Show me your aft!

jhale

I just called today when I saw an aft balcony open up on my cruise next month and managed to snag it for $200 upgrade charge. Surprising my husband with it! He still thinks we have a regular balcony. I don't know how I'm gonna keep this secret the next 30 something days.

The pictures make me happy I decided to do it!

So, for those of you who have had the aft wraps on the Conquest class ships:

Did you miss the extra seating inside the cabin? I ask because according to all of the information that I have found, there is no sofa in the cabin, and there is only one chair to sit in. My DH is really worried that he won't have anywhere to sit. I told him not to worry about it, but . . . .

What are your thoughts?

We recently had aft balcony on Pacific Princess and really missed seeing as much as you do on a side balcony....no waves crashing on the hull, less sealife and less horizon.

While the balcony was huge, we did not have warm weather to enjoy it.

;)

Edited by carolugolini

We have an aft balcony on Deck 10 on the Radiance of the Seas in September. We are sailing from Hawaii back to Australia via Tahiti and New Zealand. Can't wait. I love looking at the wake. Any comments about the aft cabins on this ship would be appreciated. Thanks.

Karen

So, for those of you who have had the aft wraps on the Conquest class ships:

Did you miss the extra seating inside the cabin? I ask because according to all of the information that I have found, there is no sofa in the cabin, and there is only one chair to sit in. My DH is really worried that he won't have anywhere to sit. I told him not to worry about it, but . . . .

What are your thoughts?

Our aft on the Triumph (very similar to the Conquest) had a sofa in the room, it was just a smaller sofa.

Great pics but some aft or aft-wraps seem to have a 'roof' above and some don't. Could one sleep on a Liberty or Glory aft balcony and not get rained on? Thks. for any comments.

Depends on location. The lower the deck, the more cover the aft balcony has (wrap or regular). The lowest aft balcony you can get on the ship will pretty much be fully covered..no rain (or sun).

The higher you go, the more exposed you are.

Looks great, but I like to see where I'm going, not where I've been. LOL

LOL! Thought I don't disagree, you don't much see where you are going from the side either..unless you stick your head out and look forward. The aft wrap in particular has both a side view and an aft view...the best of both worlds perhaps.

Edited by Ruggled

I'll try to insert a photo but it may not work. If it does it is the Noordam wrap around balcony. Cross your fingers:

Ok I see how it works. I'll have to resize the photos as these were too big. Thanks.

Edited by norcal2

I LOVE this thread!!!! I am going to upgrade myself to an aft or aft wrap from a regular balcony! I already had this planned, but this thread just gets me more excited! DH doesn't even know that we have any type of balcony! He is going to be surprised!!!!!!:D

I am wodering which deck would be the best on the Miracle? Is this ship going to be the same as the Dream?

We've booked an aft-wrap deck cabin, #6492, for our June 11 cruise on Carnival Dream. I've heard mixed reviews about whether there are noise issues coming from the Promenade deck below (and the Burgundy Lounge). Has anyone experienced a problem with this?:confused:

We just got off of the Dream and had room 6492. IT WAS GREAT!!! The room felt a little larger than a standard balcony room. It does have a couch.

The balcony was huge and we got a lot of use out of it. It had 3 loungers, 2 chairs and 1 table. 4 of us hung out there on sea days instead of fighting for a chair on deck. Great views also!!!

The noise issue was very minimal. Mainly just people talking while looking at the ships wake, coming in and out of port and between shows in the Burgundy Lounge. Not a reason to not enjoy this room.

We did have soot on the balcony some days but also not a big deal. The balconies were washed and the steward would clean it off the carpet if we drug it in.

I also posted some additional pics to - cruiselinerooms dot com

WE WOULD GET THIS ROOM AGAIN!!!

We just got off of the Dream and had room 6492. IT WAS GREAT!!! The room felt a little larger than a standard balcony room. It does have a couch.

The balcony was huge and we got a lot of use out of it. It had 3 loungers, 2 chairs and 1 table. 4 of us hung out there on sea days instead of fighting for a chair on deck. Great views also!!!

The noise issue was very minimal. Mainly just people talking while looking at the ships wake, coming in and out of port and between shows in the Burgundy Lounge. Not a reason to not enjoy this room.

We did have soot on the balcony some days but also not a big deal. The balconies were washed and the steward would clean it off the carpet if we drug it in.

I also posted some additional pics to - cruiselinerooms dot com

WE WOULD GET THIS ROOM AGAIN!!!

Thank you so much for letting me know! Now I'm even more excited about our choice of cabin. Glad to hear you had a great cruise.

I am on the Liberty room #8455 wrap aft

How many chairs or lounges will i have?

Is there a table?

Is it even possible to play cards or is it too windy?

I only have this 1 room will 6 people on balcony be too many? Just friends visiting not staying in the room. Just for hanging out.

Thanks for all of your help.

Aft Glory, cabin 6456.

BlueGoldMacawwindow.jpg

MarknPalmbalcony.jpg

Damn, I ready for another vacation. This has been one crappy winter. :p

LOVE the palm tree decoration. My DW and I will be in a aft Vista Suite with a wrap balcony on the Pride in December (6260) and that palm tree would look sweet leaving Baltimore!

I am on the Liberty room #8455 wrap aft

How many chairs or lounges will i have?

Is there a table?

Is it even possible to play cards or is it too windy?

I only have this 1 room will 6 people on balcony be too many? Just friends visiting not staying in the room. Just for hanging out.

Thanks for all of your help.

I am next door to that room next week but hoping I can have a look at that room. Will let you know what I see. When do you go?