Prohibited items on Carnival ships

*Mach*

[quote name='Quampapetet']Except that you have your ship name and route listed in your signature... I hope you enjoyed the Destiny Eastern Caribbean.... ;)[/QUOTE]
That has been on there for quite some time. Not new.

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Power-Strip-Liberator-Extension-Cords/dp/B000EWVSZK/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1273523366&sr=8-13"]Can i bring this onboard with me in my carryon bag?[/URL].
My camera charger dont fit in the small one outlet found in the rooms and i had to use that last year on the miracle

[quote name='shof515'][URL="http://www.amazon.com/Power-Strip-Liberator-Extension-Cords/dp/B000EWVSZK/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1273523366&sr=8-13"]Can i bring this onboard with me in my carryon bag?[/URL].
My camera charger dont fit in the small one outlet found in the rooms and i had to use that last year on the miracle[/quote]

That's my beef. I don't need to plug in 15 things. I need to plug in ONE thing and the ONE outlet in the daggum room is mounted a half inch from the desk, so none of my items will fit in the plug.

And don't get me started on the flat irons. If they dare touch my Chi, I am seriously done with Carnival.

[quote name='shof515'][URL="http://www.amazon.com/Power-Strip-Liberator-Extension-Cords/dp/B000EWVSZK/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1273523366&sr=8-13"]Can i bring this onboard with me in my carryon bag?[/URL].
My camera charger dont fit in the small one outlet found in the rooms and i had to use that last year on the miracle[/quote]
I have the same issue that my energizer battery charger for my camera doesn't fit the outlets........................

When cruising becomes to much of a pain, I will be done. Not there yet, but I am starting to see a pattern.

Well, I went to Wally-world to check out the battery-operated fan. They had a display of all of their fans lined up and working. The b-o fan was actually plugged in, and going full speed. Pitiful. I couldn't even feel it, and it was so small. So I bought a small electric fan that seemed to put out a fair amount of breeze.

I'll pack it in my carry-on. Should I leave it in the box or take it out??

I'm bringing a six-foot extension cord for the fan. I hope it reaches.

Last year our friends said they really couldn't get their room to cool off comfortably. The steward said it was as low as it could go. They are not complaining people, and they just lived with it.

If I get a room like that this year and they take my fan, I'll be at the purser's desk complaining.

We leave in a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to let everyone know what happens.

Boy, packing [I][COLOR="Black"]used [/COLOR][/I]to be fun.

Shay

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Yes... you can. It'll be fine in your carry on bag.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]Ya' know... I can not say 'Put it in your carry on. I've been told that it'll be fine.' but I've posted my recommendation 32 times now. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]My recommendation... you need to bring an extension cord or some such thing... put it in your carry on...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I just have one question -- Do you think I should put it in my carry on? :D (J/K please don't respond or throw anything)

[quote name='Host Mach']Ya' know... I've posted my recommendation 32 times now. [/QUOTE]

I seriously was wondering earlier how many times you had to say that.

[quote name='Host Mach']...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]My recommendation... you need to bring an extension cord or some such thing... put it in your carry on...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

No shirt, no shoes, no cruise.

Wait -- make that, no FAN, no EXTENSION CORD, NO CRUISE!

I hope that either the beards, or those who have their ear, are picking up on the rising discontent!

I have no problem stopping my association with CCL just short of our 50% OBC cruise (50th - Milestone). It's not THAT BIG a carrot! ;)

Tom

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']No shirt, no shoes, no cruise.

Wait -- make that, no FAN, no EXTENSION CORD, NO CRUISE!

I hope that either the beards, or those who have their ear, are picking up on the rising discontent!

I have no problem stopping my association with CCL just short of our 50% OBC cruise (50th - Milestone). It's not THAT BIG a carrot! ;)

Tom[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Tom, I won't attempt to change your opinion. If it's that critical I say cruise another line that meets your needs. I fear we're beating a dead horse here. They have made a decision and they're standing by it. I don't think we're gonna change their mind, at least not from this forum. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]John's blog is available and as I said previously only a very few comments have addressed this issue. For me, their position makes no sense but it also makes no difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Host Mach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Tom, I won't attempt to change your opinion. If it's that critical I say cruise another line that meets your needs. I fear we're beating a dead horse here. They have made a decision and they're standing by it. I don't think we're gonna change their mind, at least not from this forum. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]John's blog is available and as I said previously only a very few comments have addressed this issue. For me, their position makes no sense but it also makes no difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

Thanks Mach. For years we ONLY sailed Carnival, in the very recent past that has changed significantly. I like their overall product, and hate to see them run off GOOD people with INANE policies such as this. If they can't build a ship which has decent enough circuitry to handle NORMAL loads without it shutting 1/2 the systems down (thinking of "OUR" :rolleyes: Carnival Dream here), then they need to just go ahead and admit it!:eek:

Tom

Yes, your small extension cord will be fine.

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31kMqz8lIgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='tamirpr']That's my beef. I don't need to plug in 15 things. I need to plug in ONE thing and the ONE outlet in the daggum room is mounted a half inch from the desk, so none of my items will fit in the plug.

And don't get me started on the flat irons. If they dare touch my Chi, I am seriously done with Carnival.[/quote]

You can bring a small extension cord like this ...

without any problem. As for your Chi, bring a finger print kit.

[quote name='dec2007w3boys']I have the same issue that my energizer battery charger for my camera doesn't fit the outlets........................

When cruising becomes to much of a pain, I will be done. Not there yet, but I am starting to see a pattern.[/quote]

Then get one of these ...

That is what they are for.

[quote name='Cuizer2']Then get one of these ...

