??? Who has cabin# 6336 on fos, 10-10-10?????

retdon

Hummm,

How long of a trip is it to the closest bar (champaign bar) I believe with a walker and tray full of cocktails? Sounds like the old folks are planning to smuggle booze onboard :D:D Just kidding ..... If I owned that cabin I would appreciate the option of knowing what was around me. Besides 5pm cocktail parties? The only time I am ever possibly in my cabin at that hour is a sea day and most people are getting ready for eleigant night at that hour ....

I say enjoy! To the person that has the cabin these guys are really nudist swingers :eek::eek: psssssst That might make them switch faster.

You have been given some great advice here. Contact RCCL directly and offer to pay for an upgrade to the present owner. Probably less than 20.00 per person in your group of 48.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if I had a big group in a bunch of cabins, and there was one cabin in between that was not in our group, and I wanted that person to voluntarily switch cabins so my group could get it, I might just post on CC saying that we were gonna have outdoor nightly cocktail parties (wink wink).;)

But that's just me, and I'm sneaky like that.:cool:

Have a great cruise OP, hope you get that pesky person outa that cabin!:D

I actually cancelled a repo cruise I'd booked because it was obvious on the roll call thread that everyone in the cabins around me (a choice aft balc) was part of a big group that had sailed before, and that it was going to be Party City for them.

STILL DON'T KNOW WHO HAS IT, HOPE THEY COME FORWARD SOON. :D

We are really a great bunch of folks and they will be invited to join us. Wonder what they will think when they see all the decorated doors,

GO HIALEAH HIGH THOROUGHBREDS.... We will have our stables and cocktails ready.

Are you sure they let you open the balconies any more. Seems like I read somewhere that they don't do that any more.

Anyway......we were offered an upgrade not long ago because someone needed the cabin we were in so that their whole party could be together. You could investigate that possiblity.

Hi They don't let you open the balconys on RCC only Carnival and the ships they own ie Princess.

STILL DON'T KNOW WHO HAS IT, HOPE THEY COME FORWARD SOON. :D

We are really a great bunch of folks and they will be invited to join us. Wonder what they will think when they see all the decorated doors,

GO HIALEAH HIGH THOROUGHBREDS.... We will have our stables and cocktails ready.

They may not be members of this board at all and won't know the situation until they board.

It would be a nice gesture for you to meet them shortly after the cabins are open and inform them of what your plans are so they can be prepared.

They may not be members of this board at all and won't know the situation until they board.

It would be a nice gesture for you to meet them shortly after the cabins are open and inform them of what your plans are so they can be prepared.

That is exactly what we are doing.

The balconies were open for a group on our Oct. cruise, when did it change?

Sounds like a wonderful reunion. I assume you have put a hold request on the cabin in case it becomes available. If I were in your group I'd be in favor of pitching in a few dollars each to offer the occupant an upgrade if RCL will cooperate.

That is exactly what we are doing.

The balconies were open for a group on our Oct. cruise, when did it change?

It depends on the ship.

When we were on Mariner my sister and her husband were in the cabin next to ours. They wouldn't open the divider for us so we could make one big balcony.

They may or may not accomodate you.

HELLOOOOO. We have both sides of the hump cabins on Deck 6 booked as well as other cabins. We are not on Carnival for a spring break. I can't believe some of you on this site :eek:, you must not have anythig to do but make "cute" comments.

We are long time cruisers and appreciate our quiet time, especially on a cruise. We are talking about 5pm cocktail time..... sorry if you hear our walkers bumping into the balcony.:D

Thanks for the suggestion to contact RCI, will have our TA do that tomorrow..... By the way this sailing has mostly "groups" and some of them make our little 48 look very small.............. Thoroughbreds of Freedom, Hialeah High School Class of 57, 58, 59 & 60...............

you should contact RCI and see if they will arrange for a private party spot in one of the lounges.

Maybe the people in the cabin will be happy to be "honorary members" in your group! If that was the case for me, I would!! (if you can't beat 'em - join 'em is my motto!)

You'll have to come back here after the cruise and let us know what happened!

retdon wrote..."Thoroughbreds of Freedom, Hialeah High School Class of 57, 58, 59 & 60"

OMG - class of Hialeah High School, including 58? That's when my dad graduated. Vincent Stanley Hopkins. He would be in bed by 7pm, but he'd also be up by 2am. That'd be a fun cocktail party time, dontcha think?

OP, at the very least (or most) you could try to contact the person in the middle and see if they would change rooms with the people in your party who have the last cabin in the row - at least you could all be in a row that way. If RCI will not conatact them for you, MAYBE they would consider changing on embarkation day. But it`s a longshot, I`d say.

Also, I agree with telling them you may be disruptive and apologize in advance. That would be the neighborly thing to do. :)

Whether or not they will open the balcony dividers is up to each individual captain. Not allowed on Mariner because the dividers swing open and someone was once hurt, so no more on that ship. My understanding is that the dividers on the newer ships slide, so not a safety hazard.

OP, at the very least (or most) you could try to contact the person in the middle and see if they would change rooms with the people in your party who have the last cabin in the row - at least you could all be in a row that way. If RCI will not conatact them for you, MAYBE they would consider changing on embarkation day. But it`s a longshot, I`d say.

Also, I agree with telling them you may be disruptive and apologize in advance. That would be the neighborly thing to do. :)

I'd be pretty ticked if someone came up to me and wanted me to switch my bump cabin for something less.

I'd be pretty ticked if someone came up to me and wanted me to switch my bump cabin for something less.

You never know. They may want to switch given the circumstances.

They won't be the only pax inconvenienced.

I wouldn't want to be in cabins above or below a large group like that especially if they plan to party every night on their balconies.:eek:

Well, it was just a suggestion and you could always say "No."

While it sounds like a good way to approach the situation, I have to say I´m with SeaUs. Once onboard there would be about no way for me wanting to switch cabins with one of the group. Of course it´s just a suggestion and I could say "No" I would feel very uncomfortable being confronted with the situation and to say "No". I know for others a situation like this wouldn´t be a big deal, for me it would be a more than unpleasant situation:o.

I only suggested it because OP seems like the kind of personality who wouldn't be above asking the passengers to switch. Wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, it doesn't matter - just a suggestion and I really don't care either way. I wouldn't switch either. Just contributing to the thread. :)

I would be open to the possibility of switching. I understand that it's a slight inconvenience, but it would make so many people happy. Sometimes doing a kind and helpful thing that makes people thankful is just good kharma. ;) Hey - I'm still on a cruise so what do I care? I know I would be super appreciative if someone did that for me! :)

If you haven't already done so, I would wait list the cabin on the (off) chance that someone upgrades or cancels. Odds are it may not happen because it is a hump cabin, but you never know.

Archived