Just back of Carnival Dream and the alcohol confiscating IS WAY UP!!!

Sherman793

Well everyone, I think we have all went back and forth stating our opinions.. Is there really much more to say about this?

Some smuggle, some do not.. Nothing more, nothing less.. ;)

well...

yeah im done... Just an opinionated person. Hope people dont take my views the wrong way. Im sure most of you are fun drunks and great to be around.

(i feel I need to type this.. that last part was a joke... the all you drunks bit)

Every couple of weeks, the smuggling post appears. The same answers from the same posters. I've yet to see someone change their opinion, yet everyone keeps trying.

I enjoy reading these posts, some are funny, some are ridiculous, some are extremely serious.

Opinions superceed facts and perception is reality.

I agree that drink prices are too high on CCL, but if I don't want to pay it, I won't use CCL.

Regent charges $5,000 per person and that included free alcohol (not everything, but most)

CCL charges 800 and alcohol (excusions, spa, etc) are all priced higher. Most excursions are also free on Regent.

If all the smugglers boycotted CCL, maybe that would make a difference.

I am a beer drinker, and yes, $6 for a beer is expensive, but the same that I pay here (NYC)

I would like to see CCL have the "Happy Hours" - where there are 2 for 1 drinks.

Some ships had them years ago.

I would like to be able to carry on some beer, maybe a 6 - 12 pack from different ports to try the brews, but I don't see that happening.

I would like to be able to carry on some beer, maybe a 6 - 12 pack from different ports to try the brews, but I don't see that happening.

I let you know in a week if you can .......we have always been able to do this........

I mean come on the price carnival pays for a case of beer is like $20 because they buy in bulk, do the math 24 cans X $5 = $120 so they make $100 on each case of of beer, So dont say that it hurts there revenue because that's BULL.

How did you determine how much they pay for a case of beer? When I lived in NC my neighbor was a distributor. A case of Coors Light on beer night cost me around $12

I think you numbers are way too high.

Every couple of weeks, the smuggling post appears. The same answers from the same posters. I've yet to see someone change their opinion, yet everyone keeps trying.

Actually, I've changed my opinion!

I used to think that the smugglers hurt Carnival's bottom line. Now I'm realizing that people like ME are the ones hurting Carnival's bottom line. We don't smuggle, but we also don't consume a lot onboard (we go with a "very frugal" attitude). We drink lemonade and fruit punch all week long. We don't even buy soda. We will pick ONE photo and that will be our souvenir from the cruise. I literally will have one (max 2) alcoholic drink a day. Our last 7 night S&S account averaged $65 per person for the entire week!

Go back to what I wrote at the beginning of this thread. After reading the +350 posts on this thread, I now believe that:

• If Carnival relied on people like me to make money, they would've gone out of business a long time ago.
  • Smugglers bring their own alcohol onboard to supplement their onboard consumption, not to replace it altogether.
  • Smugglers may "cheat" Carnival a little by bringing their own alcohol, but that probably loosens them up to spend money somewhere else like gambling, and purchasing useless crap that they would've never purchased sober.

(I still believe though that Carnival (and any company for that matter) will find a way to generate revenue if their actual revenue falls short of their projected revenue. I'm just not blaming the revenue shortfall on the smugglers anymore)

I used to think that the smugglers hurt Carnival's bottom line. Now I'm realizing that people like ME are the ones hurting Carnival's bottom line. We don't smuggle, but we also don't consume a lot onboard (we go with a "very frugal" attitude). We drink lemonade and fruit punch all week long. We don't even buy soda. We will pick ONE photo and that will be our souvenir from the cruise. I literally will have one (max 2) alcoholic drink a day. Our last 7 night S&S account averaged $65 per person for the entire week!

Go back to what I wrote at the beginning of this thread. After reading the +350 posts on this thread, I now believe that:

• If Carnival relied on people like me to make money, they would've gone out of business a long time ago.
  • Smugglers bring their own alcohol onboard to supplement their onboard consumption, not to replace it altogether.
  • Smugglers may "cheat" Carnival a little by bringing their own alcohol, but that probably loosens them up to spend money somewhere else like gambling, and purchasing useless crap that they would've never purchased sober.

Hey now........no useless crap for me:D

I like VA..wish they offered more cruises out of there... Only a few times a year though, right?

yes unfortunately. Norfolk is about 4 hours from me, but still the closest Port. Aknot..you live in VA also? That's it..I'm moving :D

Do you want to go to jail:eek::confused:

There is nothing wrong with driving people to port. I would be honored. As long as we stayed within the perscribed speed limit and obeyed all safety laws.

How did you determine how much they pay for a case of beer? When I lived in NC my neighbor was a distributor. A case of Coors Light on beer night cost me around $12

I think you numbers are way too high.

I agree with Liv (as always :D). I can get a case of Coors, Miller or Bud at the local Harris-Teeter for as low as $11.95 .

(I still believe though that Carnival (and any company for that matter) will find a way to generate revenue if their actual revenue falls short of their projected revenue. I'm just not blaming the revenue shortfall on the smugglers anymore)

Couldn't have said it better.

yes unfortunately. Norfolk is about 4 hours from me, but still the closest Port. Aknot..you live in VA also? That's it..I'm moving :D

All my life cept for a stint in the Military and helping out on my fathers farm.

Hey now........no useless crap for me:D

Hey, if you have one of those monkey heads stashed somewhere at home, you fall in this category...! :p

I agree with Liv (as always :D). I can get a case of Coors' date=' Miller or Bud at the local Harris-Teeter for as low as $11.95 .[/quote']

A L L E N!!

Thanks! And that's at the Teeter....one of the more expensive chains around!

I was thinking about your cruise the other day...wondering if you were dancing and singing "just a gigolo"???? LOL.

Archived