June 1st announcement

I'll be darned, that June 1st thing was right.

I was a little off. I thought she told me we would be able to combine 3 things-onboard OBC, Balcony discount AND savings cert, but if I am reading right, it is only combining the booking onboard OBC and either the balcony discount or savings cert. Still good changes, at least can combine something again.

So far, it looks like these may be the only changes made. All positive!! I have been kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop, to see what is being taken away. There may be more today, but if not, for right now, we are pretty happy campers!!:D:D;)

Rick

No shareholder credit though:mad:

I am confused about that also, so will call today. Rene had told me if you did not book onboard and get the OBC, then you would be able to use the SH credit along with the balcony discount. So I need to try to get some clarification on that.

Not as straighforward as I was hoping, always still some questions! Hopefully, someone will be able to give me the correct information. I plan to call later this morning.

No shareholder credit though:mad:

That IS what I wanted.

At least we keep the CL.

The on board booking is of no benefit to me with all the cruises I already have booked.

At least we get a free picture and 45 minutes internet time. I don't see any major improvements. Just tiny ones.

Gina

That IS what I wanted.

At least we keep the CL.

The on board booking is of no benefit to me with all the cruises I already have booked.

At least we get a free picture and 45 minutes internet time. I don't see any major improvements. Just tiny ones.

Gina

Don't forget the free bag of laundry!

Yeah, I rather have balcony discount or savings cert if we can only have 2.:(

I hate wasting time booking onboard.

Jimbo:)

Sorry, but it works better for us in the UK - we weren't allowed the savings cert

Well...it's better than it was...but did anyone else notice the onboard credit for 3-5nt cruises has dropped from $50 to $25? I'm happy about the free pic though...they must have read my comment card from the Majesty...:D

Well...it's better than it was...but did anyone else notice the onboard credit for 3-5nt cruises has dropped from $50 to $25? I'm happy about the free pic though...they must have read my comment card from the Majesty...:D

They didn't take the 2 cruise credits away for 3/4 night sailings, for now, when cruising in a JS or above. We will be booking today!!:D;)

Rick

cheerleader post........:D lol you qualify for a free upgrade.:rolleyes:

Cheerleader:confused: Jimbo you know be better than that LOL!! I'm very quick to critisize them but also give them a pat on the back when they deserve it:)

What about the June 1st restriction? I know with the wow sale, you could not cancel and rebook to get in on the obc. But what about with this? For a cruise over a year away getting the 200 diamond balcony, I'd rather cancel and rebook to get 350 by booking same on next cruise. I'm guessing they won't want this but it doesn't seem fair not to be able to get in on the new promotion in this case (where I didn't have a problem with the wow exclusion).

Cheerleader:confused: Jimbo you know be better than that LOL!! I'm very quick to critisize them but also give them a pat on the back when they deserve it:)

Hey, I see you are going on Eurodam. We went on her this past March.

Great food. Try the beef..Yum Yum

It makes amazing business sense. Customers should be segmented into four grades: A’s, B’s, C’s and D’s. They should be totally concentrating on their A customers. They are the most profitable, most loyal and best source of referrals. The 80-20 rule is that 80% of any company's profits come from the top 20% of its customer base and they will not notice a 10% price increase. They are the A customers. RCI needs to do more to attract A customers.

The B customers will grumble but they are so loyal they won't go away.

The C & D customers are quite frankly a drain on profits and raising prices will be a nice way of saying "goodbye".

They need to stop discounting all the way around. When you stop discounting, you literally stop giving money away. Think of it this way: if you constantly discount, why even bother having a retail price? Not only does discounting cost you money, it gives your customers the general impression your “normal” prices are a rip-off. The flip-side of this, especially if you are in a “discounting” oriented business, is to add-on value instead. In some instances, you may be able to raise your price, add value for very little cost out-of-pocket and enormously leverage profits. In the end, it’s all about perceived value for your customer.

Then I guess we will not be seeing any price drops occuring after final payment is due right? RCI wants, and needs, to fill up the ships. Why do you think they changed the rules for getting price drops? They want to be sure they can drop pricing and fill up the ships without everyone getting the advantage of the better pricing. If they were not worried about filling the ships they would not have had to change the rules. They could have just set pricing when the cruise bookings opened up and called it a day.

Hey, I see you are going on Eurodam. We went on her this past March.

Great food. Try the beef..Yum Yum

Our first HAL cruise..........THAT in itself is kinda worrying me LOL!!

Sorry folks.........back to benefits.

Have anything to do with your "retired" status?:eek::D

LMAO.....not really.........I just wanted to try them and judge for myself.........but it still is kinda scary:rolleyes::p

Archived