Century 2011-12 itinerary release

kk99

I just saw this on the deployment schedule. http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Deployment_Schedule/2009.html

Century will do a 14 night Ultimate Alaska on 9-18-2011, followed by 2, 15 night rt from San Diego to Hawaii cruises, then a 17 night Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Baltimore departing on November 1, 2011, then a series of 12 and 11 night Eastern Caribbean cruises rt out of Baltimore, with a 16 night Panama cruise on March 5, 2012 from Baltimore to San Diego, then 3 more San Diego to Hawaii rt on March 21, April 5, and April 20, 2012 and ending with an 8 night Pacific Coast wine cruise from San Diego to Vancouver on May 5, 2012. This gives some options to the West Coast as well as some more choices from the east coast.

I have not seen pricing load just yet.

Kelcie

The prices are certainly an eye opener for the Hawaii run.

I always look at the lowest price first for a quick comparison to other cruises. Normally an inside starts at $100 pp pd, new prices $130 pp. Balconies are almost $200 per day. These prices are substantially higher than past cruises to the islands.

I always look at the lowest price first for a quick comparison to other cruises. Normally an inside starts at $100 pp pd, new prices $130 pp. Balconies are almost $200 per day. These prices are substantially higher than past cruises to the islands.

I agree Arno, I looked at the pricing and took it off the table for now.

Joel

yikes! It is pricey -- how is Celebrity on adjusting fares if the price goes down? We'd like to book Hawaii now, but are really hoping fo better pricing.

On all of our other Celebrity cruises we had good prices from the get go

yikes! It is pricey -- how is Celebrity on adjusting fares if the price goes down? We'd like to book Hawaii now, but are really hoping fo better pricing.

On all of our other Celebrity cruises we had good prices from the get go

Celebrity gives you the lower price if the fare drops after you book. The only exception is if it is a special for new bookings only. If you are pre-final payment, you just pay less at final payment when there is a price drop. If the price goes down after final payment, you receive an On Board Credit for the price differential - if you do not spend all of the OBC, it is refunded to you after the cruise.

Kelcie :)

Thank you so much for posting the new Century Itineraries. I had been waiting for them.

I too find the Hawaii trips very expensive. However, there is a Panama Canal cruise that is much more reasonable.

We paid $1519/pp for an OV on the 15-day Hawaii cruise on Mercury March 2009. Now they are asking $2400/pp OV for the same cruise on Century and even more in 2012. That is almost a 60% increase! What gives?

We paid $1519/pp for an OV on the 15-day Hawaii cruise on Mercury March 2009. Now they are asking $2400/pp OV for the same cruise on Century and even more in 2012. That is almost a 60% increase! What gives?

Anyone know why Celebrity hasn't posted the Century Southbound Pacific Coast cruises for Sep 2011 & 2012?

thanks Gonzo -- I think we're going to go for it

It will be our most expensive Hawaii cruise, but next year is our 30th -- so why not?

Jim and Allison..let me know which one you guys book...: )

Walter

Hi Walter - Wow a blast from the past! I hope you and your Mom are well!

We'll be doing the October 2nd, 2011. It's not available for sale at the moment -- it would be great if they were re-thinking the pricing!

Celebrity_fan seems upset that it's the Century -- you really like that ship... don't you?

We love the Mercury so I think it will be a good fit for us.

Hi,

Won't this be the first time that the Century has sailed in the Pacific? I sailed on this ship back in 1997 (when it was only two years old) and really liked it. I wouldn't mind trying it again. The Century certainly receives positive reviews. I have some interest in the Pacific Coastal cruise that is scheduled for May 2011.

Chuck

Lucky you who sail on Century.

But if I look back to2007 and 2008 Celebrity Cruises used the Millennium-class-ships for Hawaii (Infinity, Summit, Millennium) and the Mercury.

So why they don#t do it in 2011?

The same dates in October 2011 on a Millennium-class-ship - it would be great - than I would book this....

But now I have decided to sail on Cunard...

Hi Walter - Wow a blast from the past! I hope you and your Mom are well!

We'll be doing the October 2nd, 2011. It's not available for sale at the moment -- it would be great if they were re-thinking the pricing!

Celebrity_fan seems upset that it's the Century -- you really like that ship... don't you?

We love the Mercury so I think it will be a good fit for us.

I think you would both love the Century. I have been on all the celebrity ships now except for the Equinox and Eclipse and the Century remains one of my favorites. I too hope that the pricing comes down a bit. Would be great to sail with you both again. Mom says "hello".

Since 2009 and early 2010 were branded as the cruising bargain years of the century due to fallout from the September 2008 market meltdown, my guess is that the higher 2011 pricing is a reflection of the industry's predictions that cruising will demand will be strong in 2011.

I would hazard a guess that these early prices are meant to test the resiliency of the cruising market. They will certainly adjust if customers are slow to book due to sticker shock.

Boy -- it sounds like you had a bad experience on the Century. Do you mind if I ask what you don't like about it?

No, but I have read about bad experiences on Century.

And I like the Millennium-class-ships and Solstice-class-ships and not the Century-class-ships --> too small and too old.

And sailing on Century means to sail on the smallest Celebrity ship (after Xpedition) and on the oldest...

And a few years ago the Millennium-class-ships sailed to Hawaii - why not in 2011???? :mad:

My mistake - usually people who are so adamant have some firsthand experience.

I’ve read negative things about every ship.

I've been doing a lot of reading also and the overwhelming number of reviews I've read were very positive about the Century. I often skip through reviews looking for the negative ones since they are more entertaining. I will sometimes come to the conclusion that the reviewer is an idiot. Here’s a case in point:

There was a review a few years ago from someone who won a free cruise on the Mercury and found it to be so unbearable that he got off and went home after 2 days. The Mercury is our favorite ship – so we knew there was something not quite right with that guy.

Archived