Just back of Carnival Dream and the alcohol confiscating IS WAY UP!!!

Sherman793

Carnival's restrictions on bringing on alcohol are NOT only about profit. They want to make as much profit as any company does, and they should. The restrictions are enforced more rigorously during spring break and against the 'visible' party animals. That is a liability issue that a cruiseline like Disney doesn't face. Unless they get a large college spring break crowd too, but I doubt they do.

My GUESS is that their concern is liability FIRST and profit SECOND as they have numerous ways to make profit aboard.

And the Carnival bar prices ARE NORMAL for a bar or lounge of an equal location and ambiance.

If anyone doesn't realize that Carnival's prices are NORMAL. Those people need to get out to NICE places more often and realize the world reality is different from their imagined reality.

Someone give Dan his giant pom-poms and give me some tall boots. Think I've heard it all now! :eek:

Someone give Dan his giant pom-poms and give me some tall boots. Think I've heard it all now! :eek:

I think Dan makes a good point. I'm used to paying from $9 to $15 for my martinis on land, and they are usually not as good or as large as the ones on the ships.:)

And, if the nits are going to be picked, might I point out that the correct word for the cheerleader accessories is "pom-pon"? "Pom-pom" is an extremely common mispronunciation of it. :D

I think Dan makes a good point. I'm used to paying from $9 to $15 for my martinis on land' date=' and they are usually not as good or as large as the ones on the ships.:)

And, if the nits are going to be picked, might I point out that the correct word for the cheerleader accessories is "pom-pon"? "Pom-pom" is an extremely common mispronunciation of it. :D[/quote']

Ummmm, may want to check with Mr Webster on that. A Pom-pon is a flower. Thanks for the english lesson.

Ummmm, may want to check with Mr Webster on that. A Pom-pon is a flower. Thanks for the english lesson.

I don't need to check. I know. :D Originally, what you call "pom-poms" were adornments made from the button-shaped flowers known as "Pom-pons". Thus the name.

Don't feel bad. It's okay to be wrong. You should know that by now. :)

And I am there for you anytime you would like elucidation concerning the English language. :)

I went to school with Danny Webster and taught him everything he knew.:p

I don't need to check. I know. :D Originally' date=' what you call "pom-poms" were adornments made from the button-shaped flowers known as "Pom-pons". Thus the name.

Don't feel bad. It's okay to be wrong. You should know that by now. :)

And I am there for you anytime you would like elucidation concerning the English language. :)

I went to school with Danny Webster and taught him everything he knew.:p[/quote']

You can spout all the bullcarp that you want. But when you are man enough to admit it, look into Danny's book and come back and tell me again it's okay to be wrong. :o

Would you like an edition and page number to make it easier? :confused: Since it is pretty obvious you don't know how to use one!

Carnival's restrictions on bringing on alcohol are NOT only about profit. They want to make as much profit as any company does, and they should. The restrictions are enforced more rigorously during spring break and against the 'visible' party animals. That is a liability issue that a cruiseline like Disney doesn't face. Unless they get a large college spring break crowd too, but I doubt they do.

My GUESS is that their concern is liability FIRST and profit SECOND as they have numerous ways to make profit aboard.

And the Carnival bar prices ARE NORMAL for a bar or lounge of an equal location and ambiance.

If anyone doesn't realize that Carnival's prices are NORMAL. Those people need to get out to NICE places more often and realize the world reality is different from their imagined reality.

Carnival's prices may be close to normal, BUT, the big difference is you are on a ship for 5-12 days, ALL DAY. Most all people who drink will drink more on a cruise...so you can't compare a lounge or bar to Carnival. No comparison at all. Now if you want to compare Carnival to a Hotel or something, where you CAN BRING YOUR OWN ALCHOHOL, then go ahead.

You can spout all the bullcarp that you want. But when you are man enough to admit it, look into Danny's book and come back and tell me again it's okay to be wrong. :o

Would you like an edition and page number to make it easier? :confused:

Bullcarp? LMAO! I'd hate to catch one of those down in the crick behind the south forty! :eek:

So, Chris, is anyone who disagrees with your profound and erudite misinformation automatically full of "bullcarp"?

Chrissy, to quote from the American Heritage "bid kids" Dictionary, a pom-pon is "a tuft or ball of wool, feathers, or other material used as a decoration, especially on shoes, caps and curtains. Named after their resemblance to the pom-pon flower, a small buttonlike member of the chrysanthemum and dahlia families. Usually mispronounced "pom-pom".

The second definition is "the flower of the same name".

My dictionary doesn't even list "pom-pom" as a separate entry.

