Just back of Carnival Dream and the alcohol confiscating IS WAY UP!!!

Sherman793

No need to explain.......I think most of us got an idea of the kind of person you are. Time to let it go............

Yet you post to try and egg it on. You have have no clue as to the type of person I am. Please ignore my posts and if need be I will ignore yours.

Personally , I smuggle Rum Runners , but on th eother hand , I have taken the same ones for the past 2 years on 5 different cruises , and only made a mixed drink once .

I do it just in case I decide to start drinking again , most likely won't happen , but JIC . So if I get caught , no big deal .

I buy sodas as well as bring my own , but IF by chance I were to decide to buy beer or mixed drinks from Carnival at the prices they charge , I would expect a show with it , having worked years ago as a bouncer , They charged the same prices , and they got to see alot more for thier money . JMO :D

I just read this whole thread and I'm not seeing a whole lot of smugglers complaining and threatening to stop cruising because they lost their booze. They are just informing others what is happening. The ones that seem to have A Knot in their face are the anti rule breakers.

I'll refer you to at least 1 post #154. There were a couple of others that tried justifying their positions. I never said I was anti rule breakers. What bothers me is the people that start whining if they get caught or Carnival starts enforcing the rules. Similar to the hands-free cell phone laws in some states. You didn't hear a lot of complaints when it was put into law, just when it started being enforced.

My point has been - I don't care if you (not you directly Marg. Mom) smuggle alcohol. Just don't complain if Carnival does what it says it will and takes it away from you. You are an adult making a decision, be an adult and live with the consequences and realize that Carnival can do what they want on their ships.

My point has been - I don't care if you (not you directly Marg. Mom) smuggle alcohol. Just don't complain if Carnival does what it says it will and takes it away from you. You are an adult making a decision, be an adult and live with the consequences and realize that Carnival can do what they want on their ships.

I won't be adult about it if they try to take my curling iron away....I won't...I won't....I won't:D

Quite a few pages ago, someone said that smokers, excessive drinkers and unruly kids were the reason for the demise of this "once great country." :rolleyes:Where did that person go? I'm too lazy to find that one!

I won't be adult about it if they try to take my curling iron away....I won't...I won't....I won't:D

My wife would feel the same way. They could take away her food before they mess with her beauty supplies!

This is the quote from post #154 Poster is Cruiser0807...

I don't know why so many people automatically assume that smuggling equals less revenue for the cruise line. When I smuggle onboard, I still always drum up a sizable bar tab, and often I buy drinks from the bar when I'm already intoxicated from the booze I smuggled and therefore less appalled by the high drink prices. However, if my stuff were to get confiscated at check-in, I more than likely would be too pissed off to buy ANYTHING from the cruise line, little alone outrageously priced drinks. I may be alone in these circumstances, but I highly doubt it. And by the way, exactly what cost are you talking about that's being spread among the passengers? If you mean cruise fare, I haven't noticed any giant increase in that lately, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.I really haven't seen people complaining about being caught, more of a warning to others that may decide to smuggle..

But there are allot of non-drinkers that do not buy anything on the ship, I think that is the same thing...

I agree, if you get caught, oh well.. I wouldn't be mad if I got caught, maybe upset, or devistated that I can not bring my bill down a bit.. Lol:D

But not mad.. I am an adult and I chose to take that chance.. ;)

Quite a few pages ago, someone said that smokers, excessive drinkers and unruly kids were the reason for the demise of this "once great country." :rolleyes:Where did that person go? I'm too lazy to find that one!

Please.. did you see the thread how I was attacked after he made that statement.. I was getting my butt beat down on this thread after that poster made that comment.. He will be back.. I assure you, he will be.. :mad:

Considering that the early colonies were only able to hold on because of their ability to cultivate tobacco, one of the first things the colonist brought to Jamestown was a stile, and that a lot of early colonists were convicts, I'd say those are three of our greatest national traditions.

Considering that the early colonies were only able to hold on because of their ability to cultivate tobacco, one of the first things the colonist brought to Jamestown was a still, and that a lot of early colonists were convicts, I'd say those are three of our greatest national traditions.

I keep forgetting how smart you are LC!! Great point!!!!

I used to think that the smugglers hurt Carnival's bottom line. Now I'm realizing that people like ME are the ones hurting Carnival's bottom line. We don't smuggle, but we also don't consume a lot onboard (we go with a "very frugal" attitude). We drink lemonade and fruit punch all week long. We don't even buy soda. We will pick ONE photo and that will be our souvenir from the cruise. I literally will have one (max 2) alcoholic drink a day. Our last 7 night S&S account averaged $65 per person for the entire week!

Well said. This is precisely how DH and I are. One photo, free bevs, non-cruiseline excursions, no gambling, no onboard gift shop purchases, etc. I can't drink most of the cool frou frou drinks onboard due to allergies - :( so we may have 2 or 3 drinks on sea days, but then 0 or 1 on port days. We have only been to the supper club once - because it was free through our TA. We get our shareholder OBC and our future-travel certificate OBC. So our final bill is very low. Yes, we tip add'l to staff who deserve it. But other than that - we are very frugal. It isn't that we can't afford to cruise or are trying to be cheap... that's just how we are. So Carnival loses money on us.

I know that many/most of smugglers spend WAY more money onboard then we ever will. And I get what some have said - if I got to "feeling good" from booze I brought in, I would definitely be more inclined to start a spending spree at the bar. And why not? - I only have to stumble to my cabin. Vacations such as cruising and all-inclusives are the time for folks to drink if they want, since they don't have to drive home. Just like I would never "point a finger" at someone who drives a little over the speed limit, or doesn't wear their seat belt, or... I won't condemn smugglers. The world is full of laws and rules, and people can chose to not obey and suffer the consequences.

You spelled "humour" wrong. :p

Should check your facts first - from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humor

hu·mor

   /ˈhyuthinsp.pngmər or' date=' often[/font'], ˈyu-/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled[hyoo-mer or, often, yoo-] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA

–noun 1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.

2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.

3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.

4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.

5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.

ETC...

–verb (used with object) 12. to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable: to humor a child.

13. to adapt or accommodate oneself to.

—Idiom 14. out of humor, displeased; dissatisfied; cross: The chef is feeling out of humor again and will have to be treated carefully.

Use humor in a Sentence

See images of humor

Search humor on the Web

Also, especially British, humour.

Should check your facts first - from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humor

hu·mor

   /ˈhyuthinsp.pngmər or, often, ˈyu-/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled[hyoo-mer or, often, yoo-] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA

–noun 1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.

2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.

3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.

4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.

5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.

ETC...

–verb (used with object) 12. to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable: to humor a child.

13. to adapt or accommodate oneself to.

—Idiom 14. out of humor, displeased; dissatisfied; cross: The chef is feeling out of humor again and will have to be treated carefully.

Use humor in a Sentence

See images of humor

Search humor on the Web

Also, especially British, humour.

You don't have any Canadian friends do ya:confused::D:p

Archived