Princess & Door Decor

Debbierpof

Okay, so this is my first ever Princess cruise! I don't want to be tacky. :eek: I have to admit, though, that I think it's cute to decorate the room door (nothing too crazy or loud -- last year just put a rather small luau fringe on the top of the door). Is this a no-no on Princess? Just wondering... :D

Okay, so this is my first ever Princess cruise! I don't want to be tacky. :eek: I have to admit, though, that I think it's cute to decorate the room door (nothing too crazy or loud -- last year just put a rather small luau fringe on the top of the door). Is this a no-no on Princess? Just wondering... :D

This is often done by passengers. Just make sure that the method of attaching does not leave work for the crew once you have left the ship.

Many people decorate their doors.

Whether or not it is tasteful is in the eyes of the beholder.

Personally, I don't care for door decorations - it is not "my thing".

Not my DH's thing either. :rolleyes: :D

I saw a few decorated doors on the Royal last month. There were the usual balloons for birthdays, etc., but one couple had a cute little koala bear clipped to their mailslot, and others hung lei's from the island night party. I don't think anyone would mind a little fringe.:)

Now that I think of it...while walking down the hallway I do remember seeing a few things on people's door. I remember thinking "how cute" that is.

Hmmm, what shall I put on our door in July???

:)

My last cruise was for the 2 weeks right before Christmas, so we not only decorated our door (tastefully) but also hung strings of lights around the room, had a small lighted Christmas tree, window clings on the balcony doors, and ornaments hanging off shelves! We could also turn on a TV station that had a roaring fireplace showing with Christmas music playing. Many people said they loved our festive look. And it made us feel like we weren't missing the fun at home. :D

We've never done it (short of the decorations Princess provides for special occasions), but it's certainly allowed.

And, I have to say we've found it really useful, even when others do it. The decor usually protrudes a little into the hall, and acts as a marker of how close/far we are from our stateroom, or the elevator/stairs, etc. It comes in really handy!

I have seen some doors decorated but these have mostly been done by the ship with balloons for birthdays and anniversaries etc. There are small decorations put out on the doors (or at least in the mail box next to the door) on the xmas cruises we have taken. However some of these have not lasted long before they have been "removed" by someone (possibly the kids I heard running and shouting down the hall). Seems like a favourite pastime to see how many could be "removed". I am not suggesting that anyone would "remove" your door decorations, but be aware that it could happen.

Enjoy your cruise.

We usually hang a small stocking or wreath on our door during our annual Christmas cruise. I use those removable 3M hooks that do not leave a mark on the door and leave the decoration in the cabin at the end of the cruise for the steward to dispose of.

Hi, yes, I too am planning my first cruise and found a darling big poster cut-out of chili-peppers with "HAPPY FIESTA" written across the front. That's going on my door, also found some "cling on" Mexican cutouts for the mirror or other glass surfaces. I've seen strings of chili pepper lights here and there, overkill??? :)

Happy Travels!

I'm looking forward to the free door markers next cruise as we have a wedding anniversay on the 3rd day into the cruise. Let's hope the balloons stay for the length of the cruise. It's definitely easier to spot your room this way.

There are lots of decorated doors, some done tastefully, others outlandishly. Just be careful that you don't put anything with any sentimental value, because they have been known to disappear.

This is a fun idea. And I love the idea of being able to tell which cabin door is yours... I think I walk by mine more than to mine, every time! Anyone know if you can see window clings on your balcony door from land? Or are the doors too tinted or anything?

attachment.php?attachmentid=155859&stc=1&d=1273617757

I absolutely love your Halloween fun! I think it's a matter of asking for forgiveness rather than permission. Last Christmas I called Princess to see if I could decorate my door and they said a resounding NO. But after boarding, just about every Baja Deck door was festive except ours. I'll know better next time :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=155859&stc=1&d=1273617757

Love it. I think the decorated doors add to the festive mood!

I absolutely love your Halloween fun! I think it's a matter of asking for forgiveness rather than permission. Last Christmas I called Princess to see if I could decorate my door and they said a resounding NO. But after boarding, just about every Baja Deck door was festive except ours. I'll know better next time :p

I think some people at corporate don't really know what it's like to be on a cruise ship so I would take some of their info with a grain of salt. I don't think there's anything in the Cruise Contract....as long as it's not a fire danger, why not? I would echo not to put anything of real value just in case someone thinks it's funny to take them down.

On our holiday cruise, many doors were decorated. With wreathes, bows, kids' drawings. I put a sign with my CC screen name with a message wishing everyone happy holidays. Princess put up a decorated pine cone on each cabin's in-box, which came down the day after Christmas.

We decorated our door for our trip last Christmas. There was no trouble from either Princess, or from michief-making children.

For our upcoming cruise in September,one of our CC roll call members has graciously offered to create individualized "posters" for us - with our picture on it.

Shalom, Andy.

Archived