Cruising with an arrest warrant

lilone

It just floors me that people can take one miniscule part of someones life and paint them with the broadest brush possible, assuming the worst about his character. There are a great many unknowns as to what this entails. It could very well be the one spot on his record, and it may also be very recent.

How about letting everyone look into your closet, and let us have a field day with that on CC?

Go for it, I have no skeletons in my closet. Though I do have some shirts that need to have buttons replaced.

This isn't "one miniscule part", even with the barest bones of information the OP has shared with us. If it was just one miniscule part, they would have taken care of this and moved on for the wiser. Instead, they are stretching it from being one miniscule part into something else.

It just floors me that people can take one miniscule part of someones life and paint them with the broadest brush possible, assuming the worst about his character. There are a great many unknowns as to what this entails. It could very well be the one spot on his record, and it may also be very recent.

How about letting everyone look into your closet, and let us have a field day with that on CC?

What amazes me more is that folks will come on here and post this to begin with.

Even if it is just one spot....that one spot should be cleaned before he goes on cruises...or anything else. He is aware of it (or the question would not have been posted here) and being aware and not handling sounds about as "worst" as someone can get in the personal responsibility department.

Id be more worried about why is the girlfriend not telling him he must take care of his problem before she will go on a cruise with him. And why hasnt he paid it??? But I agree with others, getting on would probably be easy, getting off, he just might end up behind bars with with a really HIGH fine to pay

My bets on the girlfriend paying it;)

Go for it, I have no skeletons in my closet. Though I do have some shirts that need to have buttons replaced.

This isn't "one miniscule part", even with the barest bones of information the OP has shared with us. If it was just one miniscule part, they would have taken care of this and moved on for the wiser. Instead, they are stretching it from being one miniscule part into something else.

But, it is (IMO) a small part of who this person is. Most people have moments that are not their proudest, but otherwise are fine and honorable people. I guess I just don't like seeing folks blasted by others when very little is known, people who wouldn't pass the same judgemental test. But that is just me.

And my closet is a mess :eek:. Beautiful day to tackle it though.

But, it is (IMO) a small part of who this person is. Most people have moments that are not their proudest, but otherwise are fine and honorable people. I guess I just don't like seeing folks blasted by others when very little is known, people who wouldn't pass the same judgemental test. But that is just me.

Being aware of having a warrant and not paying it is not just a moment;)

Having it get that far is not just a moment.......just sayin.....

Being aware of having a warrant and not paying it is not just a moment;)

Having it get that far is not just a moment.......just sayin.....

I see your point, and understand it. For me, I try not to jump to conclusions (even when they seem obvious) until I know more. This works for ME, YMMV. But it does make for an interesting read...

Back to my messy closet :eek::D

Hmmm, miniscule? It won't seem miniscule when he is sitting in jail in Miami. And when looking in my closet, you won't find criminal offenses. But we're not talking about someone who made a mistake and did their time/paid for it. We're talking about someone who committed a crime, was sentenced and fined, and skipped out on it. So let's not get started on this guy's "character." And as far as unknowns? Let's look at what is known.

- He committed a crime

- He was sentenced and/or given a fine

- He didn't pay the fine (for whatever reason)

- He is going on a cruise which either he or someone else paid for instead of paying off this fine.

What "unknowns" would change our mind about this guy's character? State of NJ probably doesn't care about the "unknowns" either.

Hmmm, miniscule? It won't seem miniscule when he is sitting in jail in Miami. And when looking in my closet, you won't find criminal offenses. But we're not talking about someone who made a mistake and did their time/paid for it. We're talking about someone who committed a crime, was sentenced and fined, and skipped out on it. So let's not get started on this guy's "character." And as far as unknowns? Let's look at what is known.

- He committed a crime

- He was sentenced and/or given a fine

- He didn't pay the fine (for whatever reason)

- He is going on a cruise which either he or someone else paid for instead of paying off this fine.

