Show me your aft!

jhale

• 3 weeks later...

I had aft balcony #7448.... I saw that the aft wrap #7440 on the Valor was still available so I asked about upgrading. I paid the difference and am going to surpirse my husband with the Aft wrap!!!!

Are the rooms any different in size?

Sailing July 18th on the Valor !!!!!

I had aft balcony #7448.... I saw that the aft wrap #7440 on the Valor was still available so I asked about upgrading. I paid the difference and am going to surpirse my husband with the Aft wrap!!!!

Are the rooms any different in size?

Sailing July 18th on the Valor !!!!!

They are just arranged differently... you will prolly find it to have alittle more room no couch.. but you will LUV It!!;)

I was wondering if someone can explain to me the difference in size between a balcony, an Aft-view Extended Balcony, and a Premium Balcony. I will be on the Destiny. Thanks

HUGE difference all you have to do is search here.. or look at the pictures that have been posted pretty much tells you the size of the balconies...;)

Im hoping there are lounges chairs already there on the aft wrap and if not.... I will show the cabin steward the $$$$ and see if he can help me out ;)

My husband is going to die when he see's this room, he thinks we are getting the aft extended balcony. I upgraded it secretly. He just turned 40 so we are taking this vacation for his bday without the kiddies!

• 2 weeks later...

PVP told us aft balconies (8M) and aft wraps (9C) balcony dividers do not open to connect balconies on Valor. I have read posts and seen pics of other ships where they do. We are booked on Valor June 2011 aft wrap and L shaped balcony next door (6483 and 6481) which we were told will have a connecting balconies. Anybody from Valor been in 6483 and connected to 6485. We still have others that want to book this cruise with us, but can't decide between aft balcony or side balcony.

PVP told us aft balconies (8M) and aft wraps (9C) balcony dividers do not open to connect balconies on Valor. I have read posts and seen pics of other ships where they do. We are booked on Valor June 2011 aft wrap and L shaped balcony next door (6483 and 6481) which we were told will have a connecting balconies. Anybody from Valor been in 6483 and connected to 6485. We still have others that want to book this cruise with us, but can't decide between aft balcony or side balcony.

You will be glad for the aft part of your aft wrap - while out to sea, side balconies are often so windy you can't get the balcony door open no less be out there. Aft balconies are shielded from the wind by the ship itself and we find much more pleasant. We would always choose an aft over a side balcony. (Which is why we have turned down free upgrades to suites in the past - they all have side balconies)

Edited by viaggi_per_mare

• 2 weeks later...

We just upgraded from an aft-extended balcony to the aft wrap - 7445 on the Valor. So excited, and loving all of these pictures. Now if only we could get our friends into the cabin next door . . . . both sides of us are already taken. :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm so mad at myself. I took pictures of the VS suite 6260 on the Miracle specifically for this thread and forgot to take an actual picture of the bedroom. Oh well here is the rest:

Entry and sitting area:

P1020849.JPG

Sitting room TV:

P1020851.JPG

Dressing Area:

P1020852.JPG

Bathroom:

P1020853.JPG

Tub and Shower:

P1020854.JPG

Sitting room from bedroom:

P1020855.JPG

I had such a pleasant escape when I saw these pics, I stayed in this cabin on my very first cruise. It was awesome!

I had the pleasure of 7298 on the Legend for Christmas and am hooked on the aft now.

Just booked 8450 on the Liberty..I understand 8450 and 8457 have wider balconies than the other non-wrap aft balconies. I do love the wrap, but no matter what, I am now an aft junkie.

I know I've seen it before and I've searched but can't find how to post them big ole pictures. Everytime I attach a pic is that's teeny thumbprint but I'll do my best!

We were in the secret AFT cabin on the Triumph last October, 8435. The balcony is 1/3 wider and deeper than the other AFTS. We were right next to the AFT wrap and our friends had the cabin next door on the other side. The balconies were adjoining and that was nice!

We didn't notice any unusual movement, any noise or any soot. The only thing negative I could say was that even in October, during the day it was HOT out there....no breeze to be found! Could have just been the direction we were sailing though.

We LOVED the AFT cabin and I fear are one of those "never go back" kinda people!

I think one of the things I enjoyed most was the photo opps. No more getting dressed and running top side to get pics entering or departing ports and got some great pics cruising down the Mississippi.

2124723892_JSCV009.jpg.44be9d5d456692aea3a5659e86a34f31.jpg

1627530186_JSCV060.jpg.92f6efc3e15cea52aeecfc6c2213250a.jpg

1610989644_JSCV101.jpg.a24a400ccf97facd8816d0f8bcd4d2e0.jpg

1726231930_JSCV100.jpg.cf42c0ab1d8ff7752d1a79276288da3c.jpg

367131032_JSCV116.jpg.403a12f13a49a07b1937aeb4284730b6.jpg

Magic City Cruiser: To post bigger pictures you need to have them uploaded somewhere else on the internet that allows you to post the code in the forum. I upload all my pics to Webshots. I create various albums http://community.webshots.com/user/1004842 then when I want to post a picture, I go to the picture and click the box below the picture that says post the code in a forum. You pick the size you want to post from 100 to 600 pixels. This one is 600.

2907501720040669306S600x600Q85.jpg