Just back of Carnival Dream and the alcohol confiscating IS WAY UP!!!

Sherman793

Thanks for correcting my "mistake"' date=' sweetie. Did your ears hurt when that huge "whoosh" sound went over your head as you failed to see the point of my post? :D

Ms. Margarita Mom, as she mentions, is from Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia is in Canada. People from there spell funny. :) She would normally spell it "humour", but she was being considerate of those who don't realize the intricacies of Canadian spelling and so she thusly, therefore, and hencely used the American spelling.

I was gently and lovingly chiding her in my post for not sticking to her Canadian guns and spelling it the way she normally would.

But thanks for advising me to "check my facts". I hope you feel sort of silly right now for so quickly leaping in to "correct" something of which you were ignorant of its provenance. :D[/quote']

I see so many folks on here correcting spelling, making fun of people's comments. I didn't realize the background... and I don't know where every single poster is from. :) So no I don't feel silly. And I think it's silly that you think I should.

Allen, Margarita Mom is teasing you (either that or just a poor speller :D). You were correct that the word is "humour" here in Canada.

I know Margarita Mom exceedingly well. She is a very "otherwise-oriented" person. But I luvb her! :D

I see so many folks on here correcting spelling, making fun of people's comments. I didn't realize the background... and I don't know where every single poster is from. :) So no I don't feel silly. And I think it's silly that you think I should.

But people aren't supposed to correct other people's spelling unless it's as a joke. So you should feel silly for thinking that I should feel silly for thinking that you should feel silly. :D And, on her post, in the upper right-hand corner it says that she is from Nova Scotia. We can either assume that you're not aware that Nova Scotia is in Canada and that Canadian people spell the way British people do (in English.. unless, of course they're French) or you're very unobservant which, in turn, should make you feel silly. :D

Allen, Margarita Mom is teasing you (either that or just a poor speller :D). You were correct that the word is "humour" here in Canada.

Ross, Margarita Mom is the person who gave me the silver tiara, scepter, and beauty-pageant banner which says "Miss Understood". :D

I have never spelt humor that way before but my husband did say you are correct as the Canadian spelling is "humour". I think I have been cruising too long with my American friends and they have somehow infiltrated my ability to spell.

You have done nothing but judge on this thread ;)

Nope I even said this topic aside I would not think of anyone less or more if they gave advice and or responded to another topic I took part in.

I have never spelt humor that way before but my husband did say you are correct as the Canadian spelling is "humour". I think I have been cruising too long with my American friends and they have somehow infiltrated my ability to spell.

i think you spel realy gud.

Thanks for correcting my "mistake"' date=' sweetie. Did your ears hurt when that huge "whoosh" sound went over your head as you failed to see the point of my post? :D

Ms. Margarita Mom, as she mentions, is from Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia is in Canada. People from there spell funny. :) She would normally spell it "humour", but she was being considerate of those who don't realize the intricacies of Canadian spelling and so she thusly, therefore, and hencely used the American spelling.

I was gently and lovingly chiding her in my post for not sticking to her Canadian guns and spelling it the way she normally would.

But thanks for advising me to "check my facts". I hope you feel sort of silly right now for so quickly leaping in to "correct" something of which you were ignorant of its provenance. :D[/quote']

But people aren't supposed to correct other people's spelling unless it's as a joke. So you should feel silly for thinking that I should feel silly for thinking that you should feel silly. :D And' date=' on her post, in the upper right-hand corner it says that she is from Nova Scotia. We can either assume that you're not aware that Nova Scotia is in Canada and that Canadian people spell the way British people do (in English.. unless, of course they're French) or you're very unobservant which, in turn, should make you feel silly. :D[/quote']

Ah, Allen if only everyone flamed with such aplomb and sincerely as you do. The internet would be a kinder, gentler place.

You are a god to me.

Ah, Allen if only everyone flamed with such aplomb and sincerity as you do. The internet would be a kinder, gentler place.

You are a god to me.

Thank you, my son. It is obviously my inner saintliness which derives from constant Bible study and the amazing fellowship I experience with you and my fellow Bears for Jesus.

Yours in praise and reverence to Saint Boddington,

Since we're so off-topic here, I'll bite....I'm cruising New England/Canada on October 16 for 16 nights. Can you eastern Canadians give me some insight as to weather during that time of year. Please keep in mind I'm a Florida girl so 50 is freezing for me! :-)

Since we're so off-topic here, I'll bite....I'm cruising New England/Canada on October 16 for 16 nights. Can you eastern Canadians give me some insight as to weather during that time of year. Please keep in mind I'm a Florida girl so 50 is freezing for me! :-)

Sorry to tell you. You are going to freeze. The average temperature in Halifax in October is 13c or 55 Farenheit. We tend to get pretty nice weather in the fall but it is so unpredictable. If the fog rolls in it can be quite cold.

On the positive note Halifax is an amazing place to visit with a great waterfront and lots of bars and restrauants were you can thaw out.

I just wish the cruise lines would be consistant. For example, Disney lets you bring Alcohol on board. I guess that's one of the factors that make all of the different cruise lines competitive:confused:

Why should they be consistent? What's the point in having different cruiselines if they're all exactly the same?

Sorry to tell you. You are going to freeze. The average temperature in Halifax in October is 13c or 55 Farenheit. We tend to get pretty nice weather in the fall but it is so unpredictable. If the fog rolls in it can be quite cold.

On the positive note Halifax is an amazing place to visit with a great waterfront and lots of bars and restrauants were you can thaw out.

Thanks, I pretty much figured that! I think one bathing suit will suffice for this cruise......for the hot tub!

Wonder what it is going to be like with the fleet permanently in. :(

I just wish the cruise lines would be consistant. For example, Disney lets you bring Alcohol on board. I guess that's one of the factors that make all of the different cruise lines competitive:confused:

Carnival could probably do that, too, if they wanted to raise their prices as high as Disney's are. :)

Carnival's restrictions on bringing on alcohol are NOT only about profit. They want to make as much profit as any company does, and they should. The restrictions are enforced more rigorously during spring break and against the 'visible' party animals. That is a liability issue that a cruiseline like Disney doesn't face. Unless they get a large college spring break crowd too, but I doubt they do.

My GUESS is that their concern is liability FIRST and profit SECOND as they have numerous ways to make profit aboard.

And the Carnival bar prices ARE NORMAL for a bar or lounge of an equal location and ambiance.

If anyone doesn't realize that Carnival's prices are NORMAL. Those people need to get out to NICE places more often and realize the world reality is different from their imagined reality.

Archived