You have become tedious and I am weary of your bullcarp. :D

Carnival's prices may be close to normal, BUT, the big difference is you are on a ship for 5-12 days, ALL DAY. Most all people who drink will drink more on a cruise...so you can't compare a lounge or bar to Carnival. No comparison at all. Now if you want to compare Carnival to a Hotel or something, where you CAN BRING YOUR OWN ALCHOHOL, then go ahead.

You mean like... do a logical comparison? Wow! There's a novel idea! :eek:

Bullcarp? LMAO! I'd hate to catch one of those down in the crick behind the south forty! :eek:

So' date=' Chris, is anyone who disagrees with your profound and erudite misinformation automatically full of "bullcarp"?

Chrissy, to quote from the American Heritage "bid kids" Dictionary, a pom-pon is "a tuft or ball of wool, feathers, or other material used as a decoration, especially on shoes, caps and curtains. Named after their resemblance to the pom-pon flower, a small buttonlike member of the chrysanthemum and dahlia families. Usually mispronounced "pom-pom".

The second definition is "the flower of the same name".

My dictionary doesn't even list "pom-pom" as a separate entry.

You have become tedious and I am weary of your bullcarp. :D[/quote']

Try an updated collegiate dictionary, or are you so weary you can't? Or still not man enough to admit?

You mean like... do a logical comparison? Wow! There's a novel idea! :eek:

Chris, Dan wasn't comparing the ambiance between a Carnival ship and a land-based lounge or bar. He was comparing the prices of comparable drinks, and he made a very good point.

Do you just like to argue, whether you're totally wrong or not, or do you have other, deeper, "issues"? :D

Try an updated dictionary, or are you so tired you can't? Or still not man enough?

Are you for real? :confused: You have no idea what edition my dictionary is. Suffice it to say that it's a big one with over 2,000 pages. Oooooohhh!!!!!!!

And why would you assume that I'm too "tired" to use an "updated" dictionary? You scare me. :eek:

And my masculinity or purported lack of it, is totally irrelevant (unless you're not-so-subtly hitting on me!)

Don't you have homework or something to do? :)

Chris, you're in over your head and your best bet is to either apologize for your attitude and ignorance, or just keep quiet unless you actually know what you're talking about.

Love ya. Mean it. :D

Chris' date=' Dan wasn't comparing the ambiance between a Carnival ship and a land-based lounge or bar. He was comparing the [i']prices[/i] of comparable drinks, and he made a very good point.

Do you just like to argue, whether you're totally wrong or not, or do you have other, deeper, "issues"? :D

Well, let's see...

Quote "And the Carnival bar prices ARE NORMAL for a bar or lounge of an equal location and ambiance.

Sure sounds like a comparison to me.

Once again, who's totally wrong? Or better yet, who has "issues"?

Well, let's see...

Quote "And the Carnival bar prices ARE NORMAL for a bar or lounge of an equal location and ambiance.

Sure sounds like a comparison to me.

Once again, who's totally wrong? Or better yet, who has "issues"?

If one location is on land and the other is at sea, then they're not equal locations or ambiances, are they? You're confusing even yourself, my child.:rolleyes:

Sputter away, but I (and I'm sure many others) am suffering acute tedium, apathy and ennui anent your puerility, so I shall, from this point on, refrain from responding to your inane posts and I shan't continue to be noble in my attempts to elucidate to you the nuances and complexityies the English language.

Your loss. :D

If one location is on land and the other is at sea' date=' then they're not equal locations or ambiances, are they? You're confusing even yourself, my child.:rolleyes:

Sputter away, but I (and I'm sure many others) am suffering acute tedium, apathy and ennui anent your puerility, so I shall, from this point on, refrain from responding to your inane posts and I shan't continue to be noble in my attempts to elucidate to you the nuances and complexityies the English language.

Your loss. :D[/quote']

I'm heartbroke.

Buh-bye!:)

So smuggling is OK on a 5 day or longer cruise. But not on a 4 day or shorter? Is that the convoluted "logic" your proposing? The length of the cruise has no bearing whatsoever. Your logic extrapolates that if someone went to a land bar for more than 5 days in a row and they had prices similar to Carnival's THEN it would be OK for that drinker to smuggle his own booze into that bar. In both cases, the person choose on his own to visit the bar or take the cruise. And of course, it is NOT OK. And in many states it would be a violation of state liquor laws. But they're just "rules" too. But what do rules matter when your own exalted self is involved!!! Rules are for dummies like me.

If one location is on land and the other is at sea' date=' then they're not equal locations or ambiances, are they? You're confusing even yourself, my child.:rolleyes:

Have I told you lately that I love you, Sweetie?;) :D

Allen, that should be "of" the English language...........:o

Archived