Anything you regret not packing???

Venicegal

Suggestions of things to do before you leave:

Hold Mail at the Post Office

Turn AC to ~82 (summer) or heat to ~60 (winter) (FLORIDA)

Put name and address INSIDE suitcases

Let Emergency Contact know about trip

Hi

If you are bringing any plastic/glass bottles with Shampoo,tooth paste anything please put them in double or thriple zip lock you will never be sorry. you might find some one who did not do this and they bave a burst bottle all over thier clothes. I aalso put every thing in plastic bags with my name and adress on it. Have you ever been on a plane and watch your luggage out in rain. Most suit cases are not water proff.

Just so everyone is aware...insulin can be kept safely at room temperature for at least 30 days. So, if the coolers aren't keeping it really cold, it won't be hurt unless it will be more than a month. And some forms can go for over 40 days. Check with your pharmacist.

Pack light - one black dress, 2 black slacks, 2 pair of shoes, shirts, and toiletries

In addition I pack:

PassportsMedications including nauseaNail clippers and tweesersBug spray if Alaska and doing any wilderness venturesSunscreen & chapstickSunglassesLaundry bag for longer cruisesCork screw if wine in the roomSmall umbrellaI-pod for the plane rideBinocolarsCameras x 2Travel alarm clockTravel mugsHighlighterSticky notesZiplock bags ToiletriesRain coatFleece coatSmall backpack

On my last cruise I wish that I had packed a book light. A couple of times I couldn't sleep and wanted to read on the balcony. The ship I was on didn't have lights outside on the balcony. I couldn't turn the room light on and open the drapes because that would have woken my mom.

On my last cruise I wish that I had packed a book light. A couple of times I couldn't sleep and wanted to read on the balcony. The ship I was on didn't have lights outside on the balcony. I couldn't turn the room light on and open the drapes because that would have woken my mom.

I NEVER leave home without my book light. It's permanently with me on my nightstand right next to my clock and it goes with me along with my clock whenever I travel. :)

Thanks to KATIE I am now able to attach my packing list here as pdf file :)

I try not to go into too much detail with clothing, but lay out my mix and match on the bed before I pack - that way I know I have all the shirts, pants, shoes, etc. needed.

Tweak this list according to your needs :cool:

Packing List.pdf

FYI - on our last Holland America cruise, there was a staff member stationed at the drink station and they were refusing to let passengers fill their travel mugs because of infection control. The ship was not under any kind of special alert either.

I just poured my drink from their glass or coffee mug into my own travel mug.

Thanks to KATIE I am now able to attach my packing list here as pdf file :)

I try not to go into too much detail with clothing, but lay out my mix and match on the bed before I pack - that way I know I have all the shirts, pants, shoes, etc. needed.

Tweak this list according to your needs :cool:

Thanks so much for posting and thank God I read it! I have 200 items on my list and thought I had everything. Guess what I missed....PASSPORTS! I can not believe it. Loving you and cruise critic right now...

Archived