Show me your aft!

jhale

Carnival Pride - Aft Balcony for Cabin 7300:)

wake-bal.jpg

Pride-7300-2.jpg

Pride-7300-1.jpg

I am pretty excited after seeing your pictures! Last night, my travel agent called to say there had been a price drop on the Pride July 4 cruise. However, since I had not booked Early Saver, they would not give me any OBC . Instead they were willing to change my cabin from a regular balcony to a aft extended balcony....right near this one. I decided to try it and after reading this thread, am excited that I did. Thanks for the pictures!

Carol

I am thinking about booking this room for next May. Would you recommend? Do you know if the balcony opens up to 7463?
I would probably recommend the two adjoining cabins and not 7461. The interior of cabin 7461 is much smaller than the other aft cabins and would be cramped for 2 people, IMO - There's no room for a couch or chair for one thing. We also had cabins 7463, 7465 & 7462 which the interior was much larger than 7461 & and about 2 feet deeper than side cabins of the same type.

Our plan was to open the partitions to the balconies however when they opened the partition in between 7461 & 7463, the opened partition blocked the door leading into the interior of cabin 7463, so the ship's staff refused to allow that partition to remain open. The partitions to 7463, 7465 opened fine. I was in 7462 and although we did not open our partitions, I observed that opening them would not have cause the same problem as 7461 & 7463.

7461:

7461-A.jpg

7461-C.jpg

7462:

7462-C.jpg

7462-A.jpg

Edited by The Grumpus

I am pretty excited after seeing your pictures! Last night, my travel agent called to say there had been a price drop on the Pride July 4 cruise. However, since I had not booked Early Saver, they would not give me any OBC . Instead they were willing to change my cabin from a regular balcony to a aft extended balcony....right near this one. I decided to try it and after reading this thread, am excited that I did. Thanks for the pictures!

Carol

You'll love it Carol & well worth the switch. When I sail on Carnival Pride again, I will definitely book another aft cabin similar to this one if not the same one. Enjoy the cruise! :)

I would probably recommend the two adjoining cabins and not 7461. The interior of cabin 7461 is much smaller than the other aft cabins and would be cramped for 2 people, IMO - There's no room for a couch or chair for one thing. We also had cabins 7463, 7465 & 7462 which the interior was much larger than 7461 & and about 2 feet deeper than side cabins of the same type.

Our plan was to open the partitions to the balconies however when they opened the partition in between 7461 & 7463, the opened partition blocked the door leading into the interior of cabin 7463, so the ship's staff refused to allow that partition to remain open. The partitions to 7463, 7465 opened fine. I was in 7462 and although we did not open our partitions, I observed that opening them would not have cause the same problem as 7461 & 7463.

7461:

7461-A.jpg

7461-C.jpg

7462:

7462-C.jpg

7462-A.jpg

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you.... THAT is exactly the info I was looking for. Appreciate the quick response also:D:D.

This will be our first cruise (family of 4) and I booked 2 adjoining aft cabins on the Valor. One is a wrap-around and the other cabin is next to it, rear-facing. (#7445 & #7447)

With the connecting door open, we should have a sizeable balcony space. :D

You can check this site for pics of cabins, assuming your cabin is listed: http://www.*****/

Regards,

Wayne

Victory 7425 - the first pictures are a bit foggy...sorry...the camera lens had some trouble adjusting from A/C in the cabin to warm humid air outside and my husband had trouble remember to wipe off the lens. :rolleyes:

Cruise%20-%20May%2019%20-%20Barbados%20%2810%29.JPG

Cruise%20-%20May%2019%20-%20Barbados%20%2813%29.JPG

Cruise%20-%20May%2019%20-%20Barbados%20%2814%29.JPG

Last%20Morning.jpg

I'm so mad at myself. I took pictures of the VS suite 6260 on the Miracle specifically for this thread and forgot to take an actual picture of the bedroom. Oh well here is the rest:

Entry and sitting area:

P1020849.JPG

Sitting room TV:

P1020851.JPG

Dressing Area:

P1020852.JPG

Bathroom:

P1020853.JPG

Tub and Shower:

P1020854.JPG

Sitting room from bedroom:

P1020855.JPG

How many in an aft? We are a family of 5 can these cabins hold 5? If not can we get the aft balcony next to the wrap and remove barrior? As of now we're looking at a cruise sometime in fall of 2011.

We did just that and had 40 feet of continuous balcony...it was fabulous.

Big Doug,

I will be in 5299 in Sept. (Our first aft cabin :) Can you post any pics of the interior cabin please? Also, is it any louder on the balcony while underway compared to a side balcony?

thanks in advance

Bon Voyage

djp

Big Doug,

I will be in 5299 in Sept. (Our first aft cabin :) Can you post any pics of the interior cabin please? Also, is it any louder on the balcony while underway compared to a side balcony?

thanks in advance

Bon Voyage

djp

The interior is the same as in other balcony cabins on the Spirit-class ships. You do get the sound of the wake while out at sea.:D There is also some vibration from the props but nothing that bothered us. One thing to watch out for, check the chair on the balcony before sitting. Occasionally, some soot from the stack would make its way down to our balcony.

2276746980055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by BigDoug

From our aft cabin on the Ecstacy, got room service and watched the sunrise as she backed into port.

Kenboy we are cruising next summer on the Ecstacy and selected an aft for the first time. Did you guys enjoy it?

Can anyone make an aft balcony recommendation. We love the aft balconies but have never been on the Victory. Thanks in advance.

We had an aft wrap on the Victory and the cabins right next to the aft wraps are a little larger than the ones in the middle. Also if you are a picture taker, the way the walls of the aft balconies slant, you can actually take pictures around the corner by shooting through the aft wrap next to you. Our Oct 2009 Victory cruise has lots of pictures of the aft cabin balconies and wrap on the 8th deck. (see link below)

We really did enjoy the aft cabin. Not much of a breeze like the side of the ship though. It was especially nice watching people get on and off in Progreso. We eventually met the people on both sides of us, but you really only could see them if you were leaning on the railing. I think we're going to have to get a balcony for all future cruises now, and if we're lucky, it will be an aft.