Ccl stock down

ho

CCL stock down to $35.68. I bought some yesterday when it went down to $37.08. Should I buy more today or is she going to continue headed south. Any advice? What do you think? :confused:

Oh wow! How long ago was that?
I bought CCL stock just over a year ago... it took a long time for me to convince my financial manager to just DO IT! We bought at about $23 and I figured that in that year, I've gotten about $800 in stockholder OBC on Princess and HAL. Even if it never went up, my real cost would be $0 within three years. Now that it's gone up, my financial manager is kicking himself that he didn't buy it sooner for us and that he didn't buy more than the 100 shares.

Buy it now... it'll go up. Remember, you should buy the stock not only for the stockholder benefit but also as a longterm investment. It may go down but the chances are excellent that it'll go back up... and up. Carnival Corp & PLC is a very smart organization and while we bemoan some of the nickel and diming, they keep finding ways to save money and reduce costs.

@Redjoan:

Yes. Here's an entire thread on the topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22362370

I am *not* understanding this current slide. I'm hoping to see a return to the 40s in the next two weeks as the Greek situation settles down a bit more.

Don't forget the role the volcano cloud is playing in this, in addition to the situation in Greece. Quite a few people have cancelled European cruises due to the uncertainty of air travel. We ourselves were stuck in Barcelona for 24 hours recently due to the volcano problem. But wherever you cruise, the CCL shares are a real winner!

It is slipping like the DOW is slipping. I was so excited last week when it was up and now all that virtual money is gone. Oh well- at least we got the OBC- and got it for 2 cabins since we put Mr5W in one cabin and me in the other. Co-owners, two OBCs. So we aren't doing too badly for the year. And yes, we got it only for the OBC, anything else is gravy.

Oh wow! How long ago was that?

January '09.

I sold earlier this week.

If you lose $500 on the stock value, it pretty much offsets a few shipboard credits.

...will buy some again before the next cruise.

January '09.

I sold earlier this week.

If you lose $500 on the stock value, it pretty much offsets a few shipboard credits.

...will buy some again before the next cruise.

We just let it ride. The rest of the market is down too. We still bought it at less than what it is now and yes, the volcano and cancellations would have affect the share price. It has its' ups and downs.

Maybe the oil spill is effecting bookings? I was looking at a short cruise out of Galveston or NO and I was concerned the impact the oil would have on the water, the beaches, the smell in the heat???

You only lose the money if you cash out when the price is down. We bought 100 shares as speculation the price would increase (we paid around $30 per share) but also because we felt confident that with hopefully many more years of cruising (we are in our 30s) we would easily make up the cost in OBC.

I don't think it makes sense to buy and sell it as the price moves unless you are very good at timing the market. Personally, this is a small part of my portfolio that has already netted us $400 in OBC, or over 12% return.

have you checked the whole market is down.

Its in times of panic where the biggest opportunites lie for those with cash.

CCL stock down to $35.68. I bought some yesterday when it went down to $37.08. Should I buy more today or is she going to continue headed south. Any advice? What do you think? :confused:

Yeah, and note that since the OBC isn't subject to income tax or capital gains, it's actually worth at *least* 15% more.

I'm shocked there wasn't more price support at 40. It's not like it's trading at some monster multiplier.

Remember, you should buy the stock not only for the stockholder benefit but also as a longterm investment. It may go down but the chances are excellent that it'll go back up

I totally agree with you, Pam. Good advice. Those who try to "time" the market to make a quick buck usually lose. Longterm investing is much wiser. I bought at $25 and I've been quite happy with how it's done and the OBC.

Don't forget the role the volcano cloud is playing in this, in addition to the situation in Greece. Quite a few people have cancelled European cruises due to the uncertainty of air travel. We ourselves were stuck in Barcelona for 24 hours recently due to the volcano problem. But wherever you cruise, the CCL shares are a real winner!

I haven't experienced that. In fact, I've been having a heck of a time finding European cruises that my clients can go on since everything they want (Princess in Med. late June, early July) is sold out!!! It is very frustrating and I have never seen anything like this. The cruises leaving from England are selling especially well.

And, Carnival announced two months ago that it was raising prices because sales have been SO good.

Archived