Just back of Carnival Dream and the alcohol confiscating IS WAY UP!!!

Sherman793

Actually, compared to land based resorts and even some local bars, $5 for a beer is dirt cheap.

Any way that you try to justify smuggling alcohol onboard, it still hurts the cruise line's bottom line.

Maybe 50 passengers do it on this sailing, maybe 100 on another, and so forth. But when you add up all the lost revenue, you're talking about millions of dollars.

Yes. Carnival still makes money even with the smugglers. But if their projected revenue doesn't match actual revenue, trust me, they will pass it on to the guests in the form of higher cruiser rates, or more expensive onboard items...

I'll know who to thank next time I pay more for my cruise...

Agree with you 100%-as a teacher I guess I am big on rules but you just don't disobey a rule just because you disagree with it. If drinking is that important there just may be a problem

A L L E N!!

Thanks! And that's at the Teeter....one of the more expensive chains around!

I was thinking about your cruise the other day...wondering if you were dancing and singing "just a gigolo"???? LOL.

Liv, a lot of people have called me a Cruise Gigolo in the past year or so. I have no idea what they are talking about!!! :eek: Although I AM sharing a balcony cabin with a lovely woman on the Splendor in October, but the biggest hanky panky involved will probably be switching each other's bookmarks to the wrong place in our Bibles. :cool:

Like most logical people, I follow rules that make logical sense. Don't kid yourself in thinking that you follow all rules or would follow all rules. All of us are guilty of something.

I hope AKnot is not posting from work in the middle of the afternoon. Because that would be against the company's rules. And none of us would want to break that rule.;)

I am qualified to drive a 4, 10, 15k forklift.:D

I was really wishing for a forklift on the Victory a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, I was tossing and turning a lot on my 1-A twin bed and each time I would toss, the mattress would scoot a couple of inches on the platform. At 4 a.m. it dumped me into that narrow space on the floor between the bed frame and the porthole wall, and then the mattress came crashing down on me. It took me about 20 minutes to get out of that situation since I was on my back and somewhat banged up. :eek:

No kidding. But now Carnival is doing something about it and people are getting their tidy whities in a knot because of it. And the ones who were bragging are the ones complaining the loudest about it.

I just read this whole thread and I'm not seeing a whole lot of smugglers complaining and threatening to stop cruising because they lost their booze. They are just informing others what is happening. The ones that seem to have A Knot in their face are the anti rule breakers.

I hope AKnot is not posting from work in the middle of the afternoon. Because that would be against the company's rules. And none of us would want to break that rule.;)

Actually I am. However my job affords me that luxury. Sometimes I have tons of time to post watch TV and even sometimes play games. Then there are times im so busy I cant even blink.

Also in my line of work if I break the rules I end up out of a job AND put other people at risk. I try not to let that happen.

I want read this whole thread and I'm not seeing a whole lot of smugglers complaining and threatening to stop cruising because they lost their booze. They are just informing others what is happening. The ones that seem to have A Knot in their face are the anti rule breakers.

I saw what you did. It is quite humorous. I chuckled.

Agree with you 100%-as a teacher I guess I am big on rules but you just don't disobey a rule just because you disagree with it. If drinking is that important there just may be a problem

There is a problem, drink prices are too high on a cruise!!!:D

There is a problem, drink prices are too high on a cruise!!!:D

She didn't see that Tapi actually changed her mind about it.. ;)

Just me, I have to read the whole thread, however long before I post..

So you guys cruise in September on the Pride? I am so excited..

She didn't see that Tapi actually changed her mind about it.. ;)

Just me, I have to read the whole thread, however long before I post..

So you guys cruise in September on the Pride? I am so excited..

Ava..I think you are referring to me..maybe? Actually, I'm cruising in 29 days on the Fantasy out of Charleston. Sorry you HAVE TO WAIT until August :p

Archived