That is what they are for.[/quote]
But why when I have a perfectly good four outlet surge protector that I have taken on the last four cruises without issue?

[quote name='Host Mach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Tom, I won't attempt to change your opinion. If it's that critical I say cruise another line that meets your needs. I fear we're beating a dead horse here. They have made a decision and they're standing by it. I don't think we're gonna change their mind, at least not from this forum. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]John's blog is available and as [B]I said previously only a very few comments have addressed this issue. [/B]For me, their position makes no sense but it also makes no difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

Not true Mach,

I place comments early last week to John, Which were removed. My
comments were to the point and professional. SIL and BIL placed comments mid week and they were removed from the blog. Then I see
there comments sitting from this weekend unanswered from another user.
But other questions from John have been addressed?? Hmm.

[quote name='halloran217']Not true Mach,

comments were to the point and professional. SIL and BIL placed comments mid week and they were removed from the blog. Then I see
But other questions from John have been addressed?? Hmm.[/quote]

I have seen several posts to John that he answered, despite being very negative. I would like to think that he does not selectively cull them out. To do so would would lessen his credibility/reputation. Keep in mind though, that Carnival does sign his check at the end of the day.

Tom

[quote name='halloran217']Not true Mach,

But other questions from John have been addressed?? Hmm.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Just to clarify... were the comments REMOVED or they didn't show up? I ask because past a certain point in time if you add a comment it simply won't show up. I've had comments that didn't show up. I imagine it's because they've moved on to a new blog and see no sense in adding comments to a past blog.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Comments that are NOT directed to John for a response will not get an answer... they'll just post and that's the end of it...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Carnival needs to release a statement on why they are banning power strips. Perhapsfive outlets are too many; they could limit it to three. Traveling with two teenage girls, one plug is not sufficient for charging the camera, two MP3 players and the walkabout two-way radios.

Why do other cruiselines (including other lines owned by Carnival) allow power strips?

:(:mad::eek::confused:

[quote name='dec2007w3boys']But why when I have a perfectly good four outlet surge protector that I have taken on the last four cruises without issue?[/quote]

Then get four of these ...

And four of these ...

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FS7MT8S8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

Then you can do something like this ...

[IMG]http://www.mxdesign.net/blogger/PowerStrip.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=black]Hi Mach and others-[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I have taken a half day to read through this thread (or at least it felt like that), but I have made it. What have I learned? [/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=black]John posted a comment on his blog stating that Carnival will now be confiscating power strips.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]If you put a "medically necessary" Post-It note on the power strip, it has made it onto the ships.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]If you pack a power strip, it has made it on some ships.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]There have been other ships that have confiscated it from checked bags.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]There has been no official word from Carnival other than the e-mail listed in an earlier portion of this thread mentioning that[/COLOR] "a[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana]t this time, there is no ban on the use of power strips."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]When we get to the boarding process, they will either take it or they won't. No matter what, it will be returned at the end of the cruise.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LIST][COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]So, I am, unless otherwise advised, bringing a power strip. Worst case scenario, I am out a $5 power strip. Best case scenario, I can plug two things in at once.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Thanks Mach for your 32 recommendations. Any random cruise related recommendation you want to give me?[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Take care![/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Ted[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='TFunkified'][COLOR=black]Hi Mach and others-[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I have taken a half day to read through this thread (or at least it felt like that), but I have made it. What have I learned? [/COLOR]
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=black]John posted a comment on his blog stating that Carnival will now be confiscating power strips.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]If you put a "medically necessary" Post-It note on the power strip, it has made it onto the ships.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]If you pack a power strip, it has made it on some ships.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]There have been other ships that have confiscated it from checked bags.[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=black]There has been no official word from Carnival other than the e-mail listed in an earlier portion of this thread mentioning that[/COLOR] "a[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana]t this time, there is no ban on the use of power strips."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]When we get to the boarding process, they will either take it or they won't. No matter what, it will be returned at the end of the cruise.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]So, I am, unless otherwise advised, bringing a power strip. Worst case scenario, I am out a $5 power strip. Best case scenario, I can plug two things in at once.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Thanks Mach for your 32 recommendations. Any random cruise related recommendation you want to give me?[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Ted[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

As long as some of those plug in items don't include <fill in anything here>. Even if they are not "officially" banned, the trend is apparently heading towards letting screeners interpret Carnival's intent as they see fit.

Tom

[LIST]
[/LIST][COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]So, I am, unless otherwise advised, bringing a power strip. Worst case scenario, I am out a $5 power strip. Best case scenario, I can plug two things in at once.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Yep... that's a pretty complete recap... You've got it down pat.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]I'm waiting to hear from John today regarding the accusation that he's deleting comments on his blog and trying to hid or dodge questions. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]I see you're sailing on the Splendor. She is lovely. Don't let the 'pink' bother you. Look at the ship as a whole, not just one color. Personally, the 'pink' didn't bother me in the least. The contrast between the pink and black seems stunning...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]Take a look at my pictures from the inaugural sailing of the Splendor...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL]http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Splendor%201/[/URL]

[URL]http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Splendor%202/[/URL]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Evenings on the Lido Deck are fantastic!! Do NOT miss the amazing Indian food at the Tandoor, Lido Deck aft, starboard side. The Pinnacle steakhouse is great.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]Please say hi to Goose, your cruise director, for me. He's a great guy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LIST]

Thanks for the succinct summary. Anyone care to comment as to which ports are riskier than others? Where, exactly, is this being enforced?

Oh, and thanks Mach for the 32 times you've been forced to repeat your advice to [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]'Put it in your carry on...' ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks,

Archived