survived just fine. I was so "mean", I never even warmed up baby food either.

We each do what we think is best for our children.

Edited by 6rugrats