June 1st announcement

And why not? The easiest way to make a profit and return a high rate of return would be to raise rates 10% if not more.

In fact, there is a video interview with Richard Fain where he said rates are nowhere near where they SHOULD be.

That is the easiest way to lose more customers.

And why not? The easiest way to make a profit and return a high rate of return would be to raise rates 10% if not more.

In fact, there is a video interview with Richard Fain where he said rates are nowhere near where they SHOULD be.

Well I'm sure he has market research that none of us have..........but if he wants to keep filling 5,000 passenger ships 52 weeks of the year (let alone his other ships), with the competition out there.........I would certainly at least "watch" my rates.

That's not true...at my local supermarket if they have buy one get one free, I can still use a coupon. That's 2 different discounts. Too bad they don't have that with cruises.:)

PS I have been a stockholder for many years so it is my company also.

Last week at the grocery store they had Honey Nut Cheerios on sale 4 boxes for $10. I had 4 coupons for $.75 off 1 box. Our grocery store doubles coupons up to $.99. So 4 x $1.50 = $6.00 taken off $10 means that I got 4 boxes of Cheerios for $4 or $1.00 a box. Now that's a deal!!:D

Last week at the grocery store they had Honey Nut Cheerios on sale 4 boxes for $10. I had 4 coupons for $.75 off 1 box. Our grocery store doubles coupons up to $.99. So 4 x $1.50 = $6.00 taken off $10 means that I got 4 boxes of Cheerios for $4 or $1.00 a box. Now that's a deal!!:D

That is a deal................now what grocery store was that?:D but that is a lot of Cheerios:)

I think Mr. Fain meant that rates are no where near where he WOULD LIKE them to be. We all know RCI has issues when it comes to using words to convey what they mean to say.

I believe, (slowly) prices have gone up. I know the PC repo cruise just four years ago was $2300 for a jr. suite for 15 days. That same cruise today is $3799 for a jr. suite last time I checked........and even some Caribbean itienerarys are up just in the last 3 years........

I'm not saying the market doesn't justify the price, because in our system it does...........but prices have definetly gone up.

there are still deals to be had, but you have to look for them........but they are out there.

Maybe you could do my family's shopping from now on?:D

And medicare pays me far less for an office visit than they SHOULD be paying. So what?

I think Mr. Fain meant that rates are no where near where he WOULD LIKE them to be. We all know RCI has issues when it comes to using words to convey what they mean to say.

Now if they based cruise credits on the cost of medical care, Mrs. E. would have "supermario" looking like a gold C&A member.

Maybe you could do my family's shopping from now on?:D

We get our cheerios for free. (in the windjammer):D

I believe, (slowly) prices have gone up. I know the PC repo cruise just four years ago was $2300 for a jr. suite for 15 days. That same cruise today is $3799 for a jr. suite last time I checked........and even some Caribbean itienerarys are up just in the last 3 years........

I'm not saying the market doesn't justify the price, because in our system it does...........but prices have definetly gone up.

there are still deals to be had, but you have to look for them........but they are out there.

Ther you go. You just have to inject a dose of reality into the the conversation.:rolleyes::D:D

To be a little more specific, Rene did tell me that D+ will get more free internet and that D+ will also get lower rates for phone calls.

We were having this conversation while waiting for the all-clear to get off the ship, so there was not a ton of time to really discuss more of the details. But she did specifically mention those 2 things, along with the things I originally posted.

So by tomorrow I guess we will all know for sure, but certainly seems like this announcement will have lots of positives.

No it is clear what he said

The biggest mistake RCI made was in lowering prices to keep the ship's full. With the type of clientelle that was cruising with lowered prices since December 2008, the resulting onboard revenue fell by as much as 75% in some cases.

Ther you go. You just have to inject a dose of reality into the the conversation.:rolleyes::D:D

LMAO.........you should know by now I do love the RC product.......but I'm a realist..........not a cheerleader;)

Now if they based cruise credits on the cost of medical care, Mrs. E. would have "supermario" looking like a gold C&A member.

We get our cheerios for free. (in the windjammer):D

Very funny!:D

Maybe the Monarch and Majesty will have more room in the JS catagory if the credits for the 3/4 night cruises go down. So many used them as a point builder and we were even thinking of doing a few ourselves.

Tomorrow will tell (maybe) what is really on RCCL's mind.

Time is drawing near!!:D

Rick

The biggest mistake RCI made was in lowering prices to keep the ship's full. With the type of clientelle that was cruising with lowered prices since December 2008, the resulting onboard revenue fell by as much as 75% in some cases.

I'm confused...........are you suggesting just a higher class cruiser?? That would certainly IMO, go against trying to fill 5,000 passenger ships with the Disney World mentality.........I really am trying to understand what you mean, and understand the blandness of a post on the internet sometimes doesn't come across.

Maybe the Monarch and Majesty will have more room in the JS catagory if the credits for the 3/4 night cruises go down. So many used them as a point builder and we were even thinking of doing a few ourselves.

Tomorrow will tell (maybe) what is really on RCCL's mind.

Time is drawing near!!:D

Rick

What are all of us going to do..............if there is NO ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow...........:D:p

So if they put prices up and some of those people are no longer on the ships, somehow on board revenue is going to increase? What kind of logic is that? There will be less people on board and spending will fall even further. Maybe average on board spending would increase but what difference does that make? It isn't the AVERAGE that counts, it is the TOTAL.

All they will accomplish is having a crew aboard with not enough passengers to pay their salaries---- I mean provide tips.

I have a problem with tomorrows announcement. If RCCL is going to make us all happy, what is going to be left, for us to bi_ch about???:eek::eek:

Could it be so good, that from this point forward, I will have to post just wonderful stuff....oh MY!:rolleyes::D:D

BILL:)

I have a problem with tomorrows announcement. If RCCL is going to make us all happy, what is going to be left, for us to bi_ch about???:eek::eek:

Could it be so good, that from this point forward, I will have to post just wonderful stuff....oh MY!:rolleyes::D:D

BILL:)

Bill...........I love ya.......but wouldn't count on it..........there can always be improvements.

What are all of us going to do..............if there is NO ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow...........:D:p

There better be one. We are going to Moffitt for another 15 hours of chemo tomorrow. We need something to help pass the time. Penguins of Madagascar reruns are getting stale.:D

There is always a tipping thread somewhere:D:p

Yeah, you know those of us who love the Windjammer. We are a bunch of slobs who are just so cheap that we want to get out of tipping.

Now... where are those free cheerios that Evaluator was talking about?

Well if there is an announcement tomorrow, I hope it will be posted in CLEAR english on Cruise Critic..........since tomorrow is the first of the month, this retiree is going to pay bills since I only get paid now once a month:)........I THINK I still have my priorities straight:p.........but whenever I check later in the morning.......I hope if ther is an announcement, someone will post it in very clear english.

Not yo worry, Jim. If nothing is announced tomorrow, someone will be sure to post that the announcement is coming on June 15th, July 1st. September, 1st or next January when the revamped cruise credit that they have supposedly been working on, refining and polishing until it gleams, is due to be revealed, according to "those who really know".:D:rolleyes: Make enough predictions and one of them will eventually come true, something like the "blind squirrel' who eventually finds a nut.;)

Archived