I think this is a great deal, but comments please!

rpouls

I originally booked me and my daughter on a cruise for June 2011 - we're both past guests, plus I'm now 55 (woo-hoo - or not??!). Anyway, I added my niece to our cruise. We're on a 7-day western to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

My cost equals out to about $51.00 per day, per person, not counting airfare (plus baggage, hotel, etc.).

I'm thinking that this is a great price, all considered. And of course, we will be spending money on various misc. - but still, isn't this a good deal?

All comments are welcome!

I originally booked me and my daughter on a cruise for June 2011 - we're both past guests, plus I'm now 55 (woo-hoo - or not??!). Anyway, I added my niece to our cruise. We're on a 7-day western to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

My cost equals out to about $51.00 per day, per person, not counting airfare (plus baggage, hotel, etc.).

I'm thinking that this is a great price, all considered. And of course, we will be spending money on various misc. - but still, isn't this a good deal?

Even if it's an inside cabin, I'd say it's a very good deal.

I just booked a last minute western that my PVP said was such a great deal and it is $70 pp per day, before taxes and fees. Id have to go look up what the taxes and fees are they added on... I dont think Iv ever seen $51 a day, but Im assuming you are going out of Florida to get those rates?? and that is a triple divided by 3? Still very cheap for summer no matter what else.

My porthole cabin on the Splendor for next Feb is $51.29 per person per day (before taxes). I'm very happy with that price.

My 4 day on the Imagination in Nov (another porthole) is only $44.75/pp! And it goes to Key West and Cozumel. Two places I really want to go back to. I'm very very happy with that one! :D

If you are happy with the price no matter whatit is then its a good deal!

Well said.

Others might feel it is only ok for an inferior interior cabin, and others wouldn't pay a dime to go to Jamaica in any category.

We are going on our first cruise in 11 days!!! I'm really not experienced enough to know how great of a deal it is. I only know we are paying $55.00 per person per day (two of us) in an unobstructed Oceanview cabin. So, I think, $51.00 sounds great. I'm happy with our cost.:) Enjoy your cruise.

rpouls, we are booked on the same June 2011 cruise as you!! Thought I was the only crazy one to book that early!;) That does sound like a very good deal! Did you book directly with Carnival? We are past guests also and I haven't seen a past guest rate offered yet. I didn't book ES, as I was waiting for a past guest rate and would change to it then. Just didn't want to lock in on ES that far out. So, please tell me...how did you get such a great deal?

My porthole cabin on the Splendor for next Feb is $51.29 per person per day (before taxes). I'm very happy with that price.

My 4 day on the Imagination in Nov (another porthole) is only $44.75/pp! And it goes to Key West and Cozumel. Two places I really want to go back to. I'm very very happy with that one! :D

That is an amazing price for a ship the size and as new as the Splendor.

If Carnival is having to discount a newer ship this much...it may indicate why the West coast lost the Elation....

rpouls, we are booked on the same June 2011 cruise as you!! Thought I was the only crazy one to book that early!;) That does sound like a very good deal! Did you book directly with Carnival? We are past guests also and I haven't seen a past guest rate offered yet. I didn't book ES, as I was waiting for a past guest rate and would change to it then. Just didn't want to lock in on ES that far out. So, please tell me...how did you get such a great deal?

Arrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!

This is Sheila, of Sheila & Mike on the Pride. We just booked the Pride in April of 2011, because Carnival sent out a news release saying it is going to Bermuda for two runs that month. I was going to write you to see if you guys wanted to join us, but I couldn't locate your e-mail!

Bummer!

Hope you enjoy your cruise, though.

Edit: Just reread your post, and see you aren't locked in as you didn't go ES. If you want to come to Bermuda with us on April 17th, write me! Even if you don't, write me! We need to catch up! :-)

S.

I just booked a last minute western that my PVP said was such a great deal and it is $70 pp per day, before taxes and fees. Id have to go look up what the taxes and fees are they added on... I dont think Iv ever seen $51 a day, but Im assuming you are going out of Florida to get those rates?? and that is a triple divided by 3? Still very cheap for summer no matter what else.

Yes, that's what I was thinking...Triple divided by 3, which is still a great deal. OP, add a forth and the $51/day rate goes down even more :)

I went on this very itinerary on the Liberty this past october '09. You could get an 1A for $329/person. My DW vetoed the bunks and we ended up paying $359 or $440 after fees/taxes for an inside. Someone at our table bragged about receiving an un-advertised senior last minute rate of $269 for a 4A. Those were the days!

Archived