What "unknowns" would change our mind about this guy's character? State of NJ probably doesn't care about the "unknowns" either.

He may well be the scum of the earth for all I know. What I do know (that works for me) is rushing to judgement is just not my style. I'll stand back and watch, then form my judgements. This is not how many people work, and I'm ok with that. You pointed out what is 'known', and that is good. I stand back because we don't know the 'unknown'. Would the 'unknowns' make a difference - maybe, maybe not, but we'll never know. I just don't feel the need to be judgemental on limited information, but again, that is just me.

I'm not right, and you're not wrong. We just look at things differently :)

He may well be the scum of the earth for all I know. What I do know (that works for me) is rushing to judgement is just not my style. I'll stand back and watch, then form my judgements. This is not how many people work, and I'm ok with that. You pointed out what is 'known', and that is good. I stand back because we don't know the 'unknown'. Would the 'unknowns' make a difference - maybe, maybe not, but we'll never know. I just don't feel the need to be judgemental on limited information, but again, that is just me.

I'm not right, and you're not wrong. We just look at things differently :)

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah...

Oh, I'm well aware of that (and eternally grateful that no one's caught them on tape ...). But let's be honest. This isn't a moment. It's an on-going thing. Yes, little is known, but what is known doesn't paint the prettiest picture. And I'm not blasting this guy to the deepest circle of hell for having been nailed on a DUI -- I actually happen to have some friends who have one strike for that, some even two. The worrisome part is the knowledge of an outstanding warrant and the apparent lack of desire to rectify the situation. *THAT* is what paints a rather sad and unpleasant picture for me.

I have cats for that. They like to go in and kick anything laying on the floor out into the middle of my floor.

Oh, I'm well aware of that (and eternally grateful that no one's caught them on tape ...). But let's be honest. This isn't a moment. It's an on-going thing. Yes, little is known, but what is known doesn't paint the prettiest picture. And I'm not blasting this guy to the deepest circle of hell for having been nailed on a DUI -- I actually happen to have some friends who have one strike for that, some even two. The worrisome part is the knowledge of an outstanding warrant and the apparent lack of desire to rectify the situation. *THAT* is what paints a rather sad and unpleasant picture for me.

Excellent point, and I agree. It just works better for me if I take my time. Am I slow? Maybe :eek: Just want things very clear in my mind. I (and most of us) have seen people unjustly accused of something. I'll just back off on this one as there is little info.

I have cats for that. They like to go in and kick anything laying on the floor out into the middle of my floor.

OH NO!!! My cat doesn't do that!! Why? She only goes in the closet when it is thundering and needs to hunker down. Is she falling down on her job? She is old (17) so maybe she thinks she's paid her dues?

keep in mind OP that those of us that are telling you he should be fine and should go for it are also people that post stuff like "Am I the only one that loves to tape people running for the ship when they come back late and drunk in Cozumel?"

LOL Just saying..........:eek:

OH NO!!! My cat doesn't do that!! Why? She only goes in the closet when it is thundering and needs to hunker down. Is she falling down on her job? She is old (17) so maybe she thinks she's paid her dues?

My 17 year old cat also like to crawl into draws and kick things out of them too. She's getting a little around-the-bend.

Not around-the-bend yet. As long as she is still racing up and down the stairs, I'm happy.

Mine is still beating up the other cats, even though they're both at least twice her size. You don't mess with the queen, man. She brings the pain!

I find it hilarious how the Armchair Street Lawyers have emerged and converged.

In a nutshell. The individual needs to get with the authorities and get it cleared up before he tries to leave the country.

What kind of friend is he If he is willing to cause undue concern and problems for those traveling with him because of his lack of responsibility..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, We are back from our Destiny cruise. I wanted to post and let everyone know the outcome of things regarding the warrant. He DID NOT pay it off before we left and NOTHING happened. The man was not arrested, detained or questioned about his warrrant.

Archived